Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,009 members, 7,976,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 01:36 PM

The Things Of Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Things Of Heaven (149 Views)

The Beautiful Things Of Easter / The Beautiful Things Of Easter / What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Things Of Heaven by AbundantLife05: 6:40am On Jun 11, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
THE THINGS OF HEAVEN. Isaiah 6:1-8
It was in the year King Uzziah died that I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple. [2]Attending him were mighty seraphim, each having six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. [3]They were calling out to each other, “Holy, holy, holy is the lord of Heaven’s Armies! The whole earth is filled with his glory!” [4]Their voices shook the Temple to its foundations, and the entire building was filled with smoke. [5]Then I said, “It’s all over! I am doomed, for I am a sinful man. I have filthy lips, and I live among a people with filthy lips. Yet I have seen the King, the lord of Heaven’s Armies.” [6]Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal he had taken from the altar with a pair of tongs. [7]He touched my lips with it and said, “See, this coal has touched your lips. Now your guilt is removed, and your sins are forgiven.” [8]Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us? I said, “Here I am. Send me.” NLT.

In some of our teachings on this platform, we have had to deal with topics relating to heaven. In those teachings, I explained what heaven means and I taught that there are three levels of heaven. The Greek word for heaven is called “ouranos”, it means the sky, air, and the abode of God. The first level of heaven is the sky that we see on a daily basis, the space is the second heaven, and the last one is the unseen realm where God lives. The third heaven was described by Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:1-4: This boasting will do no good, but I must go on. I will reluctantly tell about visions and revelations from the Lord. [2]I was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. [3]Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know [4]that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell. NLT. Simply put, the bible describes heaven as a place that is higher and above the realm of man.

One major thing about heaven is that it is a place and there are activities that go on in the place. Also, heaven being a place has beings living there and as I have pointed out above, it is the abode of God. Rev 4:1-11. Heaven is a majestic place, and as such there are incredible things that go on in the place, things that if one is to see them, they are too sacred and wonderful for the person to reveal just as Paul said and how John was told not to reveal something he saw in Revelation 10:4: When the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write. But I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Keep secret what the seven thunders said, and do not write it down.” NLT.

However, today we want to look at the heavenly things Prophet Isaiah saw. God does not just reveal heaven to people, there is a reason behind the revelation. In the case of Isaiah, the heavenly realms opened for him to see that he was impure and to reveal the holiness of God. God was about to walk with Isaiah but he lacked a major qualification which was holiness. Hebrews 12:14: Work at living in peace with everyone, and work at living a holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord. NLT.

After Isaiah saw the vision of the Lord, his sins were taken away from him and he became a messenger of God. This morning God is sending his message to us because there are people he is setting apart to be his messenger, but this cannot happen unless our sins be taken away. The only way our sins can be taken away in this dispensation is by believing and confessing Jesus Christ as our Lord and saviour. Whether you have given your life to him before and you have gone back or you have not done so before, I urge you to do so now by saying this prayer; Dear Jesus, I believe that you died for my sins and resurrected from the dead, I come to you to confess you as my lord and saviour, please save me from sin and welcome me into your family. Amen. I congratulate you if you have made this prayer wholeheartedly and I enjoin you to join a bible believing church as you begin your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Live ECK Light Sunday Service 11th June 2023 / Why I Do Not Answer To Nicknames / How To Deal With The Guilt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.