Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,935 members, 7,873,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Gov Diri Leads Bayelsa Nass Members, Pdp Leaders Others To Honour Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Diri Leads Bayelsa Nass Members, Pdp Leaders Others To Honour Dickson (402 Views)

Osinbajo Wins Hearts Of Royal Fathers, Politicians, Business Leaders, & Others / Ninth House Of Reps status: APC Has 211 Members, PDP 111- Punch newspaper / Jailing Of Looters: Start With APC Members" - PDP, Obasanjo's Group Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov Diri Leads Bayelsa Nass Members, Pdp Leaders Others To Honour Dickson by ogugwa1992: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
•••AS IJAW NATION MOURNS TEN KILLED IN ROAD ACCIDENTS

The Governor of Bayelsa State on Tuesday led a high-powered delegation of Federal lawmakers from the state, party leaders and others to felicitate with former Governor Henry Seriake Dickson after his swearing in as a second term Senator.

Diri who described Dickson as their political leader and father said that it was important to ensure that emphasis is placed on experience in the choice of candidates for the National Assembly.

The Governor said that Bayelsa is lucky to have Senator Dickson who he described as a grade A Senator in the National Assembly.

“We give thanks to God, we have three Senators, we have one Senator (Senator Dickson) who is among the grade A, ranking senators.

“We insist that the parliament is a different place where the old wine should continue, because it will pay us better. In the Senate or House of Reps, it is an advantage to have representatives who are ranking.”

However, the Governor and his host, Senator Dickson and indeed top personalities were saddened by the death of ten illustrious Ijaw sons and daughters in two fatal accidents on Sunday.

The sad incidents affected the arrangement to celebrate the inauguration of the lawmakers in recognition of the mourning mood of the Ijaw nation.

A prominent Musician, Barr Smooth lost six members of his band while on a journey to Abuja to entertain at a swearing in reception for lawmakers on Sunday.

A similar unfortunate accident along the Kwale-Asaba highway in Delta State claimed four supporters of the Bayelsa Queens Football Club.

The new federal lawmakers are H.E Senator Henry Seriake Dickson, Senator Konbowei Benson, Senator Benson Agadaga, Hon. Fred Agbedi, Hon.(Mrs.) Marie Ebikake, Hon. Mitema Obodor, Hon. Oboku Oforji, and Hon. Rodney Ambaiowei.

Re: Gov Diri Leads Bayelsa Nass Members, Pdp Leaders Others To Honour Dickson by nairavsdollars(f): 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
How Dickson displaced GEJ as godfather of Bayelsa politics really surprises me
Re: Gov Diri Leads Bayelsa Nass Members, Pdp Leaders Others To Honour Dickson by SweetVibe: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
nairavsdollars:
How Dickson displaced GEJ as godfather of Bayelsa politics really surprises me
Because Jonathan is a weakling, hope you have found the answer.

(1) (Reply)

Wike Won & Mocks Atiku Again For A Fresh Position / How Oba’s Star Witness Demolished Umo Eno’s Defence At Tribunal / Okowa Begging Me To Withdraw My Petition With EFCC, But I Won’t Budge – Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.