Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,109 members, 7,977,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:10 PM

The Anointing: What Stops The Flow And What Increases The Flow in The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Anointing: What Stops The Flow And What Increases The Flow in The Church (195 Views)

It Is Religion That Stops The Poor In Nigeria From Killing The Rich’ — Kukah / Woman Stops Giving Tithes In Church, Uses The Money To Build House For A Widow / How Do You Feel When You Fall Under The Anointing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Anointing: What Stops The Flow And What Increases The Flow in The Church by ocnovakmichael(m): 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2023
This is an excerpt from my new book: "Breakthrough Corporate Anointing"

Acts 2:1-4
1. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Notice verse 1 says, “They were all with one accord in one place.”
Truth be told, in our churches today, we converge in one place, but we are scarcely with one accord in faith. Divisions and unbelief has crept in and crippled the flow and manifestations of the Spirit in our churches. One section of the church is in favour with pastor A and deacon E, while the other section is in favour with Pastor B and deacon F, while some others are standing on the fence. This was pretty obvious amongst the saints at Corinth: some say they were of Paul, and others say, they were of Apollos. And the whole church was pickled with strife, envy, divisions, and carnality.
1 Corinthians 3:1-6
1. And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5. who then is Paul, and who then is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

In essence, Paul was saying to the saints at Corinth that the unbelief, divisions, strife, envying, and carnality among you, has cost you spiritual things. He said he could not speak to them concerning spiritual things. Notice Paul did not say he would not speak to them concerning spiritual things, rather he said he could not: that means it was almost practically impossible for him to speak to them concerning the things of the spirit. Now that’s a strong assertion. You see, ordinarily, when you read that text, you see Paul speaking, but really that’s the Holy Spirit speaking through Paul, saying he could not speak to the saints at Corinth concerning spiritual things.
In Mark chapter six verses five through six, the Bible teaches that Jesus, could there, in his own country, do no mighty work; and he marveled because of their unbelief.
Mark 6:5-6
5. And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hand upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
6. And he marveled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Did you notice the phrase “He could there do no mighty work?” You see, the same Spirit that is in Jesus is the same Spirit that inspired Paul to write to the saints at Corinth. So if unbelief and divisions stopped Jesus from doing mighty work in his own town, unbelief and divisions will stop Paul from speaking to the Corinthians about spiritual things. The anointing in Jesus flows through members of His body, the church. And whatever stopped the head of the body, will stop individual members of the body. Moreover, when unbelief and divisions set-in in the church, they cripple and short circuit the flow of the anointing.
However, there’s something about the anointing, the Holy Spirit. He does not abandon us when we are not in unity, he endeavours to teach us and lead us in the right path. Now notice what the Bible says in verse 6 of that text, “… And he (Jesus) went round about the villages, teaching.” Also, notice what Paul wrote to the saints at Corinth in first Corinthians the twelfth chapter, the first verse: “Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.” Thanks be to God the Spirit does not want the church ignorant of spiritual things.
Acts 4:23-33
23. And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them.
24. And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

25. Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
26. The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
27. For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
28. For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

29. And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
30. By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
31. And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
32. And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
32. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

Notice verse 23 says, “And being let go, they went to their own company…” We need the company of each other in dire times. It is in this company that the anointing flows and destroy yokes. Peter and John being let go, went to their own company; and with one accord they lifted up their voice unto God. The Bible teaches that when they had prayed, the place where they assembled shook. And we know from physical laws that when there is a shaking, there is vibration and displacement of tectonic plates: yokes and chains are broken and fetters are loosed.
There is a worship song that describes the above experience when the church is in unity before God. The song goes thus: when I come into your presence I’m so happy. When I come into your presence I’m so glad. For in your presence there’s anointing and your Spirit moves around me. In your presence, anointing breaks the yoke.
Small wonder that the Psalmist says: “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! 2. It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments. 3. As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore” (Psalm 133:1-3).
When the church is in unity and in faith, the anointing falls with great power to break yokes, bless the congregation and set captives free.
In second Chronicles 5:13 Solomon assembled all the elders of Israel before the ark of the covenant. And the Bible tells us as the singers and those playing instruments becoming as one singing praises unto God, saying “For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.” Then cloud filled the house of the LORD, so that the priests could not stand to minister: the glory of the LORD filled the place where they were assembled.
Friend, the anointing that is resident in the church is made manifest when we are in unity and in faith. And a greater manifestations of the anointing is poured out on the church when we intensely desire the operation of spiritual gifts.
1 Corinthians 14:1
Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.

Paul wrote that letter to the churches at Corinth: that love should be the basis for desiring spiritual gifts so that the church may be spiritually equipped, edified, comforted, and that all may learn. "Even so ye (the church), forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye (the church) may excel to the edifying of the church" (1 Corinthians 14:12).

Please I beg you: read, comment, and share. Don't hide knowledge, propagate it!

(1) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele Launches ‘warnings To The Nations’, Unveils 5000 Fulfilled Proph / My Mother Said In Heaven / How A Man Was Hired To Trail Apostle Johnson Suleman For Three Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.