Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,998 members, 7,886,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:28 PM

What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? (340 Views)

Jamilah Abubakar: 8 Things To Know About Atiku's Wife. How US Investigated Her / Nigerians Blast Lauretta Onochie Over Her Post About Atiku / What Obasanjo Said About Atiku In 2015 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by DollarBag: 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2023
I get confused each time I hear people call Alhaji Atiku Abubakar “a unifier”. I’ve actually tried to explore any possible factor(s) or any special action(s) exhibited by him to merit that accolade, and I’m yet to see even one. I’ve traversed his political antecedence, not one yet. Instead, all I see is betrayal, inconsistency, lack of strategy and dynamism, greed, lack of vision and patriotism and indeed all those adjectives used by President Obasanjo to describe him.

However, for those of his supporters and admirers, if you have any unifying attributes of Atiku, pls let me/us know.
Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by TemplarLandry: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
grin grin grin The man with inordinate ambition to become Nigeria's President.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by SmartPolician: 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
I am not a fan of Atiku Abubukar, but no politician from the north is as popular as Atiku in the South... probably because he has a couple of businesses in the South (chiefly Rivers State), he is a moderate Muslim (which explains why he married from all the major tribes in Nigeria) and he has a lot of friends in the South because he has lived and worked in Lagos State for a long time.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by Solsix(m): 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
SmartPolician:
I am not a fan of Atiku Abubukar, but no politician from the north is as popular as Atiku in the South... probably because he has a couple of businesses in the South (chiefly Rivers State), he is a moderate Muslim (why explains why he married from all the major tribes in Nigeria) and he has a lot of friends in the South because he has lived and worked in Lagos State for a long time.
U are right, he is also generous to to his likes
Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by DollarBag: 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
SmartPolician:
I am not a fan of Atiku Abubukar, but no politician from the north is as popular as Atiku in the South... probably because he has a couple of businesses in the South (chiefly Rivers State), he is a moderate Muslim (why explains why he married from all the major tribes in Nigeria) and he has a lot of friends in the South because he has lived and worked in Lagos State for a long time.

My dear, if I have money like Atiku, I’ll achieve more of all these feats than him. All these you mentioned are more about personal interest. I can decide to marry from all ethnic groups in the country, live anywhere I wish as well as focus my investments to one or more directions. It’s my money.
Then what happened when these achievements(not qualities albeit) was put to test in the last one year? Why did they not help him to bring about or achieve the desired peace that eluded his party during the just concluded elections which no doubt, paved a huge way for his defeat?
Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by DollarBag: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
Solsix:

U are right, he is also generous to to his likes

Election-induced generosity. Remove election in Nigeria and check if you’ll hear about or see Atiku in 20years. I’m sure he’s even in Dubai currently.
Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by Solsix(m): 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
DollarBag:

Election-induced generosity. Remove election in Nigeria and check if you’ll hear about or see Atiku in 20years. I’m sure he’s even in Dubai currently.
All politicians are election - induced generous

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by NzogbuNzogbu: 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
Atiku is more or less a Southerner, more or less a Christian

He is genuinely one of the politicians up north that all politicians can relate with

Only saraki has such personal, you would see atiku comfortably in church, parties, anywhere he can flow

Even the apc you probably belong to, he has been there before and I don't see how many have more friends than him there

Anytime we need to swallow a norther pill he is the only liberal one that you can expect is civilized (the average northerner is a bigot no matter how much they pretend, look at kwanwanso that destroy roundabout cos it carry cross)

I repeat he remains a unifer but what happened with them wike was not about unifying problem, he wanted to send a message across that one man can't control the party

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by ba7man(m): 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2023
Atiku has been able to unify all tribes in the bedroom through his wife.
Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by hafeeanubasy: 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
SmartPolician:
I am not a fan of Atiku Abubukar, but no politician from the north is as popular as Atiku in the South... probably because he has a couple of businesses in the South (chiefly Rivers State), he is a moderate Muslim (which explains why he married from all the major tribes in Nigeria) and he has a lot of friends in the South because he has lived and worked in Lagos State for a long time.
I have never seen Muslims portraying being a moderate Christian as a virtue.

Something is wrong with Atiku being a moderate muslim,that alone Demarkets him!
Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by hafeeanubasy: 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
Atiku is more or less a Southerner, more or less a Christian

He is genuinely one of the politicians up north that all politicians can relate with

Only saraki has such personal, you would see atiku comfortably in church, parties, anywhere he can flow

Even the apc you probably belong to, he has been there before and I don't see how many have more friends than him there

Anytime we need to swallow a norther pill he is the only liberal one that you can expect is civilized (the average northerner is a bigot no matter how much they pretend, look at kwanwanso that destroy roundabout cos it carry cross)

I repeat he remains a unifer but what happened with them wike was not about unifying problem, he wanted to send a message across that one man can't control the party
And Northerners too will always consider a southern moderate Christian till the kingdom come!
Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by SmartPolician: 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

I have never seen Muslims portraying being a moderate Christian as a virtue.

Something is wrong with Atiku being a moderate muslim,that alone Demarkets him!

They wouldn't, but for a secular and multiethnic society like Nigeria, it matters because it helps you to understand and carry everyone along.
Re: What Is Really Unifying About Atiku Abubakar? by hafeeanubasy: 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
SmartPolician:

They wouldn't, but for a secular and multiethnic society like Nigeria, it matters because it helps you to understand and carry everyone along.
You dont have to be moderate and lax in your religion to do that

(1) (Reply)

All The Buildings Destroyed In Alaba are Concentrated In One Particular Area / I Have Just Started, Nigeria Will Be Great Again - President Tinubu (video) / Fulani Terrorist Herdsman And Jihadist Attacked Benue Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.