Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,178 members, 7,977,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:26 AM

MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano (1221 Views)

Nastura Sharif Arrest: Bashir Tofa Warns Buhari / Governor Makinde Appoints Ahmed Murtala, Kano Indigene As Aide / Pictures PDP Campaign In Dawakin-tofa Kano Hometown Of Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by leviaka: 3:19am On Jun 13, 2023
@leviaka a social commentator
Being an IGBO MAN who grew up all his life in Lagos , surulere precisely and speaks the Yoruba language fluently and have so many Yoruba friends. And who loves and respect the Yoruba’s.
In the 70’s and 80’s as kids we all play together especially football , we visit each other homes, being conscious of our education we wrote WAEC and also JAMB some of us went to the university outside Lagos some of my Yoruba friends even schooled in UNN (but today some Yorubas are afraid to school in the east or do their NYSC there) me I schooled in a university in the south south region
I remember vividly what happened during the 1993 general election MKO ABIOLA a Yoruba man defeated TOFA a Kano indigene in Kano state, just as PETER OBI defeated TINUBU in Lagos state, yet the northerners did not threaten the Yoruba’s in Kano or any other indigene.
What people did not realize or understand especially the AGBERO politicians is that both Abiola and Obi won because of their charisma and popularity and because people want change and the best brains in the case of Abiola he has friends all over the country (a lesson to our agbero politicians who are ethnic champions) it was unfortunate that the northern military oligarchs annulled that election. They did it because they thought power belongs to them only, they learnt their lesson afterwards and thi’s paved the way for a Yoruba man SHONEKON to replace IBB and eventually for obasanjo a Yoruba man to be voted into power.
I remember then how the British government warned the northerners to give power to the Yoruba’s or face the consequences they OBIDIENTLY obliged ,they know if Nigeria disintegrates they will be the poorest region in the world.
If Nigeria disintegrates which I don’t pray for those regions that has no resources will suffer so much, and those who have might mismanage it and suffer also so let us not think about it, because it will come with a bloody price and those who think non indigenes will be chased out of Lagos because of some SATANIC laws are only having a pipe dream you don’t just chase away a people after investing so much in your land and you cannot force them to vote for someone of your choice because nobody had ever forced the Yoruba’s to vote against their choice in other regions, but if those agbero politicians and their followers decide to do otherwise the Yoruba’s will never recover from the consequences people will relocate so fast and Lagos economy will crumble so fast because (read about the capital flight in San Francisco USA which is becoming a failed city in Newsweek magazine drugs, murder etc are driving people Away)
So my advice to those AGBERO politicians that wants to cause problem to think twice don’t push non indigenes especially the IGBOS to the wall , your kinsman TINUBU is in power so rejoice while it last ,be happy and grateful to GOD, don’t push your luck too far Igbo are more concerned about their business than politics they have moved on with their lives so don’t tamper with their hard earned wealth , we Igbos will rather live in comfort than live in penury and be praising leaders that have nothing to offer because they are in POWER even if they are Igbo,
To those Yoruba who mainly are not indigenes of Lagos(Those who have taken over the state from the real aborigines) but are spearheading this should be prepared of what will befall Lagos, which are, poor revenue, crime(lots of it) , millions of Agbero roaming the street, strife, movement of non indigenes to there states, loss of oil well by Yoruba elites, loss of foreign investment ,suicide , ethnic awareness (IFE/MODAKKE, aworis, ijebus, illajes, etc will now notice there differences.
PLEASE let PEACE REIGN
LONG LIVE NIGERIA and also GOD bless all liberal minded people across the country , both Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, ijaw, tiv, etc

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by iammo(m): 3:28am On Jun 13, 2023
cool

Summary of the long epistle

Yorubas are Agbero Politicians

Yoruba must allow Ibos have their way in their land

Since you grew up in Surulere you are as well entitled to what bonafide indegenes are entitled to

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:33am On Jun 13, 2023
Whoever read the novel should please summarize in two sentences.

4 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by Olabestonic001(m): 3:41am On Jun 13, 2023
Yorubas did not make snide remarks at Hausas because Abiola won in Kano!

That does not mean I support the whole fiasco, but sometimes actions have consequences.

For example, Tinubu supported Buhari in 2015 and chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket in 2023 (actions), so many Igbos hated him for that (consequences). Are they justified in hating him? No, but it makes sense because he was making an incursion into their interests.

So, when the victory of Obi in Lagos was announced, rather than celebrating wisely, the majority of the Igbos took it for tribal supremacy and focused on their megalomaniac tendencies. This action pissed many Yorubas (actions) and made them behave foolishly during the gubernatorial election (consequences). These never happened in Kano.

As long as most Igbos continue to make every conversation about them (actions), they will continue to receive hostile reactions. While it is a cultural thing to self-praise, please don't make it all about you only (you'd make enemies quickly). Also, when you are at the receiving end of a defeat, stop making it all about yourself and shouting blue murder (victim mentality).

I hope to help most Igbos understand social intelligence; they'll always be trusted with every opportunity.

But, hey, if an Igbo man doesn't oppress you because he makes a small gain, his low self-esteem will not be satisfied. Yet, when he loses, it's because you hate him. That must be some disease!

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by Raskimonojendor: 3:46am On Jun 13, 2023
Rubbish. Another wailing and victim mentality thread

Gbarebo's past anti-yoruba tweet did him in, and Peter Obidients supporters said they would chase the indigenous obas away.

If yorubas in Kano had said they would chase the Emir of Kano away, I am sure the Hausa/Fulani would not fold their hands and look on.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by OlawaleBammie: 3:55am On Jun 13, 2023
This guy is about to kill himself for the grueling pains yoruba caused him grin grin

He's going tru alot grin

Maybe obasa should admit lagos is a no man's land wether his depression will be gone...

Awon dogs grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by sreamsense: 4:06am On Jun 13, 2023
Just keep deceiving yourself hiding under opportunity Yoruba gave to you because of their accommodative spirit. First of all, you are insulting yorubas by comparing Abiola with Obi. Obi is very stingy and does not have charisma while Abiola has the charisma and not stingy. Abiola was well loved across Nigeria because of his generosity while obi is mainly love in South east and courtesy of obasanjo/afenifere/Yoruba artist. Obi failure was very clear even before election took place while Abiola victory was cleared even before election started.

Threat in Lagos was overrated, as east was even worse with malpractice to extent of preventing opposition to vote. You were opportuned to grow up in Yoruba land but you failed to understand their history of unity. If there is war today, you will find your bearing pointing to direction of east by following The Young Shall Grow Motors despite you were brought up in Lagos as you claimed. All yorubas indirectly or directly came from Ife and grand children of same father; they do things together unlike south east where Abia doesn't employ Anambra, Imo doesn't employ Enugu and many more.

All yorubas are not non-indigenes to Lagos, it their ancestral place. You are only pained because you have never seen that kind of unity before where you came from. If you like call them non-indigenes till tomorrow, you are only deceiving yourselves, it doesn't change fact on ground. You can go and choose Ebonyi or Anambra and call it Igbo United Nations/city. Lagos indigenes never call you to come and fight for their right neither have you heard them telling you other yorubas to go to their states.

You are the only one suffering yourself silently due to bad belle. It is non of your problem which Yoruba state yorubas called their own. Yorubas in Togo, Benin and even Itsekiri i.e (Reno Omokri) has more right in Lagos than you. Know it and know peace. You will not dictate to them how they want to run their things. It is either you comply with what they want by staying on your lane or you move out.

You don't need to kill yourself over why Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti and Kwara are claiming Lagos as indigenes, it is non-of your problem; accept what your host want or move out if you are not happy. You can't teach sophisticated, enlighten and most educated people how to do their things. It is better you learn good things from them and go and replicate them in alaigbo or face what you come to do in Lagos. Don't because you are overfed in yoruba land to misbahave to your host to avoid trouble you always encounter in Ghana, South Africa, India and many more countries

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by aariwa(m): 4:26am On Jun 13, 2023
Abiola defeated tofa in south east in 1993 with a few thousand votes inspite of the fact that tofa fielded an igbo vice and Abiola did Muslim- Muslim ticket .Arthur Nzeribe is one of the most hated men today in south east even in his home town of orlu because of the way he with IBB, HRM Sijuade and co truncated democracy. Igbos voted Abiola not because he was Yoruba or not but because during his campaigns he proffered practical solutions on how to solve Nigeria’s problems ie he was the best candidate. Igbos believe in good governance as against politics of poverty, same reason that made igbos support Abiola, Obasanjo, yaradua, Jonathan and Obi made them reject emilokan as incompetent because he ran away from the opportunity to address Nigerians on how he would solve the problems of the country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by ican2020: 4:31am On Jun 13, 2023
Op you did well by educating those who thinks that they can survive without the other tribes

No nation can ever prosper without strangers

4 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by inoki247: 4:56am On Jun 13, 2023
ican2020:
Op you did well by educating those who thinks that they can survive without the other tribes

No nation can ever prosper without strangers

Lol you make Noise too much if anybody wants to go issa free world.

When Nigeria locked derr Border against Benin Republic did u hear in the news that Bene people start dying of hunger u people should rest go nobody is holding u you've been shouting you want to relocate your business back home this and that will crumble....

Una think say una no go feel the effects pass who feel effect of border lock pass between Nigeria and Benin Republic...

So mak una go nd allow us some breath you people should stop thinking you're the oxygen Lagosians breath.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by DoTheNeedful: 5:04am On Jun 13, 2023
aariwa:
Abiola defeated tofa in south east in 1993 with a few thousand votes inspite of the fact that tofa fielded an igbo vice and Abiola did Muslim- Muslim ticket .Arthur Nzeribe is one of the most hated men today in south east even in his home town of orlu because of the way he with IBB, HRM Sijuade and co truncated democracy. Igbos voted Abiola not because he was Yoruba or not but because during his campaigns he proffered practical solutions on how to solve Nigeria’s problems ie he was the best candidate. Igbos believe in good governance as against politics of poverty, same reason that made igbos support Abiola, Obasanjo, yaradua, Jonathan and Obi made them reject emilokan as incompetent because he ran away from the opportunity to address Nigerians on how he would solve the problems of the country

Why do some of you like to lie blatantly? Abiola LOST South East clearly. He only won Anambra? Would you say Atiku won South West because he won Osun in the last election?

I'm sure you were not even born in 1993. Historically, Igbo and Yoruba don't vote in agreement. The two times Igbos and Yorubas voted in agreement were in 2003 for OBJ and 2011 for GEJ. In 1999 when Yoruba voted against OBJ in favor of Falae, the Igbos voted against Falae. Please, study Nigeria's history very well before spewing lies online.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by inoki247: 5:18am On Jun 13, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

Why do some of you like to lie blatantly? Abiola LOST South East clearly. He only won Anambra? Would you say Atiku won South West because he won Osun in the last election?

I'm sure you were not even born in 1993. Historically, Igbo and Yoruba don't vote in agreement. The two times Igbos and Yorubas voted in agreement were in 2003 for OBJ and 2011 for GEJ. In 1999 when Yoruba voted against ObJ in favor of Falae, the Igbos voted against Falae. Please, study Nigeria's history very well before spewing lies online.

Just leave doz Joker's with still winning Lagos they're calling SW people Tribalist or dem think say na dem produce all the vote in Lagos you people gave your son 97percent they're not Tribalist buh Hero...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by DoTheNeedful: 5:19am On Jun 13, 2023
leviaka:
Being an IGBO MAN who grew up all his life in Lagos , surulere precisely and speaks the Yoruba language fluently and have so many Yoruba friends. And who loves and respect the Yoruba’s.
In the 70’s and 80’s as kids we all play together especially football , we visit each other homes, being conscious of our education we wrote WAEC and also JAMB some of us went to the university outside Lagos some of my Yoruba friends even schooled in UNN (but today some Yorubas are afraid to school in the east or do their NYSC there) me I schooled in a university in the south south region
I remember vividly what happened during the 1993 general election MKO ABIOLA a Yoruba man defeated TOFA a Kano indigene in Kano state, just as PETER OBI defeated TINUBU in Lagos state, yet the northerners did not threaten the Yoruba’s in Kano or any other indigene.
What people did not realize or understand especially the AGBERO politicians is that both Abiola and Obi won because of their charisma and popularity and because people want change and the best brains in the case of Abiola he has friends all over the country (a lesson to our agbero politicians who are ethnic champions) it was unfortunate that the northern military oligarchs annulled that election. They did it because they thought power belongs to them only, they learnt their lesson afterwards and thi’s paved the way for a Yoruba man SHONEKON to replace IBB and eventually for obasanjo a Yoruba man to be voted into power.
I remember then how the British government warned the northerners to give power to the Yoruba’s or face the consequences they OBIDIENTLY obliged ,they know if Nigeria disintegrates they will be the poorest region in the world.
If Nigeria disintegrates which I don’t pray for those regions that has no resources will suffer so much, and those who have might mismanage it and suffer also so let us not think about it, because it will come with a bloody price and those who think non indigenes will be chased out of Lagos because of some SATANIC laws are only having a pipe dream you don’t just chase away a people after investing so much in your land and you cannot force them to vote for someone of your choice because nobody had ever forced the Yoruba’s to vote against their choice in other regions, but if those agbero politicians and their followers decide to do otherwise the Yoruba’s will never recover from the consequences people will relocate so fast and Lagos economy will crumble so fast because (read about the capital flight in San Francisco USA which is becoming a failed city in Newsweek magazine drugs, murder etc are driving people Away)
So my advice to those AGBERO politicians that wants to cause problem to think twice don’t push non indigenes especially the IGBOS to the wall , your kinsman TINUBU is in power so rejoice while it last ,be happy and grateful to GOD, don’t push your luck too far Igbo are more concerned about their business than politics they have moved on with their lives so don’t tamper with their hard earned wealth , we Igbos will rather live in comfort than live in penury and be praising leaders that have nothing to offer because they are in POWER even if they are Igbo,
To those Yoruba who mainly are not indigenes of Lagos(Those who have taken over the state from the real aborigines) but are spearheading this should be prepared of what will befall Lagos, which are, poor revenue, crime(lots of it) , millions of Agbero roaming the street, strife, movement of non indigenes to there states, loss of oil well by Yoruba elites, loss of foreign investment ,suicide , ethnic awareness (IFE/MODAKKE, aworis, ijebus, illajes, etc will now notice there differences.
PLEASE let PEACE REIGN
LONG LIVE NIGERIA and also GOD bless all liberal minded people across the country , both Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, ijaw, tiv, etc

Abiola didn't go to Kano a week later to anoint a governorship candidate and dog-whistle to the Yorubas in Kano to vote for his candidate because he felt he was more popular than Tofa in Kano.

Nigeria is not ripe for that kind of politics. While I believe in Nigeria, I am also a strong advocate of people respecting their boundaries. When I travel to Bayelsa, Imo or Kano, I will like to feel free, but I would also be conscious that there are some people with historical ties and emotional attachment to those places.

This life is simple I swear.

7 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by Dpen11(f): 5:26am On Jun 13, 2023
They can't survive without the igbo's

1 Like

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by phyllumtopilla: 6:39am On Jun 13, 2023
[quote author=leviaka post=123757656] @leviaka a social commentator
PLEASE let PEACE REIGN
LONG LIVE NIGERIA and also GOD bless all liberal minded people across the country , both Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, ijaw, tiv,

It is because the victory did not come with stupid statements like "we own Kano".... "Kano is no man's land"...and other such statements

3 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by DaFuhrer(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2023
Olabestonic001:

That does not mean I support the whole fiasco, but sometimes actions have consequences.

For example, Tinubu supported Buhari in 2015 and chose a Muslim-Muslim ticket in 2023 (actions), so many Igbos hated him for that (consequences). Are they justified in hating him? No, but it makes sense because he was making an incursion into their interests.

So, when the victory of Obi in Lagos was announced, rather than celebrating wisely, the majority of the Igbos took it for tribal supremacy and focused on their megalomaniac tendencies. This action pissed many Yorubas (actions) and made them behave foolishly during the gubernatorial election (consequences). These never happened in Kano.

As long as most Igbos continue to make every conversation about them (actions), they will continue to receive hostile reactions. While it is a cultural thing to self-praise, please don't make it all about you only (you'd make enemies quickly). Also, when you are at the receiving end of a defeat, stop making it all about yourself and shouting blue murder (victim mentality).

I hope to help most Igbos understand social intelligence; they'll always be trusted with every opportunity.

But, hey, if an Igbo man doesn't oppress you because he makes a small gain, his low self-esteem will not be satisfied. Yet, when he loses, it's because you hate him. That must be some disease!

Too much sense no go kee you

5 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by DoTheNeedful: 6:52am On Jun 13, 2023
aariwa:
. Mugu keep typing rubbish. Abiola I saw one on one at holy trinity Onitsha with green agbada and said elections will be option A4 or another person and voted for him ? Voted for falae in my year two in UNiIZIK ? Your father is the one I should be arguing with not you mumu small pikin

None of what you wrote here addressed what I posted earlier about your lies.

1. You might have voted for Abiola, however Abiola lost the South East , contrary to the lie you are propagating.
2. You might also have voted for Falae, but the South East voted against Falae in their numbers.

Lastly, I don't need to be dragging age with you. You don't write or even conduct yourself on nairaland as a mature and educated person. Your writing is poor for a graduate of UNIZIK. You lack the critical reasoning ability expected of a graduate. Lastly, you can't debate without throwing insults.

I wish you PEACE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by Rolings: 6:54am On Jun 13, 2023
leviaka:
PLEASE let PEACE REIGN

Whose fault? When igbos were taunting yorubas ....saying they will take over Lagos...calling Lagos no mans land (even though you keep denying it,it has stuck to some peoples brain as the truth ....just like igbos fathers that lost the war have lied to their offspring that Awolowo gave them only 2£ and it has stuck to their brains)

Who won the governorship election of kano in 1993?

NRC

Yes , the same NRC that was defeated in the presidential election

So what's the big deal.

PO won Lagos presidential votes
APC won the governorship

4 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by ednut1(m): 6:58am On Jun 13, 2023
Atiku won Tinubu in Osun, obasanjo won ojukwu in most south east states. Nothing happened because rhe supporters of both were not saying no mans land, we developed that state, the indigenes are lazy. Etc

2 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by XY23: 7:03am On Jun 13, 2023
Be deceiving yourself about the unimaginable low your tribe has descended to during the last elections. It is a seed sown against time. The worst of the bigotry is the general classification of all non-yorubas IBOS. Even the Hilda issue on twitter. Many other tribes are beginning to see the yoruba tribe for what its progenitors didn't intend for it to be. All because of politics. Dey play

Olabestonic001:

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by Neckpresser101: 7:17am On Jun 13, 2023
Rolings:

Whose fault? When igbos were taunting yorubas ....saying they will take over Lagos...calling Lagos no mans land (even though you keep denying it,it has stuck to some peoples brain as the truth ....just like igbos fathers that lost the war have lied to their offspring that Awolowo gave them only 2£ and it has stuck to their brains)

Who won the governorship election of kano in 1993?

NRC

Yes , the same NRC that was defeated in the presidential election

So what's the big deal.

PO won Lagos presidential votes
APC won the governorship

Shut up when did Igbos say they are taking over Lagos after presidential elections?

Slanderous people who thrive on lies and deceit
Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by tamdun: 7:22am On Jun 13, 2023
Yoruba people did not call kano a no man's land,Abiola never ridicule kano/hausa people,did not call them slaves,never claimed he developed kano etc,Osun State gov is half Igbo and osun people voted for him,yoruba people were against gbadebo because of the way he ridiculed us and the igbos were pushing him....

4 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by DMerciful(m): 7:22am On Jun 13, 2023
Yorubas always have excuses why they do the tribalism they do.
Olabestonic001:

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by Xbox2005(m): 7:23am On Jun 13, 2023
The truth is that this op was trying to be mischievous by comparing abiola with obi.the 1993 election was won based on the charisma and philanthropy of abiola while obi played on the religious division of the yorubas in Lagos by visiting most of the mega churches using the yoruba pastors to convince their members to vote for him as he were heard saying it was "religious war".it was letter down on the yorubas after the presidential electioned when the igbos started taunting the yorubas like "Lagos is no mansland,we will removed their governor even when he was one of the performing governor in nig.,we will remove their Kings,we own Lagos" e.t.c forgetting the fact that it's was not only igbos vote that gave him the victory.lets be honest with our selves do you think they can try this in kano ta dabo,I believe you know the answer to this.

3 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by GeneralPula: 7:26am On Jun 13, 2023
Olabestonic001:

You nailed it comrade..

Obi won lagos and they abandoned they fact that Yoruba also voted him! They took the chest beating to a whole form of another level! People wey con vote Obi con dey wonder why!

Abiola won kano in 1993..
Tinubu came 2nd in Kano in 2023..

You think if Yoruba had misyarn in 1993, tinubu would be able to see such votes?

5 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by Christistruth03: 7:34am On Jun 13, 2023
Was Kano disrespectfully declared a"No man's Land " because of it

No!

3 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by AfonjaScud: 7:40am On Jun 13, 2023
leviaka:
PLEASE let PEACE REIGN

Only a jobless element can waste precious time to write this worthless trash perhaps with gifted data

4 Likes

Re: MKO Defeated TOFA (kano Indigene) In Kano(1993) No Threat Was Issued In Kano by AfonjaScud: 7:48am On Jun 13, 2023
sreamsense:
Just keep deceiving yourself hiding under opportunity Yoruba gave to you because of their accommodative spirit. First of all, you are insulting yorubas by comparing Abiola with Obi. Obi is very stingy and does not have charisma while Abiola has the charisma and not stingy. Abiola was well loved across Nigeria because of his generosity while obi is mainly love in South east and courtesy of obasanjo/afenifere/Yoruba artist. Obi failure was very clear even before election took place while Abiola victory was cleared even before election started.

Threat in Lagos was overrated, as east was even worse with malpractice to extent of preventing opposition to vote. You were opportuned to grow up in Yoruba land but you failed to understand their history of unity. If there is war today, you will find your bearing pointing to direction of east by following The Young Shall Grow Motors despite you were brought up in Lagos as you claimed. All yorubas indirectly or directly came from Ife and grand children of same father; they do things together unlike south east where Abia doesn't employ Anambra, Imo doesn't employ Enugu and many more.

All yorubas are not non-indigenes to Lagos, it their ancestral place. You are only pained because you have never seen that kind of unity before where you came from. If you like call them non-indigenes till tomorrow, you are only deceiving yourselves, it doesn't change fact on ground. You can go and choose Ebonyi or Anambra and call it Igbo United Nations/city. Lagos indigenes never call you to come and fight for their right neither have you heard them telling you other yorubas to go to their states.

You are the only one suffering yourself silently due to bad belle. It is non of your problem which Yoruba state yorubas called their own. Yorubas in Togo, Benin and even Itsekiri i.e (Reno Omokri) has more right in Lagos than you. Know it and know peace. You will not dictate to them how they want to run their things. It is either you comply with what they want by staying on your lane or you move out.

You don't need to kill yourself over why Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti and Kwara are claiming Lagos as indigenes, it is non-of your problem; accept what your host want or move out if you are not happy. You can't teach sophisticated, enlighten and most educated people how to do their things. It is better you learn good things from them and go and replicate them in alaigbo or face what you come to do in Lagos. Don't because you are overfed in yoruba land to misbahave to your host to avoid trouble you always encounter in Ghana, South Africa, India and many more countries

Excellent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IMF: Nigeria’s Economic Growth To Slow / See What Will Happen After The Supreme Court Judgement. / The Battle Of Two Nigerian Billionaires: Dangote, Rabiu Lock Horns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.