Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,667 members, 7,968,918 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:03 PM

The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio (38726 Views)

How Wike Was Introduced Into Politics / The Centre Of Corruption In Not Government But Regulator - Reno Omokri / Reno Omokri Accused Of Enjoying Abroad With Stolen Government Money; He Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by dododawa1: 9:48am On Jun 19, 2023
200m
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by spencekat(m): 9:50am On Jun 19, 2023
Tareq1105:

He said it was his savings when he was MD of the company.
Savings ni investment ko
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Shattuck(m): 9:51am On Jun 19, 2023
Ireportlive:

You can have shares and stakes in any company and that's not conflict of intrest

As long as you are not a director or staff
but akpabio clearly stated that he was a managing director.
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by shinealight(m): 9:52am On Jun 19, 2023
Ireportlive:

You can have shares and stakes in any company and that's not conflict of intrest

As long as you are not a director or staff

Really? Surely those Shares should have been declared as part of your Assets when you took office.
What’s to guarantee that your policies as Governor would not favour the companies where you have Shares?
Like Peter Obi putting $50million of Anambra State money in Fidelity Bank where he owned substantial shares?
That’s what Reno Omokri said oooo. Hehehehe! grin grin
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Kion: 10:01am On Jun 19, 2023
Alexiiydon:
i am foolish but when it comes to my stupid conehead tribe, we are useless jst like our ancestors, Yeriba foolishness no be here we are very foolish
okay goat fixed it for you grin
Brain dead conehead wey no go school
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by mutantninja: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2023
slowice:
Lol,.. For me, it's poor Nigerians on nairaland giving advice to criminals stealing their common wealth on how not to implicate themselves in public grin

Suffer nor dey tire una?

Instead being infuriated by such revelation una dey give guidelines on how to run matter safely
Because every Nigerian is criminal minded apart from you who is a saint grin
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Sososo(f): 10:09am On Jun 19, 2023
We are aware
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Maliqcious: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2023
Alexiiydon:
Lol the east should start holding their leaders for their woes and leave the Nigeria govt out of their problem this are the people who felt they can do better without being part of Nigeria imagine the embezzlement whey go they happen if they mistakenly get the Biafra nation they keep wailing about because I know people worst than this will be the one to rule them
akwa ibom is south south right
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by monerozi5590: 10:29am On Jun 19, 2023
Praxis758:
No Nigerian law permits any elected political officer to run a private business simultaneously with the office he’s holding, so Akpabio should explain to us the type of business that fetched him that huge amount as a sitting governor.

Such an amount could only come from kickbacks, contracts inflation and state funds.

Yeah you are right but I think except farming, then again we all know Akpabio just like everyone of them is corrupt
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by brightleave(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2023
Passionnn:
This Wike uncontrolled broken tap of a mouth will soon run all of them into big wahala
grin As far as Polithiefcians are concerned, no wahala big for Nigeria again o. grin grin grin
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Donedeal1(m): 10:41am On Jun 19, 2023
Was that statements a support or an attack on the Senate president?

More like an allegations.
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by bonnyhope: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2023
Depriest2020:
The problem with Wike is that he doesn't know when, how, what to talk in public. He could have simply said Akpabio gave him full support and every necessary assistance needed during his campaign to be governor, since he knew Akpabio was a sitting governor then, to avoid this unnecessarily making Akpabio to make clarification.

Na God de open their mouths one after the other

See that Bukachuwa
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by saintnegroid(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2023
Praxis758:
No Nigerian law permits any elected political officer to run a private business simultaneously with the office he’s holding, so Akpabio should explain to us the type of business that fetched him that huge amount as a sitting governor.

Such an amount could only come from kickbacks, contracts inflation and state funds.
who are the Us? Where would he stand to explain to you?
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Agboogashi: 10:54am On Jun 19, 2023
From the money you siphoned off government coffers you meant to say.
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by babamoha(m): 10:56am On Jun 19, 2023
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by slowice(m): 10:56am On Jun 19, 2023
mutantninja:

Because every Nigerian is criminal minded apart from you who is a saint grin

I'm no saint but would love to see a Nigeria as prosperous and focus like japan
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by slowice(m): 10:57am On Jun 19, 2023
Dancebreaker:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
The corrupt money advisers here on Nairaland if given half a chance will loot more than any sitting politician.

That is the fact. They even already know how to hide it and not say pim better than sitting veteran looters.
That tells you the hopeless state of corruption.

Same reason they would vehemently resist any good man that runs for office

1 Like

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Bestbeelieve: 10:58am On Jun 19, 2023
grin grin grin grin life saver
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by erai30(m): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2023
Thieves in government
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by otomatic(m): 11:27am On Jun 19, 2023
Nfora:

Foolish talk.

The law does not permit N200million donation from a single person.

N200million from personal savings indeed.

only a thief would have the guts to dash somebody N200million from a hard earned salary "savings".

For you to donate N200million from you salary "savings", you must have about a billion naira as total salary "savings" .

We have a confirmed criminal as Senate president!

It is very disgusting and shameful ,that people like you, would keep on encouraging and supporting criminals and criminality.

Which law is that, that limits the amount of money that can be gifted? Can you show us the relevant sections?
About having 1B to give 200M, someone who is not a giver can never give even if he has 100B.
A giver can give his last card.
I believe you have never given someone your last card before.
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by NwekereNdokl: 11:30am On Jun 19, 2023
Poverty capital of the world throws money around
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Burgerlomo: 11:43am On Jun 19, 2023
Depriest2020:
The problem with Wike is that he doesn't know when, how, what to talk in public. He could have simply said Akpabio gave him full support and every necessary assistance needed during his campaign to be governor, since he knew Akpabio was a sitting governor then, to avoid this unnecessarily making Akpabio to make clarification.

What do you expect from someone who chop fowl yansh

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Alexiiydon: 11:56am On Jun 19, 2023
Kion:
okay goat fixed it for you grin
Brain dead conehead wey no go school
edit your brain all you want you just made be right your tribe are stupid as thought fool
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Alexiiydon: 11:58am On Jun 19, 2023
Maliqcious:
akwa ibom is south south right
but they are part of Biafra when it comes to your stupidness right??
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by NairalandGossip: 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Depriest2020:
Wike did that on purpose, dude is like a snake. His intention is to humble Akpabio and turn the people's heart away. Wike wants to be the "god" of south south politics and not even Akpabio will stand on his way
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Nfora: 12:05pm On Jun 19, 2023
otomatic:

Which law is that, that limits the amount of money that can be gifted? Can you show us the relevant sections?
About having 1B to give 200M, someone who is not a giver can never give even if he has 100B.
A giver can give his last card.
I believe you have never given someone your last card before.

Very nonsensical and rubbish talk!

It seems you are a beneficiary of crook and criminal politicians. You give your last card of N200m to a politician abi?

A last card of N200million would have gone a long way in solving the poverty situation in Akwa Ibom, by empowering at least 400 Akwa Ibomites, with at least N500,000 for micro businesses.
1,000 people can still benefit for micro trading enterprises, at 200,000 each.

The electoral act 2022 is very clear:

88.—(1) Election expenses shall not exceed the sum stipulated in
subsections (2)-(7).
(2) The maximum election expenses to be incurred by a candidate at a
presidential election shall not exceed N5,000,000,000.
(3) The maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred by a
candidate in respect of governorship election shall not exceed N1,000,000,000.
(4) The maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred by a
candidate in respect of Senatorial and House of Representatives seat shall not
exceed N100,000,000 and N70,000,000 respectively.
(5) In the case of State Assembly election, the maximum amount of
election expenses to be incurred by a candidate shall not exceed N30,000,000.
(6) In the case of a chairmanship election to an Area Council, the
maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred by a candidate shall not
exceed N30,000,000.
(7) In the case of Councillorship election to an Area Council, the maximum
amount of election expenses to be incurred by a candidate shall not exceed
N5,000,000.
(cool No individual or other entity shall donate to a candidate more than
N50,000,000.
(9) A candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section,
commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of 1% of the amount
permitted as the limit of campaign expenditure under this Act or imprisonment
for a term not more than 12 months or both.
(10) Any individual who knowingly acts in contravention of subsection
(9) is liable on conviction to a maximum fine of N500,000 or imprisonment for
a term of nine months or both.

1 Like

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Tinububalls: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
Alexiiydon:
but they are part of the east when it comes to Biafra foolishness I said this because i want to know what you people will say SS is not Biafra so you guys are dot in the circle
I will be a fool to say a Bini man must be part of Biafra.
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by otomatic(m): 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2023
Nfora:

Very nonsensical and rubbish talk!

It seems you are a beneficiary of crook and criminal politicians. You give your last card of N200m to a politician abi?

A last card of N200million would have gone a long way in solving the poverty situation in Akwa Ibom, by empowering at least 400 Akwa Ibomites, with at least N500,000 for micro businesses.
1,000 people can still benefit for micro trading enterprises, at 200,000 each.

The electoral act 2022 is very clear:

88.—(1) Election expenses shall not exceed the sum stipulated in
subsections (2)-(7).
(2) The maximum election expenses to be incurred by a candidate at a
presidential election shall not exceed N5,000,000,000.
(3) The maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred by a
candidate in respect of governorship election shall not exceed N1,000,000,000.
(4) The maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred by a
candidate in respect of Senatorial and House of Representatives seat shall not
exceed N100,000,000 and N70,000,000 respectively.
(5) In the case of State Assembly election, the maximum amount of
election expenses to be incurred by a candidate shall not exceed N30,000,000.
(6) In the case of a chairmanship election to an Area Council, the
maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred by a candidate shall not
exceed N30,000,000.
(7) In the case of Councillorship election to an Area Council, the maximum
amount of election expenses to be incurred by a candidate shall not exceed
N5,000,000.
(cool No individual or other entity shall donate to a candidate more than
N50,000,000.
(9) A candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section,
commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of 1% of the amount
permitted as the limit of campaign expenditure under this Act or imprisonment
for a term not more than 12 months or both.
(10) Any individual who knowingly acts in contravention of subsection
(9) is liable on conviction to a maximum fine of N500,000 or imprisonment for
a term of nine months or both.

Was this donation in 2022? Was this law applicable when the donation was made in 2015?
A politician gave his cash to another politician. He knows and has evaluated the risk. It might be risky for one who is not a politician to do same.
As for empowering people, I'm yet to see anyone who has done more than the senator in Akwa Ibom. He can spend his money as he wishes afterall he is number one in empowerment.
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by pfadom: 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
It does not mean he does not have access to his personal savings before he became a political office holder.

Praxis758:

Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by alkali45(m): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
Praxis758:

peter obi that invested state fund into his family business nko
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Alexiiydon: 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2023
Tinububalls:

I will be a fool to say a Bini man must be part of Biafra.
so you agree Biafra is nothing but a stupid wailing from your people
Re: The N200m I Gave To Wike Was From My Savings, Not Government Money - Akpabio by Tinububalls: 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2023
Alexiiydon:
so you agree Biafra is nothing but a stupid wailing from your people
Before you start vomiting thrash because that's what you folks do, what do you understand by Biafra?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Clearing Boko Haram Enclaves Within Sambisa Forest (Photos) / Gunshots In Ajase Ipo As OPC, Fulani Clash / Southern Ijaw Election Rerun....#bayelsaDecides Updates.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.