Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,917 members, 7,890,036 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:04 AM

Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” (346 Views)

I Can’t Verify My BVN On This Npower Portal, What Can I Do Please / “I Can’t Leave My Man,let Him F**k Your P**sy,the Sweetest Wins” – Lady Says / Secure Yourself, Govt Can’t Do It Alone —ADS Lagos State Missioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” by KingOfTheDamned: 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Lying in bed for two months with a broken neck, 18-year-old Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite made a list of 10 goals. These were audacious dreams even for a boy raised on the soccer mania of Brazil – especially one who had needed a medical program to spur his stunted growth and who was yet to crack the starting lineup of the junior squad of São Paulo Football Club. The list began with “Return to soccer” and scaled upward to finish with “Compete in the World Cup” and “Transfer to a big club in Italy or Germany.”

Re: Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” by KingOfTheDamned: 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
In January 2001 about two weeks after returning to soccer he was called up to São Paulo’s professional team. Brazil had met Kaká. (The nickname, pronounced Ka-kah’, came when his older brother couldn’t pronounce his name.) He claimed his starting spot for São Paulo and within two years could cross off the entire list of goals, including playing for Brazil’s 2002 World Cup champions. By 2007 Kaká stood at the apex of world soccer, sweeping its highest individual honors: the FIFPro World Player of the Year, the Ballon d’Or for best in the world and the FIFA World Player of the Year.

“It may seem that I have everything,” he says. “Due to my wealth and fame, some people ask why or if I still need Jesus. The answer is simple: I need Jesus every day of my life. His Word, the Bible, tells me that without Him, I can’t do anything. I really believe that. The ability I have to play football and all that has resulted from it are gifts from God. He has given me a talent to use for Him, and I try to improve on it every day.”

Kaká’s star shot into the stratosphere in soccer-mad Brazil following his breakout game. The press couldn’t get enough of him. After the initial shock, Kaká developed a warm accessibility with the press and fans, but he avoided the limelight and temptations of the nightclubs. His family and faith were his anchor.

Many people think that I became a Christian after the accident, but that is not true,” Kaká says. “My parents always taught me the Bible and its values, and also about Jesus Christ and faith.”

Re: Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” by Treasure17(m): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
Jesus is the way.
Re: Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” by KingOfTheDamned: 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
Being baptized at 12 was an important milestone for Kaká and one that had a profound effect on his young spiritual life. “Little by little, I stopped simply hearing people talk about the Jesus my parents taught me,” he says. “There came a time when I wanted to live my own experiences with God.”

There’s a common saying about soccer: “England invented it. The Brazilians perfected it.” The Brazilian game is generally an artful, rhythmic flow marked by skillful dribbling and unexpected passing. The nation brought joga bonita, the beautiful game, to the world and holds more World Cup championships, five, than any other country.

European soccer is generally considered more physical and tactical than the South American game, but the 6-foot, 1-inch, 180-pound Kaká adapted instantly. His first season he earned a starting role.

Most media have shown respect for Kaká’s faith and praised his sportsmanship. His consistency and graciousness matched with his stellar play make it difficult to do otherwise. Yet when some have suggested that his lifestyle is boring, Kaká has countered that it is radical to follow Christ. As Kaká continues to pursue new goals, he leaves little doubt that he is all about Jesus.

“Today, I have my ministry through sports, but I play because I have a God-given gift,” he says. “I play because He has perfected the gift He gave me in my life. Jesus said ‘without me, you can do nothing’ and I believe this.”

Cc Obembet

Re: Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” by KingOfTheDamned: 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
Genius
Ronaldinho had frightening, fantastical, flamboyant ability. There's no doubt there came a spell where he was the best in the world, combining pure joy of his style with a devastating end product.

But Kaka, in his own way, was every bit as relentless, every bit as productive, every bit as majestic.

His gait, particularly when in possession, was mesmeric. Reasonably unusual in stature for a playmaking midfielder at a little over six feet tall, Kaka could still turn and accelerate past a defender in the same way the smaller, low-centre-of-gravity No. 10s would manage—but that same elegant, long-legged stride made him unstoppable on the run.

Kaka had real power and acceleration in possession, simultaneously appearing to glide and surge to leave defenders for dead in one-on-one situations; while he rarely showboated with insane stepovers or made opponents look foolish with clever footwork, he was difficult to dispossess.

At the end of Kaka's solo dribbles, there came real genius in execution. A perfectly weighted pass between defenders is tough enough to do at the best of times, but to do so on the run, after a 30-metre sprint, often off-balance due to being challenged, is an act of creativity reserved only for the best.

Kaka could make it look as routine as a short corner.

An ability not only to make the pass, but to even see it, to witness his team-mates' runs ahead of him and judge just when to initiate releasing the ball, was at-times perfection matched only by the true elite in the modern era: Zinedine Zidane, Andres Iniesta and few others.

If not a pass, a shot.

Kaka netted close to 100 goals in the red and black, but his tallies were all about consistency: never more than 20 in a campaign, only once fewer than 14. Big games, big moments, and Kaka would make sure his team had a chance.
Re: Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” by KingOfTheDamned: 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
Standout

The Ballon d'Or came Kaka's way in 2007, but that wasn't all.

He also won the Serie A Footballer of the Year (a second such title), was named in the UEFA Team of the Year (a second of three), was the top scorer in the UEFA Champions League, and won the UEFA Club Footballer of the Year, the FIFPro World Player of the Year and the FIFA World Player of the Year.

Those were his individual titles; with Milan, he lifted the Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup.

That year, Milan were the world's best team, and Kaka was the world's best player.

And it wasn't even close, amassing almost 200 points more in the Ballon d'Or voting than second-placed Cristiano Ronaldo. It can't have been a surprise, either. In the Champions League semi-finals, Milan faced United—Kaka faced Ronaldo.

The Brazilian netted three times across the two legs, including a brace away from home, to send his side through 5-3 on aggregate. It wasn't just goals where he impacted; Kaka ran the game, from start to finish, and showed an individual quality far and away above any other player on the pitch.

Re: Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” by Solsix(m): 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2023
Only a special grace of God can make someone very successful and still know. I need that grace today!
Re: Kaká: “without Jesus, I Can’t Do Anything.” by KingOfTheDamned: 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
Solsix:
Only a special grace of God can make someone very successful and still know. I need that grace today!

Amen bro

(1) (Reply)

Rest In Peace Papa: Bobrisky’s Dad Dies / The Stunning Allure Of The Latex Integral Full Cover Combination Catsuit / Rural Rays Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.