Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,807 members, 7,930,751 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:38 AM

President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police (95255 Views)

Buhari Surmons All Service Chiefs Presides Over Security Briefing / FIRS Retires All Directors Who Have Served For Eight Years / BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Elliotwaveforec: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ogalla! It's like 50% of Igbos are originally Igalas. Chai, the only important position meant for Igbos is taken by an Igala man.

Igalas are in Anambra and Enugu being forced to bear Igbo names; just like the Nupes in Lagos, Oyo and Kwara States; and the ijaws in Ondo state.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by teehay45(m): 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2023
snowland:
Maj. T. A Lagbaja - Chief of Army Staff

Wait, is this a typo or what? A Major as a Chief of Army Staff?
He is a Major General
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2023
clockwisereport:

I never knew Ikechukwu starts with letter A

I just confirmed, it is rear Admiral E I Ogalla. I stand for Ikechukwu.

Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla (National Defence College - Course 26).
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Japastic: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
ganisucks:

The fact he was a military general is to you, not important. And also, Where's Abacha?

Look, anybody telling you this was Baba Lagos's intention from day one is either naive, ignorant or a liar.
May PBAT succeed.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by wonder233: 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
No bro, the police has equivalence in ranks to the military. A DIG of police is the equivalent of a Lieutenant-General of the army, a Vice Admiral of the navy and an Air Marshall of the airforce.
ganisucks:
And so it begins. After the meeting with Grey beard, Baba Lagos declared war on the cabal.

Made Ribadu the NSA chief. What an insult. A police DIG to command military generals.

I laff😅🤣😂

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by shakdav(m): 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2023
ganisucks:
And so it begins. After the meeting with Grey beard, Baba Lagos declared war on the cabal.

Made Ribadu the NSA chief. What an insult. A police DIG to command military generals.

I laff😅🤣😂

Is not an inuslt oo, you bring people you can work with oo, by the way Nuhu is a experience person..

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by bazoodo: 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2023
happney65:
Where are those people saying Ribadu cannot be made NSA because he was a police officer say the military will not take orders from him

Tueh..
what a joke. The President himself who is the Commander in Chief of the federal armed forces is a civilian. So why can't Ribadu be NSA??

7 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by FIRDAUS3(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
daddytime:
Expected and about time.

Let see how the new chiefs pan out and the attendant grumblings and sabotage that might follow from perceived aggrieved parties.

Just went through the entire list and can't help but wonder if this is how Tinubu intends to unite and govern a one Nigeria?

Why is the S.S. and S.E. regions ominously missing from the list of appointments...

This isn't right at all, no matter what.

Wait till when the Obi you voted for would be sworn in as the President, but for now, BAT rules

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by seunmsg(m): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2023
clockwisereport:

Is Babatunde(SAN) Ogala Igbo?

No.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by MissLeslie(m): 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2023
royalnose:

Bro that position nor be service chief, them just put their at all at all

He control all of them, the only thing that doesn't clear to me is the work of chief of defence and minister of defense.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by COMPAQ(m): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
DatIgalaDude:
The appointments reeks of nepotism.
Our leaders are all the same.

Much fairer spread of appointments than what Buhari did!
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by badruf(m): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
Tinubu was prepared.
He is the smartest president of Nigeria till date

5 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by happney65: 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
bazoodo:
what a joke. The President himself who is the Commander in Chief of the federal armed forces is a civilian. So why can't Ribadu be NSA??

I tire for them o. When the president himself is a civilian and them dey receive orders from civilian na police officer them no fit receive order from

Make them dey play

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Reflect7: 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
iReddington:
Omoor, Asiwaju is not playing, this is the kind of leadership a country with great potentials like Nigeria needs. The same people that said they were voting for Obi because of competence and not tribe are now looking for their tribesmen on the list...grin no worries, the ones appointed are competent.

hehehehe... wink

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by tope777(m): 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
domDva:
Ribadu is intelligent and will definitely do his best.

I’m sure people are already checking regional spread and not necessarily the competence of the appointees .

Will he continue the Buhari pattern of shutting out SE in security architecture Name and regional checkers over to you .

Power in Nigeria na really turn by turn , Yoruba ronu, it is the turn of the Yorubas lolll

Everyone should be calming down , for the Igbo haters already jubilating kindly note that Chief of Naval staff is Emmanuel ikechukwu Ogalla from Enugu State.

Yes
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Reflect7: 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
Elanqy:
I wonder if there is no Igbo Snr officer.
I can mostly see Yoruba and Hausa names.

They were looking for the Igbo officers to appoint, but learnt they were all in Colombia looking for Tinubu's drug links to cartels.

6 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2023
MissLeslie:

He control all of them, the only thing that doesn't clear to me is the work of chief of defence and minister of defense.

Chief of Defence Staff is a regimental appointment while Minister of Defence is a political appointment. Chief of Defence Staff is the head of Defence Headquarters.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Reflect7: 10:06pm On Jun 19, 2023
6. Chief of Defense Intelligence ---- Maj Gen Ekpa

Ekpa?

Are you sure he's not related to Simon Ekpa?

Let them check him well o, please.
undecided
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by amp01(m): 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Yea, I said it that those incompetent service chiefs were gonna be fired.
This is renewed hope, omi tutun ti ru, eja tutun ti wonu omi.
T I N U B U 💜

Nothing New there,since 1999,no single services chief has serve two president.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Hope15: 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2023
I think they must have pushed his hands with their refusal to work with Ribadu as NSA. The man wants Ribadu in that post, and they were seeming a roadblock. Something has to give, right?

hybridblood07:
Removing the service chiefs is just too early. He would have worked with them for at least 6 months

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Kion: 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2023
Ogalla is not igbo
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Reflect7: 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
blowjohn:

I don't understand. Ibos hated on this man so much.
Why r u looking for appointment?

Help me ask him, please.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by akakurukukaku(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
ganisucks:

I laff😅🤣😂

Is Tinubu that is commanding all the police and military generals not a civilian. Forget that thing brother, this is a political appointment
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by bazoodo: 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
happney65:

I tire for them o. When the president himself is a civilian and them dey receive orders from civilian na police officer them no fit receive order from

Make them dey play
don't mind them. First thing in a democracy anywhere in the world is Military subordination to civilian authority

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Honlucas: 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
Rear Admiral E Ogalla, Newly appointed Chief of the
@NigerianNavy
hails from Enugu State.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Gajagojo: 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2023
hybridblood07:
Removing the service chiefs is just too early. He would have worked with them for at least 6 months
Do you know the meaning of the word WOULD

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by tsdarkside(m): 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
daddytime:
Expected and about time.

Let see how the new chiefs pan out and the attendant grumblings and sabotage that might follow from perceived aggrieved parties.

Just went through the entire list and can't help but wonder if this is how Tinubu intends to unite and govern a one Nigeria?

Why is the S.S. and S.E. regions ominously missing from the list of appointments...

This isn't right at all, no matter what.

dont add us south southerners to you....

3 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by olab059(m): 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2023
alezzy13:
Shuuu!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bombshell!! 😮😮

You have to hand it to the old man, he truly has that knack of springing surprises, so tay even Sahara didn't see this one coming 😁

Lol! grin
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Skyehigher1: 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
Very brilliant move
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by juman(m): 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
Again none from north central.
As if we dont exist.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by Tinubuderanged: 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Jagaban knows how to pick competent people for the job.

I give him credit for that!
wait first. Don't be in a hurry. We will judge them at the end of their tenure.
Re: President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police by olab059(m): 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
Who cares?

In less than 1 month, there seems to be a semblance of someone in-charge. Under GEJ and Buhari, firing incompetent people in office seemed like a rocket science.

For one, Tinubu has been taking decisive actions. Everything is not about politics. However I would have preferred if his mandate is not questionable.

Call it Yorubanization or whatever. During OBJ's tenure, Igbo people were everywhere in that government yet their impacts were not felt in their region. From Finance Minister, CBN Governor, Senate President, Chief of Staff to Heads of Parastatals. Buhari came with his family to the Presidency and the North still remains the epicenter of poverty in Nigeria.

I think at this time everyone should be clamouring for whatever or whoever can get the country out of shit-hole. Heck! I will support a credible monkey if it can salvage Nigeria.

By the way, Chief of Naval Staff (Rear Admiral E.A. Ogalla) is from Enugu State.

/

Lovely comment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Used Fake Rolls Royce Ghost Hearse For Mum's Burial / Glory Okolie Detained By IRT Officers (Pictures) / Is This Well Located In Nigeria? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.