Stats: 3,170,602 members, 7,878,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:24 AM

I Got A Cat Pet... Yaaaayyyyy (picture) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Got A Cat Pet... Yaaaayyyyy (picture) (424 Views)

Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / I Need A Dog - I GOT A DOG, HIS NAME IS RANGER / Is It True That A Cat's Saliva Can Cause Permanent Blindness? (2) (3) (4)

I Got A Cat Pet... Yaaaayyyyy (picture) by Legitmenaija: 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
Hi everyone 👋, please i need some useful tips on how to take care of my Naija cat.

I just paid for her but she is still with the seller because she is still been nursed by her mummy.

Do I need to vaccinate the cat?

Can i use carton as litter box?

What is the best food to give her at this age (less than 2months?

I like cats generally but I have never had one. And my kids also likes it.

I just want to do everything possible to make the cat comfortable and also have fun while at it.

Re: I Got A Cat Pet... Yaaaayyyyy (picture) by bassdow: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
Legitmenaija:
Hi everyone 👋, please i need some useful tips on how to take care of my Naija cat.

I just paid for her but she is still with the seller because she is still been nursed by her mummy.

Do I need to vaccinate the cat?

Can i use carton as litter box?

What is the best food to give her at this age (less than 2months?

I like cats generally but I have never had one. And my kids also likes it.

I just want to do everything possible to make the cat comfortable and also have fun while at it.

Cats are sweet pets, who unlike dogs, don't get in the way much. On top of that, they know how to handle their mess.

1. Can i use carton as litter box? Get a somewhat wide shallowDeep plastic bowl and fill it half way with sand or buy litter material (which is like whitish smallish pellets) and place it at a conner of the room or passage and the cat automatically would know what to do. On rare situations, when they fail to, just pick them put and place them on it a couple of times, and that's all. Ensure you change it regularly (at least every 3 to 5 days) because Cats hates dirtiness and would refuse to use a dirty litterBox while messy.

2. Do I need to vaccinate the cat? Well except they fall ill, you need not. They're not like Dogs that needs one. What I would suggest is - get them a good multiVitamin and add it to their water in small quantity. it must not be a multiVitamin made for Cats. Those for Humans works also. Also if you could afford it, Neuter (or spay) the cat. There already are lots of cats needing care to allow them breed unnecessarily. It's not all that costly to begin with, though it's cheaper spaying MALEs than FEMALEs.

3. What is the best food to give her at this age (less than 2months? Smoked fish (don't forget to remove the bones), meat, sardine, dog canned food, moimoi, cat's food, rice, beans, parboiled eggs, etc. Also the seller should tell you what they feed theirs. One thing with cats, unlike dogs, is they don't eat much hence very economical.

I would suggest getting them in pair so they have a playMate especially since your kids wouldn't always be available to keep them company.
Also you need treat your Cats well because they're not like dogs you could maltreat and they would remian with you.

if you do any how, that cat you bought expensively (especially the exortic ones) could decide to run away.

Unlike dogs, grooming in cats is very easy as they care for themselves. Even if you want to bath them, it could be once or twice a year and there would be no issue.

Try to have contact of a vet knowledgeable with cats (most so called vets everywhere tends to focus on dogs) nearby just in case of emergency.

Re: I Got A Cat Pet... Yaaaayyyyy (picture) by advanceDNA: 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
When u by yourself carry village pple enter your house grin
Re: I Got A Cat Pet... Yaaaayyyyy (picture) by Legitmenaija: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2023
bassdow:
Cats are sweet pets, who unlike dogs, don't get in the way much. On top of that, they know how to handle their mess.

1. Can i use carton as litter box? Get a somewhat wide shallowDeep plastic bowl and fill it half way with sand or buy litter material (which is like whitish smallish pellets) and place it at a conner of the room or passage and the cat automatically would know what to do. I rare situations when they fail to, just pick them put and place them on it a couple of times and that's all. Ensure you change it regularly (at least every 3 to 5 days) because Cats hates dirtiiness and would refuse to use a dirty litterBox.

2. Do I need to vaccinate the cat? Well except they fall ill, you need not. They're not like Dogs that needs one. What I would suggest is - get them a good multiVitamin and add it to their water in small quantity. it must not be a multiVitamin made for Cats. Those for Humans works also. Also if you could afford it, Neuter (or spay) the cat. There already are lots of cats needing care to allow them breed unnecessarily. It's not all that costly to begin with.

3. What is the best food to give her at this age (less than 2months? Smoked fish (don't forget to remove the bones), meat, sardine, dog canned food, moimoi, cat's food, rice, beans, parboiled eggs, etc. Also the seller should tell you what they feed theirs. One thing with cats, unlike dogs, is they don't eat much hence very economical.

I would suggest getting them in pair so they have a playMate especially since your kids wouldn't always be available to keep them company.
Also you ned treat your Cats well because they're not like dogs you could maltreat and they would remian with you.

if you do any how, that cat you bought expensively (especially the exortic ones) could decide to run away.

Unlike dogs, grooming in cats is very easy as they care for themselves. even if you want to bath them, it could be once or twice a year and there would be no issue.

Try to have contact of a vet knowledgeable with cats (most so called vets everywhere tends to focus on dogs) nearby just in case of emergency.

This is soooo helpful. Thank you so much 🙏🙏🙏
Re: I Got A Cat Pet... Yaaaayyyyy (picture) by Legitmenaija: 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2023
advanceDNA:
When u by yourself carry village pple enter your house grin

No worry. This one dey very innocent 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂.

..... / Training On Fish Farming / How To Safely Spray Pesticide