Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:19 AM

2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba (381 Views)

Tinubu’s Govt Toughest In Nigeria’s History — Agbakoba / Sheikh Gummi: 'The last elections worst ever to be conducted in the country' / Buhari’s Govt, Worst In Nigeria’s History – Agbakoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by nairavsdollars(f): 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
A former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Chief Olisa Agbakoba, SAN has called on President Bola Tinubu to urgently dismantle the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), saying massive reforms are needed in our electoral system.

In a tweet on Thursday, Agbakoba who lauded Tinubu for removing fuel subsidy and suspending the former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele and Abdulrasheed Bawa, the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) said the same measure should be extended to INEC chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu.

He tweeted "Full congratulations go to President Tinubu
@officialABAT
for getting rid of Emefiele, Bawa, fuel subsidy, and forex corruption. Endemic corruption has suffered a massive blow".

"Next, it is for the president to dismantle INEC
@inecnigeria
. Everyone will agree that logistically, the 2023 elections are the worst in our history. I do not refer to the merits of the election results. Many results are disputed and are in tribunals. Both petitioners and respondents suffered at the hands of an incompetent INEC".

"As we await rulings from the courts, massive reforms of the electoral framework ought to begin. However, this means that the INEC Chairman will have to leave office by resignation or removal; otherwise, the reform task will be impeded".

"I quickly add that the suggested reforms have nothing to do with the merits of the election results at all. Both winners and losers of the elections were victims of the failure of INEC.

Confidence in Nigeria's democracy will be enhanced by a deep cleansing of INEC".

https://worldviewafrica.com/2023-elections-worst-in-nigerias-history-agbakoba/

Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
Only fuuls can deny that. Now they have resorted to "let's move ON Tinubu is working"
They don't understand the rule of JUSTICE.

I can't condemn Tinubu steps so far but remembering Buhari initial gra gra makes me doubt if he will deliver at the long run. I do not celebrate any initial gra gra in my life. NEVER.

Only on the long run we will know w
Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by bennybuhari: 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2023
I agree. Fraudster Yakubu must go!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by Xscape1993(m): 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
We all know this ooo... what will be will surely be....

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
Tinubu would suspend every body except Inec chairman.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by bennybuhari: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
I don't think so. Tinubu has his candidate for the post
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Tinubu would suspend every body except Inec chairman.
Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by DeadCountry: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
And this educated illiterate called agbakoba is looking towards 2027 election when he and the other slowpoke Igbos will bring out the foolish one in Anambra called soludo as their presidential candidate. Useful idiot Igbos. Biafra is your only solution, yet your little brains can't comprehend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by Racoon(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
This is an undeniable fact but the mandate criminal who a direct beneficiary of the criminal shenanigans of INEC is not expected to make any beneficial electoral reforms.
Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by dedonfranco(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
If Atiku or Peter obi has won......He willnt say it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by Racoon(m): 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2023
iammo:
Honestly we don't want SouthEast contesting any election anymore.Less logical more sentimental. Nsogbu Nsogbu politics is not welcomed
May you be delivered from this foolishness. South East have not been @ the centre for more than 56 years of our national life, how have Nigeria fared?
Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by iammo(m): 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
Racoon:
May you be delivered from this foolishness.

Look who is talking about foolishness

I read your post and wonder if an old man like you don't have a family to check you into a rehab... A grown man without sense that actually witnessed 1993 election in Ibadan

Dunce
Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by DeadCountry: 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2023
Racoon:
May you be delivered from this foolishness. South East have not been @ the centre for more than 56 years of our national life, how have Nigeria fared?
Yet you foolish and idiotic Igbos that sold our people into participating in the last zoo election are still hoping for the same zoo 2027 election to be at the center. Umu ewu!! Are you not daft and dumb?
Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by OldBeer: 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
Only a senseless goat that didn't witness the elections conducted by Maurice Iwu would say this.
But what do I expect from an elderly obidunce?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections, Worst In Nigeria's History - Agbakoba by Iceberg3: 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
OldBeer:
Only a senseless goat like me that didn't witness the elections conducted by Maurice Iwu would say this.
But what do I expect from an elderly obidunce?

(1) (Reply)

Appoint Igbos Into Key Positions – Ohanaeze Chieftain Tells Tinubu / Horror In The Nigerian Aviation Industry part 1 / Tinubu Will Fail If He Doesn't Learn From Buhari's Ministers - See Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.