Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,230 members, 7,880,872 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:26 AM

Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff (37855 Views)

Handover Ceremony Of Rear Adm Emmanuel Ogalla, New Chief Of Naval Staff / Meet The New Chief Of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla / Biography Of Rear-Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo (New Chief Of Naval Staff) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by fergie001: 11:37pm On Jun 19, 2023
Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla was born on December 20, 1968, in Umuopu Enugu Ezike, Igbo Eze North LGA of Enugu State, Nigeria. He obtained the WASC from the NMS Zaria in June 1987, where he graduated as the best boy in Sciences. He had A1 in all subjects except English language. He is a member of the 39 RC NDA, graduated with a BSc in Maths and was awarded sword of honour as the best naval cadet in his course. He was commissioned S Lt on Sep 16, 1992 and rose to the rank of R Adm wef Sep 16, 2021. He completed the STC NNS QUORRA, Basic Hydrography National Hydrographic School India in May 2000, Junior and Senior Staff Courses AFCSC Jaji in Nov 01 and Jul 06 respectively. He was a participant of NDC Course 22 and was awarded fdc in Aug 14. As part of the Course, he took part in the MSc Strategic Studies programme, University of Ibadan from 2014 to 2015.

Ogalla served on board many ships including NNS AMBE, ARADU, LANA, EKUN, AGU, QUORRA, BEECROFT, DELTA and PATHFINDER. While on board NNS EKUN he took part in the ECOMOG Operations in Liberia in 1996. Also as the Base operations officer in NNS PATHFINDER, he was responsible for coordinating anti illegal bunkering operations as well the entire policing duties of the base. During the period there was a remarkable reduction in illegal activities in the maritime area within the base area of operations.

He also served as Instructor, CI and Comdt NNHS, SO 1 Survey and DD Instruments NNHO, ADCP, DD Hydro and DPR NHQ, as well as DS/ DARAS NDC and D Audit NASS NHQ. He is currently the DLL NHQ. During his cumulative 6-year tour of duty in NNHS, he taught geodesy, datum conversion, tidal predictions and analysis, satellite surveying, bathymetry, among others. As Comdt, he linked the School with Teledyn Marines, a reputable OEM in the US, which enabled the NN to procure several survey equipment from the company, leading to improvements in practical training. He was also instrumental to the review of the School’s curriculum to align with IHO requirements. During his tour of duty in the NNHO, the senior officer was instrumental to the localisation of tidal prediction and analysis. He participated in the FAO sponsored Guinea Current Large Marine Ecosystem survey in 2004 and provided professional inputs during the survey and production of the NNHO charts. During his tour of duty at the NDC, he contributed towards the improvement of the College research package and also led the 2018 participants research study tour to China and South Korea. As DLL he was responsible for collating and analysing previous NN Operations and activities with the objective of drawing lessons necessary for doctrinal and operational improvements.

Rear Admiral Ogalla is decorated with FSS, MSS, DSS and GSS. He is a member of the Nigerian Hydrographic Society, Nigerian Institute of Management, the International Earth Rotation Services and also a fellow of the Occupational Safety and Health Association of the UK. He is married to Mrs Ijeoma Ogalla and the marriage is blessed with 2 children. His hobbies include jogging, reading, listening and researching about science and nature.

SOURCE

68 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by SonOfEl(m): 11:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
[quote author=fergie001 post=123909298][/quote]

It's E.A OGALLA, I doubt if it's the one whose biography you posted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by Iamgrey5(m): 11:46pm On Jun 19, 2023
Very good CV.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by fergie001: 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2023
SonOfEl:

It's E.A OGALLA, I doubt if it's the one whose biography you posted.
A mistake from the SGF office, it's E I not E A.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by osuofia2(m): 11:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
Tinubu is a wonder boy. I was his critics but today I apologize to him. God bless Asiwaju. Buhari is a failure

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by oshozondii: 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
Navy and Air Force, book book.

Congrats oooo

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by ybalogs(m): 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
So Happy for this Guy ..Very dedicated ,humane and pleasant Naval Officer ..

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by DevilsEqual(m): 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2023
A government of national unity.

This is the only way forward, an inclusive government where all tribes/Regions are well represented even with the competent hands too

Even the NC do not feel like a minority group, same as the Northern Christians
BAT!!!

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by GeneralPula: 12:01am On Jun 20, 2023
Nice one..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:06am On Jun 20, 2023
The first igbo appointee.....jagaban fit win the heart of the igbos ooo.
Good one and congrats to the south east!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by Racoon(m): 12:12am On Jun 20, 2023
Congratulations on your appointment. First top shot position for SE in government. Kudus to Tinubu for this feat. However, the fight for the criminally acquired mandate continues.

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by Throwback: 12:17am On Jun 20, 2023
Tinubu's strength has always been his regard for outreach, even to his sworn enemies like Bode George.

I am certain that more Igbos would play prominent roles in the Tinubu administration besides the statutory ministerial appointments that cater to all states of the federation.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by ozo13(m): 12:23am On Jun 20, 2023
Racoon:
Congratulations on your appointment. First top shot position for SE in government. Kudus to Tinubu for this feat. However, the fight for the criminally acquired mandate continues.
e sweet me to see this ur comment.Tinubu is really a master in the chess game of politics grin

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by fadsam: 12:24am On Jun 20, 2023
Pepper dem

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by FreeStuffsNG: 12:26am On Jun 20, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE
Awesome! He is an ex-Boy and a Mathematician like the IG too. Very interesting.

Going by his place of origin in the profile then it's true that he is ethnically Igala but from the Igbo-dominated South East
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0SCBeksajmNmyGTUJSmMmq5Jpm17kxXuRJdzdaKdTckNj1mMVDRrue1kS65bvM8WKl&id=109837710777439

I find it very interesting to know this Igala group exists in such prominent number with prominent people in the South East yet hardly are they mentioned or identified as Igala. So Igala are this many in Nigeria? shocked This is their own time to rise as I expect them to get more appiontments from this administration so they can break free from the suppression by the other tribe(s) in South East.

Congratulations to you sir. Congratulations to the Igala. Congrats to the South East.
God bless Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by Tulsaguy: 12:49am On Jun 20, 2023
SpatialKing:

But you guys always say there were no other tribes aside Igbos in the South East region..

Just like you always push the narrative that there are no Igbos in the South South or North Central..

E.A Ogella is one of us and we are proud of him
Same with the Chief of Defence Intelligence

The old Eastern Region remains one

You are the one crying already

Mumunic Tinubu is determining your life already and you are saying he isn't your president.

e even tey sef.... If na me, una no go smell anything

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by SpatialKing(m): 12:54am On Jun 20, 2023
Tulsaguy:

Mumunic Tinubu is determining your life already and you are saying he isn't your president.

I should be asking you

13 Likes

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by SpatialKing(m): 12:55am On Jun 20, 2023
Tulsaguy:

I should be asking you
Because you guys make it look like Tinubu is the president of the south west

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by SpatialKing(m): 12:56am On Jun 20, 2023
Tulsaguy:

I should be asking you
Because you guys make it look like Tinubu is the president of the south west

Just like Buhari turned himself to a Northern president

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:17am On Jun 20, 2023
Maths brain,these are the marks men we need to use modern intelligence to combat terror and extinguish killers on high seas grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by NewDea4: 1:32am On Jun 20, 2023
osuofia2:
Tinubu is a wonder boy. I was his critics but today I apologize to him. God bless Asiwaju. Buhari is a failure

Buhari is no more ya darling daddy?

Sad, woeful creatures

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by TemplarLandry: 1:50am On Jun 20, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by Kwanza: 3:56am On Jun 20, 2023
Well-read but Maths again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by BigIyanga: 4:30am On Jun 20, 2023
Only 2 pikin?? People wey no get anything dey born 6-12 smh lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by osuofia2(m): 4:57am On Jun 20, 2023
NewDea4:

Buhari is no more ya darling daddy?

Sad, woeful creatures
You are mistaken me for someone else.

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by Highlife217: 5:02am On Jun 20, 2023
Congrats, hopefully Obi keeps him he becomes president shortly.
Re: Profile Of Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief Of Naval Staff by nnamdi640: 5:20am On Jun 20, 2023
LILTJAY:
if I was tinubu, animalistic flatheaddss will not smell anything
And will that stop them from becoming successful or what. Uncivilized way of thinking, just because they refused to vote for him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Welcomes John Kerry To Nigeria (photos) / LMAO Top Funny moments During the Elections- Synord / President Buhari Meets New Service Chiefs For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.