Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,020 members, 7,987,667 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:10 PM

My Concerns About The Students' Loan Act - Ejiogu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Concerns About The Students' Loan Act - Ejiogu (156 Views)

FG Postpones Students Loan Indefinitely / We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu / Pascal Ikenna Ejiogu Turns Black Panther In Campaign Billboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Concerns About The Students' Loan Act - Ejiogu by Rosana13: 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
Since the signing into law of the Students' Loan Bill, Nigerians have been crying foul over the inaccessibility of the loan due to eligibility criteria.

One of such voices come from a Facebook user who goes by name: Vitus Ejiogu. He described the Students' Loan as one that is highly inaccessible and not meant for anyone.

The Students' Loan Act was introduced by the Federal Government of Nigeria with the aim of transforming the education landscape. While the announcement was met with enthusiasm by some people, concerns were also raised by individuals who believe there may be underlying political motives behind this decision.

Clarifying his stance, this concerned individual (Vitus Ejiogu) emphasizes that he is not anti-government but harbour reservations about the implications of the Students' Loan Act. He asserts that this programme might serve as a means to gradually eliminate education subsidies without causing significant public outrage.

The Students' Loan Act, which has been touted as a measure to improve access to higher education, raises important questions about the future of subsidized education in Nigeria. As the government initiates this loan scheme, the concern arises that it could signal a shift towards a model where students are burdened with substantial debts upon graduation, potentially hindering their post-education prospects.

While the government's intentions to enhance educational opportunities for aspiring students are commendable, critics argue that the loan system may disproportionately impact the underprivileged. They fear that those from low-income backgrounds may be deterred from pursuing higher education due to the stringent measures associated with obtaining the loans.

Read the original here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid026KuU98GyuhF8d9WF2WRypYchYcbnAXrk7coEox9ywxvCeUTakpb4ZMGkbsEqFVKDl&id=100089980566769&mibextid=Nif5oz
Re: My Concerns About The Students' Loan Act - Ejiogu by Maize247(f): 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2023
Why should Nigeria own be different, there is student loan in most of the countries. I think it's a good idea and we appreciate the good gesture of the government. It's not compustry to borrow if you are not comfortable with terms and conditions.
Re: My Concerns About The Students' Loan Act - Ejiogu by Rosana13: 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
Maize247:
Why should Nigeria own be different, there is student loan in most of the countries. I think it's a good idea and we appreciate the good gesture of the government. It's not compustry to borrow if you are not comfortable with terms and conditions.

Thank God you are comfortable, but there are those who cannot cope without outside help. The point being made is this: why do you make a promise with stringent measures when you know that the people need that promise of yours to survive?

(1) (Reply)

Financial System Rotten Under Emefiele - President Tinubu / Don't Worry, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To 700 - IPMAN / First Batch Of Foreign Scholarship Students To Depart In September – Kano Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.