Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,654 members, 7,944,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

How Do I Optimize For The Search Engines? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Optimize For The Search Engines? (550 Views)

How To Optimize Wordpress Page Speed And Load Time / List Of Top Search Engines In The World / 5 Elements To Optimize For SEO Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Optimize For The Search Engines? by seoexperts(m): 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2011
Search engine optimization begins even before designing your site. It starts by selecting a very narrow and focused topic for your site, and choosing the right domain name. You must then select the right keywords for each of your individual pages (keywords, or search terms, are what you expect search engine users will type in the search box to find a page like yours).

After that, site design can begin and, with it, web page optimization. Web page optimization involves optimizing page copy for your selected keywords and making your web page design friendly to search engines. This usually translates into using your keywords several times in your web page copy, and building a site that offers good navigation, a straightforward architecture, plenty of text, and easy access to all the site's pages by following links from the most important pages.

The third step, the most difficult and time consuming, involves getting inbound links from quality sites related to your topic, with your keywords in the anchor text. It is virtually impossible to rank high in the most important search engines without a wide array of quality inbound links. Until now, reciprocal linking has been a common way to get inbound links. Search engines, though, tend to favor one-way links developed naturally (over time) coming from many different sources.
Re: How Do I Optimize For The Search Engines? by mumbasa: 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2011
get an ebook on seo from http://prisec.com.ng/S.E.O.htm
Re: How Do I Optimize For The Search Engines? by yawatide(f): 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2011
Also include the following, among others:
1) Optimize your META title, keywords and description
2) Ensure your HTML is clean
3) Images should have alt tags
4) Minimize use of flash
5) Don't use splash pages
6) Article submissions, with links to your site.

(1) (Reply)

Website For Everyone In Nigeria / Please Can Sumone Help Me.i Want To Purchase A Theme,i Need Paypal. / Urgent Need For Web Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.