Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,664 members, 7,945,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Gaming Handheld PCs Taking Over: A brief Introduction(GPD WIN MAX 2 & AOKZOE A1) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming Handheld PCs Taking Over: A brief Introduction(GPD WIN MAX 2 & AOKZOE A1) (211 Views)

I Need Valve Steam Deck Handheld Console / Sony's Playstation: A Brief History / Which Handheld Game Console Can I Get For 15k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gaming Handheld PCs Taking Over: A brief Introduction(GPD WIN MAX 2 & AOKZOE A1) by omotolsy(m): 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLzYcrCZn_U

Now as the name implies:
Handheld Gaming PC

This simply means a pc you hold in your hands which has the ability to play games!

Now this video isn't going to be straight to the point, permit me to do a little educating, I believe not everyone watching this review video has a full understanding of how this work.

Now the first confusion some of you could be having is: How can a device this small have the ability to play games, well technology has caught up with a lot of things, while i was growing up I had several types of handhelds like the Gameboy, Nintendo ds, Sega Drive, PSP and most recently the Nintendo switch. Those were strictly gaming handheld consoles but now we are able to run full native windows on these handhelds.

Which brings me back to the question: How has this been possible, its simple:

NOW BEFORE WE GO ON, CAN YOU SUPPORT THE CHANNEL BY SUBSCRIBING, LIKEING AND SHARING SO OTHERS CAN GET TO SEE THESE CONTENTS? THAT WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Technology has really advanced, we can now make the computer smaller such that it fits into smaller hardware. The integrated GPUS are now well improved. The healthy competition between the chip giants: Intel and AMD has favored all in one way or the other and currently we have AMD surpassing, that is why you see most of the Handhelds using AMD chips.

now to the main content of the day.

We would be having to examples and this is a disclaimer: This review isn't sponsored by either AMD,GPD or AOKZOE. I bought these units myself.

on the left we have the GPD WIN MAX 2 with the same specs with the AOKZOE on the Right

These two handhelds are designed differently:

the GPD has the traditional laptop form factor with keyboard and mouse trackpads also integrating the handheld features which are the triggers, keys and analog sticks while the AOKZOE is a typical gaming handheld. Now both of these device run windows natively which makes them better than the Steam deck, for me the steam deck is a handheld gaming device not a handheld gaming pc even thought the deck can still run windows it isn't well optimized for that.

on these devices you do not need to stay plugged in to get the best performance on games like you would need to on a dedicated gaming laptop with dedicated gpu. The handhelds gives you what i call mobility performance and some kind of private time.

One down side to the handheld gaming pc is that they are usually pricey.
The Win max 2 is currently on sale for $1349 on Amazon while the AOKZOE is currently on sale for $1399.

The rog ally might be cheaper but I am sure its physical ruggedness cant be as that of these guys due to their experience. The steam deck is another cheap alternate if your on a budget.

so guys, which form factor do you prefer? The GPD Win Max 2 or the AOKZOE A1?

Share your thoughts in the comment section.

Thank you and see you in the next video.

Bye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLzYcrCZn_U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gaming Handheld PCs Taking Over: A brief Introduction(GPD WIN MAX 2 & AOKZOE A1) by Crafteck1: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
Self deception

(1) (Reply)

[Deleted / Nintendo Game Installation / How To Fix [pii_email_cb926d7a93773fcbba16]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.