Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,788 members, 7,930,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:12 AM

Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? (16898 Views)

Benue Cousins Insist On Marrying Each Other Despite Stiff Oppositions / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by infogenius(m): 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
Tpave:
Is it ideal for your wife to insist she knows your password as a husband because she wants to be checking your phone anytime she wishes?

A house wife read on the Internet how a married woman kept another lady outside for 7 years without the wife knowing and he also did not tell the lady he was married.

Some wives on the comment section threatened that they must start checking their husbands phone and he must give them the password.

Very inappropriate behavior. The moment a woman start monitoring her husband’s phone, the marriage is fast heading for the rocks simply because it is a trust less marriage.

Men should also stop checking their wives phones every now and then.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by kamez(m): 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2023
You are free to insist, but as long as u no fit beat me, I won't allow you near my phone...

Except na beat u wan beat me first
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Way4orward: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Not good
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Senator777: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
When she no crazy.

Nigbati oya where

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Majid238(m): 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
My wife as been doing this shit since last year period. undecided
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by libertyfather(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
Wetin don cause issue wella, me no care ooooo.password ko passkey ni
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by TsbAfrica: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
There is nothing wrong with it ... Unless you have something to hide. Only slimebacks will find it offensive. But it's absolutely a big sign of insecurities that will fester into something else

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by HayB100(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
Like seriously, if the trust is there, I don't see any issue in it, and more so, if you are to do such, make sure say nah person wey get home training, I once did it with an ex girlfriend wey the were dey go find wetin she no throway, na family group text messages the were dey go read, and no family wey dey perfect, every family get hin own wahala. So, if trust is there, you won't have anything whatsoever to hide from your partner ✌️💯❤️

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by otuword: 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
Evestar200:
Check What? Some people just want to die before their time.

You check, you do not check who wants to cheat will cheat.
my wife phone is always with m wife whenever am at home she knows my password I hav nothing hiding

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by moneyissweet(m): 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
She is cheating, she is just looking for something to judge her cheating.and irresponsible life

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by GboyegaD(m): 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Jorussia:
If i don't have any infidelity i am keeping away from her,why should i be afraid of her checking my phone?

Is it only infidelity that people see when they read through phones? How about information about friends/family that are very personal and is shared with just you?

For a cheating spouse, they can always find ways around that so checking of the phone or otherwise doesn't stop them.
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by otuword: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
wen u are faithful u hav nothing to fear my phone is always with my wife whenever am at home I don't hav time with phone wen am at home always busy. she knows my password that is nt a problem. back to Ur questions it depends on u.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Probz(m): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
No.
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Mimicle101: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
Tpave:
Is it ideal for your wife to insist she knows your password as a husband because she wants to be checking your phone anytime she wishes?

A house wife read on the Internet how a married woman kept another lady outside for 7 years without the wife knowing and he also did not tell the lady he was married.

Some wives on the comment section threatened that they must start checking their husbands phone and he must give them the password.

Anyone who will cheat will cheat weather phone is checked or not.

But for me.

I love my phone so much that I believe I I lose my phone you would have a hard time accessing it. And I also live security on my gadgets. So i love to lock up everything on my phone. But if my wife cares to have the codes I will gladly give her.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by otuword: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
HayB100:
Like seriously, if the trust is there, I don't see any issue in it, and more so, if you are to do such, make sure say nah person wey get home training, I once did it with an ex girlfriend wey the were dey go find wetin she no throway, na family group text messages the were dey go read, and no family wey dey perfect, every family get hin own wahala. So, if trust is there, you won't have anything whatsoever to hide from your partner ✌️💯
❤️
since hav been on nairaland u are the first person that have brain

wat u wrote is the perfect truth. I keep my family secrets from my wife no matter wat.hav learn my lesson wen we were dating.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Bar1941(m): 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
My wife checked mine one time and found some nasty chat between me and a lady friend, since then I password-protected my phone and she had been complaining. I told her to password her's too because normally I don't like checking her phone. I believe we still need a little privacy even though we are marry.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by jaxxy(m): 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Tpave:

That is the ideal situation and how it's supposed to be if people kept to their marriage vows.
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Kobicove(m): 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
What would even give your wife the efontery to ask to check your phone

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Rubyjade: 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
Nothing personal.. < note: pls read this with a very gentle and polite voice, that is how I would say this if I were to say this in person wink Because the voice we use to read makes a lot of difference in how we take the message >

why should we ask the whole world on NL about a problem we have a with a person whom we are living with.. it just takes a simple direct question and it should be done.. Just because we have communication access to the whole world, we probably are creating a communication gap with the people who we interact.. we see mom asking a question about her child and a child asking a question about his/ her parent.. I strongly feel.. When possible, any problem or confusion should be discussed with that very Same person.. only the second step should be asking others.. like friends or family or quora…

Chill.. and have a happy life

She might just be a very nosy person or maybe she doesn’t trust you. My fiance has a cell phone and keeps a journal and I never touch them. He occasionally uses my phone with my blessing but he never goes through it. I don’t think your wife going through your things is normal.

Change the password on your phone and don’t tell her what it is. If your journal is on a computer, password protect it too. Explain to her that she has no reason to distrust you and it bothers you a great deal to think she doesn’t trust you. You are entitled to some space, even within a marriage. See how she responds. She’s already invaded your privacy a great deal, so if there is nothing there for her to be upset by, she should accept your point of view when she understands how you feel. If not, then you’ll have to decide how you feel about that.
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by GboyegaD(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
HayB100:
Like seriously, if the trust is there, I don't see any issue in it, and more so, if you are to do such, make sure say nah person wey get home training, I once did it with an ex girlfriend wey the were dey go find wetin she no throway, na family group text messages the were dey go read, and no family wey dey perfect, every family get hin own wahala. So, if trust is there, you won't have anything whatsoever to hide from your partner ✌️💯❤️

You see why a spouse shouldn't be snooping. My wife has access to my phone but not to the point of trying to go snoop and vice versa. There are many other more sensitive information than cheating that lies in our phones.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by BabaCommander: 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
theophorus:
I no get password for phone and sincerely my wife no dey take my phone except say to make call if she no wan use her own.

Her phone dey use Pin cos of the kids, na me even put the codes self.

I gat nothing to hide and she self no get anything to hide.
This heartening to hear. I don't understand this kind of question and these comments are deeply disturbing. My wife even have all my bank apps password written down and I personally update list anytime I changes a password. What's the big deal about a phone password? Only a dysfunctional homes sees issues here

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by erai30(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
CHECKERS CLUB OF NIGERIA, WELL DONE OO grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Kobicove(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
hewayam:
Everyone is welcome to join my new Telegram group for a full comprehensive two days tutorial on Neteller and Binance Arbitrage where u will be able to make 10k from $100 due to increase in dollar rate. You just need two accounts. Either Neteller and Binance. So if u have any of these two accounts or u are ready to open any of the accounts u don't have, then chat me up so u can be added to the new group. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TWO DAYS TUTORIAL IS COMPLETELY FREE SO NOBODY SHOULD CHAT ME UP ASKING FOR THE PRICE COS I'M NOT CHARGING FOR WHAT I LEARNT FREE

Just chat me up directly on WhatsApp. Don't quote me with your contact I won't, My WhatsApp contact is +23470 3 97 4 0238

Stop posting this rubbish all over the place, we're not interested!
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Mimicle101: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
LordIsaac:
I think it has to do with how you begin with a woman. Your authority as her head must never be in contention else, you are gone. The Biblical Sarah called her husband Lord...never marry a woman that does not see you as her Lord.

You are very correct on these.

And I confess that I learnt these the hard way.

The more reason my marriage is in crisis.

Last Sunday my wife called police on me and said I was following her about.

Just because I wanted to know where she was staying with my son. After she moved out from my house.

Like eh! The cross is too heavy! Wished I never carried the cross In the first place. Now it's too late as I cherish the cross that am not able to let go even though the cross it's killing me.
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by blaise26abj(m): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
I don’t see a problem with it . If you want to be checking , go ahead . That kind of life is enough punishment . Lack of trust in a partner is a terrible way to live . Just communicate your deal breakers well to a suspected spouse and have peace . My honest opinion .

You cannot live your life based on someone’s indiscretions .

I think your spouse should have access to your phone and know your investments sha in case something happens , if not because of your spouse consider your children and their welfare if the unthinkable happens . Or Atleast have a will ( not a regular with Nigerians )
Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by Jorussia(m): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
GboyegaD:

Is it only infidelity that people see when they read through phones? How about information about friends/family that are very personal and is shared with just you?

For a cheating spouse, they can always find ways around that so checking of the phone or otherwise doesn't stop them.
Epa wetin come dey my family/friends when my wife nor go know?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? by maasoap(m): 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
Tpave:

I'm sure that you meant to type MAN. Make correction to avoid confusion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should A Man Stop His Wife From Wearing Trousers After Marriage? / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! / A Belgian Discovers His Wife Used To Be A Man After 19 Years!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.