Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,431 members, 7,964,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 07:59 PM

Why I Want To Be Lagos Councilor –oby Okafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Be Lagos Councilor –oby Okafor (1409 Views)

Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili / Mrs. Bolanle Patience Ambode: Unveiling Soon To Be Lagos State First Lady / PDP Councilor Nabbed Buying Pvcs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be Lagos Councilor –oby Okafor by aloyemeka1: 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2011
[size=14pt]Why I want to be a councilor –actress Lolo[/size]
By MATTHEW DIKE
Friday September 30, 2011

The craze for political office is increasing as even a popular actress has joined the band wagon. Something big muust really be happening in the political world to make an actress who has acted lolo (chief’s wife) so well producers usually left the role for her as if only she was destined to play such role, to abandon acting for politics.

People even forgot her real name. The actress, Oby Okafor, popularly called Lolo, is vying for position of councillor in Ajeromi/ Ifelodun Local Government Area of Lagos State, in the October council polls on Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) platform.

Oby, who starred in Living in bondage, Battle of Musanga, Taboo, The die is cast, Vulgar, The Living Ghost, Do or die, Red Candle, Betrayal, Turning Point, Afifia Uguru, among others, said because of her interest in politics, she stopped acting so that she would focus on how to become a councillor in Ward H.
Oby said Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) was her role model while she wants the former governor of the state, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to be her godfather.

The die- hard member of ACN disclosed that she contested the primary in same Ward in 2007 and lost to Emeka Mordi. Oby, who also claimed to be the best welfare and caterer in Nollywood, said this was her God-chosen period to become councillor in Ward H. The actress wanted other aspirants to forget about the position because God had chosen her for the job.

On her role in Nollywood, she said: “I have starred in so many films. I cannot even remember all their titles. They are so many. How many will I remember? Apart from films, I was also a caterer for actors and actresses in some films. I also offer such catering services to people at events such as birthdays and marriages. I am the best welfare officer Nollywood has ever produced. I had to quit because people later came and were cooking rubbish and nonsense food.

When actresses and actors asked: Who is the person in charge of welfare? If they mentioned my name, all the stars would want to eat the food.” Lolo gave reasons for her decision to contest: “It has been long I acted because of politics .Since the past six years, I have not acted. I have since been into politics. In 2007, I contested as a councillor in Ward H in Ajeromi/Ifelodun Local Government Area. I contested on the platform of ACN.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showtime/2011/sept/30/showtime-30-09-2011-002.html
Re: Why I Want To Be Lagos Councilor –oby Okafor by jason123: 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2011
smiley smiley smiley
May the will of the people be done!

(1) (Reply)

War Echoes In Ikorodu! / Jos Church Attacker: Suicide Bomber Cocin Member- Defence Hq / Win Lg Lcd 32lk310 From ( Fouani Nigeria Ltd )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.