Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,234 members, 7,950,281 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 (37743 Views)

What Happened To Me After Church Today / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (all Songs/tracks) / DOWNLOAD: Simi – Simisola [full Album] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by sheriffindy(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
You mean her mosquito voice?
talented321:
My crush that year, with her sweet voice. Life no balance i swear

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by lascos912(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
brain54:

Help me ask OP…

What happened to 2face!
what happened to koker or kokar,what happened to aramide,what happened to Danny young,what happened to slim case, what happened to eva
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Angelfrost(m): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Well, no one can sing forever or keep making good music consistently forever!

Simi has delved into other areas of her life pursuits!
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Freshtruth(m): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ebus12:
Where Is the Simi of 2014-2019?

When I asked a similar question about a year ago, a certain lady did not only stop at countering, insulting, and calling me all sorts of unprintable names; she also badgered into my DM and called me a "male witch", for airing an observation. Well, I’m sure her conscience should have given her a hint as to who the real witch is now. Me, who observed and didn’t hide my fears about an artist’s decline, or her, a fake fan, who is more interested in giveaways than helping Simi redress her falling career.

Oh yes, even if we are all afraid to spit this raw truth out, we all know that the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne are probably chilling off somewhere around a hotel in Zonkwa, Kaduna State.

If we will be honest, we will confess that the Simi that gave us hits on a back-to-back basis is probably in national exile and, hopefully, might only return together with DJ Switch when the federal government grants Switch amnesty. If we are true music fans, we must have missed that charming Simi-Falz combo, whose only comparison is a scrumptious rice and gbegiri combo prepared by a 49-year-old Urhobo woman.

That Simi was always anticipated.

That Simi that these new generational Tems and Ayrra Starr can’t match.

That Simi gave Tiwa Savage and Yemi Alade a run for their money.

That Simi, whose songs were relatable and whose videos were educative,

That extra-ordinary, super-talented, and extremely creative Simi

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER HER MARRIAGE TO ADEKUNLE?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER THE BIRTH OF DEJA?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SIMI AFTER DUDUKE?

The present Simi is a complete shadow of herself. This present Simi, who used to be a hitmaker, is now more of a noisemaker and troublemaker, fighting innocent male fans on Twitter over women's rights and whatnot.

The present Simi, who was an exceptional songstress, has now been reduced—or rather, she has now reduced herself—to an in-house songwriter for her husband, Adekunle Gold.

Her songs, which were topping charts and getting over all airplay, are now hardly played in Calabar beer parlors.

The Simi that many once rated equal to or sometimes above Tiwa Savage is now scarily present in any music conversation.

The Simi that could effortlessly bag seven mega hits in a year is struggling for one average hit since "Duduke."

The energetic Simi we all knew and loved now sings as if she is entertaining only demotivated refugees seeking asylum in Guinea-Bissau.

What has happened to the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne?

See as u carry person personal life for head na was for some people sha is she complaining or begging for food? Or did they told u she is competing wit tiwa or yemi alade? Mind ur business

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Are you talking about the same SIMI that has just released a new song ? Take a listen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07OVSaj_VrI&ab_channel=SimiVEVO

Ebus12:

When I asked a similar question about a year ago, a certain lady did not only stop at countering, insulting, and calling me all sorts of unprintable names; she also badgered into my DM and called me a "male witch", for airing an observation. Well, I’m sure her conscience should have given her a hint as to who the real witch is now. Me, who observed and didn’t hide my fears about an artist’s decline, or her, a fake fan, who is more interested in giveaways than helping Simi redress her falling career.

Oh yes, even if we are all afraid to spit this raw truth out, we all know that the Simi of Simisola and Omo Charlie Champagne are probably chilling off somewhere around a hotel in Zonkwa, Kaduna State.

If we will be honest, we will confess that the Simi that gave us hits on a back-to-back basis is probably in national exile and, hopefully, might only return together with DJ Switch when the federal government grants Switch amnesty. If we are true music fans, we must have missed that charming Simi-Falz combo, whose only comparison is a scrumptious rice and gbegiri combo prepared by a 49-year-old Urhobo woman.

The present Simi is a complete shadow of herself. This present Simi, who used to be a hitmaker, is now more of a noisemaker and troublemaker, fighting innocent male fans on Twitter over women's rights and whatnot.

The present Simi, who was an exceptional songstress, has now been reduced—or rather, she has now reduced herself—to an in-house songwriter for her husband, Adekunle Gold.

Her songs, which were topping charts and getting over all airplay, are now hardly played in Calabar beer parlors.

The Simi that many once rated equal to or sometimes above Tiwa Savage is now scarily present in any music conversation.

The Simi that could effortlessly bag seven mega hits in a year is struggling for one average hit since "Duduke."

The energetic Simi we all knew and loved now sings as if she is entertaining only demotivated refugees seeking asylum in Guinea-Bissau.

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Henry22(m): 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2023
Am not too sure but op are you sure she's not into some kind of hard substances?, Ofcouse I won't be surprised if I see a video of her smoking any moment from now cos from her looks of recent I don't think she's far from that life style.....

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by djon78(m): 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ebus12:

Marriage and too much money happened to her

It watered down her creativity

Before marriage and fame she was hungry for more
Deep desire to succeed

Marriage and fame killed that inner desire and fire of creativity

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by mariahAngel(f): 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
Weedhustler:
Life na turn by turn...her time don pass

Her time no fit pass lailai!

Whose voice can be compared with Simi's in the Nigerian music industry?
Her voice is in a class of its own; so harmonious, so melodious.
Simi is simply a nightingale.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by CJStarz: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
Watching her on Nigerian Idol last night,I noticed the same thing. She seems a shadow of herself now.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Revolva(m): 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2023
She is still making her moulah ...de there de worry about her...she no send u self
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by ayokellany: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
When you join Obidaftis you lose your brain

Ebus12:
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Exceed15: 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
Life is season by season.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by tonytony208(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ebus12:

When did she release duduke?
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
I made mention of same thing about her beloved husband too days ago, I doubt if Adekunle can sit down and listen to some of YBNL days songs, a lot of things will be playing in his mind while hearing those tracks.

Anyway, we all evolve..
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Shimbo96(m): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2023
kernniejay:
I quite agree with you. I was surprised when I read some days back that Simi was not allowed into Immigration Office because of indecent dressing, I was like is this the Simi that I once knew to be a cool and decent "girl"?
Well, the popular saying that your true colour will not be revealed until you have money, fame or power is a valid statement.

So you knew Simi to be decent, bro go and start from the beginning.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by karkinase(m): 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
talented321:
My crush that year, with her sweet voice. Life no balance i swear
Uve a bad taste in women if you can crush on Simi ..😒

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by phemmyfour: 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
kernniejay:
I quite agree with you. I was surprised when I read some days back that Simi was not allowed into Immigration Office because of indecent dressing, I was like is this the Simi that I once knew to be a cool and decent "girl"?
Well, the popular saying that your true colour will not be revealed until you have money, fame or power is a valid statement.
When money and fame comes

It reveals true character
Tendency to be lazy and indiscipline is on the high

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Deloe: 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
I must say you fail to critically rationalize your claim, truly an artist have to evolve as they grow with time and I bet that goes same for simi (Some evolvement can be an improvement positively while some might be to match up with modern trends) which may sometimes not suit some of their fans which am very sure you fall into that category. No artist ever stay the same way from start to finish. If you had done some reviews of her past works in comparison to her latest efforts it would have been easier to understand your grouse with her music. But the bottomline is that artist evolve as they grow older in their quest to either keep up with their age and level or meet up with modern trends.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Padipadi: 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
4KNGOATS:

The fkn bitch has lost her voice due to too much gbola
Let's assume you are a kid so you can types any gibberish, wetin come happen to the op called Ebus12?
Two of you are on cheap colos.
Ebus12, what have you achieved from 2014-2019. See as you write the year like say na era of birth and death.
Even Tiwa Savage couldn't release back to back hits sometime ago and she's still struggling to be like before.
Humanbeans like you have written about Olamide and others as if their career is dead. Simi's husband Dekunle Gold was out of radar for a while and came back with bangers since 2021. If you say Simi has been writing for Adekunle Gold, no problem. Ger husband ll reciprocate too very soon and Simi ll dish out bangers. What noisemakers like you fail to understand is that creative people can't go down. They ll give you sweet songs when you expect less from them. Watch out for Simi. And she ll indeed remind of of the trash post you wrote about her
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by eepeepook: 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
One cannot stay a champion for too long in a competitive market. Face your business, OP. Why aren’t you dragging wealth with Dangote?
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by deavicky(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ebus12:

just wait till u give birth then u will understand the sacrifice your parents had made.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Streetmovement(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Music consist of 3 element; Branding, originality and Trends, if you can't keep the 3 or at least two working all together,I'm afraid you'll be relegated sooner or later.

In Simi's case I think she's still got it but due to the current trend/Branding in the music industry the market no dey favour her again, I also feel like family concerns too are also the problem, compared to what Tems and ayra Starr are on now they will bench Simi even though she's an OG. Take a look at tiwa savage, do you know why she's still relevant compared to Simi? It's Branding, Following trends....that's what is keeping her.

Let me give you an instance, if wizkid, burna boy or Davido wey still on the typa music they was on when the first emerge, you think say them for smell Grammy or even things like bet award, topping charts or even selling out stadiums. As time dey go naxo music dey evolve if you sef as artist no follow evolve you will be left behind.

Las las if you wan last, be consistent, build a brand around your music, keep being original, and do yourself a favour to make sure your music doesn't lack the current trend surrounding the music industry.

Note that, they are what we call seasonal musicians and the ones you keep hearing everyday.

Las las she don make her money from music so nothing spoil, this thing wey you just analyse he dey happen to every career, no be only music.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Oakenshield: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ebus12:

A terrible judge on Nigeria Idols

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Officialenny1: 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
That's the price she get for being rude and arrogant ...
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by kernniejay(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
Shimbo96:

So you knew Simi to be decent, bro go and start from the beginning.
Even if she was not decent enough back then, at least she was not as indecent as she is now.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by schoolboymatt(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
simi don turn slay queen...
u no see AG baby cheesy
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Brownshoe: 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2023
That's what a married woman dose when they want to fuvc another dlxck, not only her, is very rampant now.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by ShaqFu: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2023
Choi. OP I understand you Sha. I felt the same way then I told myself it's not my business.

Anytime I want to remember that Simi, I play her old songs and listen to it and forget this aberration we see and hear today.

Joromi is more times than not, always on repeat when I want to listen to her sing.
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by 4KNGOATS(m): 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2023
Padipadi:
Let's assume you are a kid so you can types any gibberish, wetin come happen to the op called Ebus12?
Two of you are on cheap colos.
Ebus12, what have you achieved from 2014-2019. See as you write the year like say na era of birth and death.
Even Tiwa Savage couldn't release back to back hits sometime ago and she's still struggling to be like before.
Humanbeans like you have written about Olamide and others as if their career is dead. Simi's husband Dekunle Gold was out of radar for a while and came back with bangers since 2021. If you say Simi has been writing for Adekunle Gold, no problem. Ger husband ll reciprocate too very soon and Simi ll dish out bangers. What noisemakers like you fail to understand is that creative people can't go down. They ll give you sweet songs when you expect less from them. Watch out for Simi. And she ll indeed remind of of the trash post you wrote about her
Na huch mumu dey Yan dis Yan? It's obviously not a human being Na big gorilla b dis one
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by Padipadi: 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Na huch mumu dey Yan dis Yan? It's obviously not a human being Na big gorilla b dis one
Receive sense dz week. 🧠
Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by samuelson06(m): 6:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
kernniejay:

It has always been valid. You can't say someone is good when you've not exposed them to money. Certain attitudes and character is simply because of poverty. Give them money and they will show you the real stuff they are made of.

1 Like

Re: What Has Happened To The Simi Of 2014-2019 by isabi2lof: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
You don chop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube / 10 Legendary Musicians Who Never Learned How To Read Music / BET Awards 2019 Winners (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.