Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,765 members, 7,979,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:06 PM

Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda (5168 Views)

London Court Registers N99 Billion Judgment Against Nigerian Military / I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / Yuguda, Abubakar, Gidado In Missing Aircraft As It Lands In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by bossinie: 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2011
emiye:

Fear has turned this man to Boko Haram Spokesperson
Don't think it's fear he's prolly a financier whose protecting his investment shocked
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by PurestBoy(m): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2011
Can they impeach this Yuguda for this statement? Don't we have lawmakers in this country?
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by bossinie: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2011
Amalaaba:

Please! The solution to headache is not decapitation.

If you think and believe these senseless killings in Jos,Borno,Abuja & other parts of the country is a mere headache then you must be outta reality.Truth is it has become a cancerous rot in the foot that needs to be decapitated immediately.

[s]Jos crises has persisted because we have insisted on treating Malaria as Cholera.[/s]

The problem in Jos for example is about Indigenous ownership of land.

How do you explain a land ownership crises which most killings have been targeted strangely on mostly Christian settlers   Reprisal attacks have had their Muslims folks counting their loses
You see your theory of land ownership might appeal to naive minds since you Northern elites are desperate to tell Nigerian's & the rest of the world that all is well in the North but for the 'general' challenge of bad governance which cuts across the length and breadth of the country with particular reference to the last election polls.How convenient

Please be patient and try to understand that Islam is not the problem as many of you would be having in your consciousness.

Too late my brother,the deed has been done because those who threatened to make this nation ungovernable are Islamic faithfuls,and now those who are carrying out all these terrorist activities howbeit on Police stations,UN headquarters etc. are equally Islamic faithfuls so you tell me if our conclusions are out of place.

[s]I have stated it in the past that the problem in Nigeria is ethnic induced violence-extremism associated with poverty of idea and personal resources. [/s]

I put it to you that the worst culprits in this regard are you Northern elites,you acquire western education train your children & wards in western environment,but the moment you lose control of power & the resources of the nation you begin the instigate your impoverished indigenous followers who you have deprived of proper western education for your selfish political gains,majority of whom have ignorantly refused western education due to your intentional control tactics over them.

You are quick to pull these grossly deprived lot out in time of political exigencies to favour your selfish political ambitions as noticed in the last INEC registration process where you encouraged by coercion,funding & protection of these millions of under-aged voters.Same was done during NPC and you come here to talk about inducement

Our leadership, North/South, Muslim/Christian, are all wicked and are ruling us to satisfy their personal greed.

Only reasonable comment but i have never seen Christian extremist who would rather kill just to prove a religious point !

[s]For example, all the Governors claimed that they could not pay the  N18,000 minimum wage, yet they are not complaining of the high amount they are paying all the Politicians. I have seen a contract of N250 Million where the contractor require less than N50 Million to execute, awarded by one of the poorest state in Nigeria. The man is a Political jobber of the Governor.[/s]

I am probably sure that this same Yuguda talking is culpable in over inflated contract awarding just like his counterparts in other states,but does that justify all these killings & threats of more killings  

The actions of Niger Deltan Militants was equally as unreasonable, but was explained by Governors of the regions.

You are grossly wrong or better yet very confused,there is absolutely NO comparism between Niger Delta militants and Boko Haram. At least the whole world knows what they were fighting for but what is the fundamental struggle behind the other we do not understand even though they have come to say many untenable things it has made us even more CONFUSED

[s]Let us reflect on his comments. Balarabe Musa said the same thing in an interview in Guardian in August.[/s]

Yuguda and Balarabe Musa are part of the Northern elites who say one thing in the press and convey another message to the over 85% of the Northern masses who are illiterate.I wonder why we should take them serious.
Generally your comments are not factual,misleading & completely out of reality. shocked
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by donem: 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
comments such as this from public office holders get me apoplectic in totality, only in nigeria would u see a financier of a terrorist group clamour for support for his subjects without such a person faceing any form of interrogation or sorth. Since the northerners back in nigeria cant co-exist with the christians i think Nigeria is long due for devision,
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by Amalaaba: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2011
My friend, thank you for reading through my thought and replying in details as you have done. I think you actually twisted your facts, for example on Jos. Truth is constant.
You see, the beauty of debate is that we may not agree, but we would have an opportunity to put across one another's opinion. Abusing Yuguda would not evaporate the problem. lets examine his opinion; period. What if you are wrong?

The import of my submission is that we should solve the real cause of the problems we have and stop blaming Islam and/or resort to stereotype- it is dangerous! Two examples would do: While i was writing the first submission i had a middle aged woman shouting that Calabar people are bad; i rushed out quickly to say: "A man/woman is bad/good not because of his religion or race." I asked one of my Christian girls to listen to the song i was listening to which she was then complaining about, then repeat the song; she refused, because she cannot ask Allah for anything!

My friends, try to understand that we can never see things the same way. God knows why he did not make all of us Christians, whose ancient and recent history of killings are legendary such as in Rewanda and Iraq/Afghanistan. God knows why he has allowed 1.5 Billion Muslims to be different.

The wave of hatred towards Muslims is getting dangerous and i call on all well meaning Nigerians to let us find a solution for this problem instead of name calling. I know what Europeans did to the Jews for decades leading to the pogrom that lead the Hitler (A staunch Christian) to annihilate 6 million jews. I pray this would not happen to Muslims. Amin.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by sirjec(m): 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
Boko Haram speaker
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by beespak7(m): 2:49am On Oct 04, 2011
Mr yuguda is either high on burukutu or plainly scared to death of boko haram . what arrant nonsense !!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by Fad3: 6:24am On Oct 04, 2011
Yuguda is afraid of boko haram, he is thinkin about d gd tins of life he would mis like his fine wives,money n ppty, If he goes against bokoharam because he would be hacked down by dem if he is nt loyal, bravo!! grin
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by Xmind1: 7:36am On Oct 04, 2011
If he can 't be sincere at least he has the option of keeping quite.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by daqskin: 8:28am On Oct 04, 2011
yuguda, grin, yuguda, angry, cheesy, wink, cry , yuguda, undecided, cry, lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by JimmyBoy1: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2011
This guy is certainly their Patron.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by gaskydudu: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2011
Amalaaba:

My friend, thank you for reading through my thought and replying in details as you have done. I think you actually twisted your facts, for example on Jos. Truth is constant.
You see, the beauty of debate is that we may not agree, but we would have an opportunity to put across one another's opinion. Abusing Yuguda would not evaporate the problem. lets examine his opinion; period. What if you are wrong?

The import of my submission is that we should solve the real cause of the problems we have and stop blaming Islam and/or resort to stereotype- it is dangerous! Two examples would do: While i was writing the first submission i had a middle aged woman shouting that Calabar people are bad; i rushed out quickly to say: "A man/woman is bad/good not because of his religion or race." I asked one of my Christian girls to listen to the song i was listening to which she was then complaining about, then repeat the song; she refused, because she cannot ask Allah for anything!

My friends, try to understand that we can never see things the same way. God knows why he did not make all of us Christians, whose ancient and recent history of killings are legendary such as in Rewanda and Iraq/Afghanistan. God knows why he has allowed 1.5 Billion Muslims to be different.

The wave of hatred towards Muslims is getting dangerous and i call on all well meaning Nigerians to let us find a solution for this problem instead of name calling. I know what Europeans did to the Jews for decades leading to the pogrom that lead the Hitler (A staunch Christian) to annihilate 6 million jews. I pray this would not happen to Muslims. Amin.

This is not hatred for the muslims. Don't twist things. Yuguda is totally wrong! why would he make remarks about a group that has killed so many innocent people? They are terrorists! He's represents the country, he has no right to make such remarks. If he were in the US or other developed economies, he would definately be arrested or interrogated.

Boko Haram is an Islamic extremist sect doing wrong in vain. That does not point out Islam as a bad religion. At least to me and other civil Nigerians.

Yuguda is a disappointment to this country!!!!! Gosh!!!
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by shumno(f): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
It is sad that people talk anyhow in this country and still get away with it. This governor should be arrested and interrogated on all he is saying, since he has a better understanding of what boko haram is all about. Abi the government is not interested in solving the problem? See person right under their nose, I don't understand [email] cry[/email]
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by Pukkah: 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2011
shumno:

It is sad that people talk anyhow in this country and still get away with it. This governor should be arrested and interrogated on all he is saying, since he has a better understanding of what boko haram is all about. Abi the government is not interested in solving the problem? See person right under their nose, I don't understand [email] cry[/email]

You can't arrest a Governor in Nigeria, he's one of those enjoying immunity courtesy of Section 308 of the Constitution.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by anointedf(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2011
Na Yuguda be dat. The guy just dey come out small, small.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by shumno(f): 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2011
Pukkah even when national security is threatened?
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by TenKobo1: 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2011
This man should be pitied not condemned, anyone who reasons through his utterances, will realise that the man is just trying to preserve his life. He is talking because he is the governor and is required to speak to the press even against his wish. Ask yourself why the Emirs and their other religious leaders are not speaking. Yagada or Jaguda knows that even the police cannot protect itself, so who will protect him when all the pillars of hell are broken and these mad dogs begin to rain carnage. So the best thing to do is be their image maker untill the dullard in Aso Rock comes up with a solution.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by Gbenge77(m): 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2011
thats rather disappointing ,coming from yuguda.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by amokwa: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2011
Isa Yuguda has more to say about BH.SSS should call him for questioning.
Re: Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda by Pukkah: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2011
shumno:

Pukkah even when national security is threatened?

No, you can't. Section 308 of the Constitution ensures that. The farthest you can go is to investigate him and suspend his arrest/trial until he leaves office. Even this investigation while in office was only granted by the apex court during the face off between the late Gani Fawehinmi and the former Governor of Lagos state, Bola Tinubu.

Remember that was why Diepriye Alamieyeseigha escaped to Nigeria and appeared at the state house in Yenagoa. He knew that although he jumped bail in London, they could not arrest him in Nigeria. It was not until his removal from office by impeachment, albeit controversial, that he was arrested, tried, and jailed.

If you're keen to have Mr Yuguda arrested and tried, it's either you wait for him to leave office at the expiration of his tenure or you get the state's House of Assembly to impeach him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacate The South, Asari-dokubo’s Group Ask Northerners / How Can We Present This Person As President In A Country Of 160 Million? / Strange Prophecies Somebody Did In 2014 That Is Becoming True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.