Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,670 members, 7,914,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:57 AM

How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? (586 Views)

Reno Omokri: Osinbajo Has Food Soldiers, Tinubu Has Foot Soldiers / Protest Against Electricity, Fuel Price Increment, Anti-People Policy In Lagos / Has PMS Pump Price Been Adjusted In Your Location? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by jumper524(m): 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
I was in the market today and was expecting price increment in commodities but the reverse was the case. Prior to now, we've been facing daily increment in price of multiple commodities without any provocation or at the slightest of provocation but today I saw something different.
That overconfident nature most Marketers developed prior to know was not there.
It seems the buyers are now being respected as king.
More like they face a new phase of competition they weren't facing before.

How has president Tinubu made this possible cos I expected the price of food stuffs to sky rocket but have beenstable Instead.

Does this has to do with the reopening of border?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by Obidient4Tinubu(f): 9:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
Good question.

1 Like

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by Adexgentle005(m): 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2023
It has to do with reopening the border
Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by joyandfaith: 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2023
jumper524:
I was in the market today and was expecting price increment in commodities but the reverse was the case. Prior to now, we've been facing daily increment in price of multiple commodities without any provocation or at the slightest of provocation but today I saw something different.
That overconfident nature most Marketers developed prior to know was not there.
It seems the buyers are now being respected as king.
More like they face a new phase of competition they weren't facing before.

How has president Tinubu made this possible cos I expected the price of food stuffs to sky rocket but have beenstable Instead.

Does this has to do with the reopening of border?
1. Price of food commodities always fluctuate based on the season.
2. Prices of some commodities are exploitative. Prices were increased due to cashless policy and prolonged fuel scarcity from nov last year till March. They did not reduce prices when things normalize.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by Svoboda(m): 9:44pm On Jun 15, 2023
Among other things, a lot of long distance haulage of food items is done by trucks running on diesel, so the impact of subsidy will be minimal..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by VeryWickedMan: 9:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
Thanks for drawing our attention to this.
It will go up next week.

4 Likes

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by incandescentena: 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2023
Raining season are here.

Go and stock food stuffs now, because after this season, the next is price over the roof

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by ZUKKYY(m): 9:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
Is normal in raining season. Please which of the border is OPEN? ONLY NORTHERN BORDER I KNOW IS OPEN FOR fulanis bandits
Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by Jorussia(m): 9:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
We overestimated the short term pains the subsidy removal would cause us as a nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by seborrhic: 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
It has to do with consumers price "resistance" due to reduced purchasing power.
Simply there is a point you continue to increase price you won't get buyers for your products or services, especially when purchasing power has not improved.
I was telling one oponu the same thing in a thread days ago when he opened his little brain to predict that prices of food items would shoot through the roof due to fuel subsidy removal;that yes there might be increase,but it maybe minimal because for some of the perishable food items in particular,if you increase price to where you won't get buyers or reduced buyers,you may end up having those agricultural produce get spoilt in your storage.
Same I said about transport cost,yes it would increase,but with ideas on saving transport cost soon to crop up, commercial transporters may not increase transport cost commisserate with the increased fuel cost,despite fuel being the major cost they incur.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by inoki247: 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
What people don't know we use more of Diesel in Production and Logistics.....

If Diesel carry reverse go like 100naira per Liter we will feel the effects more than if Petrol is at 100naira Per liter and Diesel is at 650 per liter.....

2 Likes

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by HopeSpencer: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Thanks for drawing our attention to this.
It will go up next week.

I have been noticing your comments and concluded that you are a very wicked man.

Thunder fired refree dead on football field and you called it over 500 odds.

1 Like

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by seborrhic: 9:51pm On Jun 15, 2023
incandescentena:
Raining season are here
So in rainy season,transport cost reduce or fuel is cheaper?
Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by id4sho(m): 9:51pm On Jun 15, 2023
Rice and maize has increased down north
Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by jumper524(m): 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
Jorussia:
We overestimated the short term pains the subsidy removal would cause us as a nation.
a strong point.
Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by incandescentena: 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
seborrhic:
So in rainy season,transport cost reduce or fuel is cheaper?
Both. Production is higher
Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by Dotherightthing: 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
Svoboda:
Among other things, a lot of long distance haulage of food items is done by trucks running on diesel, so the impact of subsidy will be minimal..

Here comes the answer

And diesel is even getting cheaper embarassed

5 Likes

Re: How Has Food Price Been Stable Despite Fuel Price Increment? by WorldRichest: 11:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Thanks for drawing our attention to

It will go up next week.

I have passed your message and address to Thunder, just stay in one place so that you will not confuse the gods.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Will Fix Nigeria – Tinubu / Enugu State Set To Launch Distress Response Squad (DRS) / Senate Majority Leader: IPOB Was Responsible For Electoral Violence In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.