Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,085 members, 7,919,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:45 AM

Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis (381 Views)

Lagos Bans Okada Operations In 4 More Local Governments / Soludo's Full Statement: Bans Okada And Tricycle. Curfew From 6am To 6pm / Ayo Fayose Boards An Okada In Lagos To Avoid Missing His Flight (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by orgria: 10:24am On Jun 21, 2023
The Cross River State Governor, Sen. Prince Bassey Edet Otu, has banned the operations of commercial motorcycles popularly called Okada, in Calabar metropolis.

The governor announced that the ban is “indefinite and total”.

The Governor gave out the directive issue by a Press Release and signed by the Cheif Press Secretary Emmanuel Ogbeche.

The statement warned that the is A total ban on the activities of all commercial motorcyclists within the Calabar metropolis. Noting that Those willing to use their motorcycles to earn a decent living are restricted only to remote areas away from the city centre.

Warning Anyone caught going against this directive will have the motorcycle impounded, and the offender prosecuted.

The Release also warned those involved in criminal vandalization of public amenities like street lights. lamp posts, traffic lights etc are advised to desist forthwith, as culprits will be made to face the full wrath of the law.

https://crossriverhub.ng/gov-otu-bans-okada-in-calabar-metropolis-issue-strict-warning-culprits/

Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by AsomughaChuks05: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2023
Now the ugly-looking keke will take over every part of the town. Almost all Nigerian cities now look like slums with those keke moving around.
Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by Ogene001: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2023
I was surprised to see okada everywhere in Uyo. When I tell you all that SE is far ahead and the standards are too high you will not understand
Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by Penguin2: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
Now the ugly-looking keke will take over every part of the town. Almost all Nigerian cities now look like slums with those keke moving around.

But they are safer because robbers don’t find it attractive to use for robbery because it doesn’t have speed and balance.

Again, it doesn’t break people’s legs like Okada.
Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by N3TRAL: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:
I was surprised to see okada everywhere in Uyo. When I tell you all that SE is far ahead and the standards are too high you will not understand

Where in Uyo?

1 Like

Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by Mrfeel: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:
You made this comment just so you can get negative response about SE , kid there is more to life than spending all your time sending and receiving negative energy on nairaland 24/7
Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by Ogene001: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2023
Mrfeel:

You made this comment just so you can get negative response about SE , kid there is more to life than spending all your time sending and receiving negative energy on nairaland
Negative response about south east is not my business. Just saying the truth. Major cities in the East banned okada long ago ahead of others. Owerri has even banned keke

1 Like

Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by Mrfeel: 11:06am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

Negative response about south east is not my business. Just saying the truth. Major cities in the East banned okada long ago ahead of others

And so what?
Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by Ogene001: 11:08am On Jun 21, 2023
Mrfeel:

And so what?
Whatever you make out of it is your business
Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by MisterBanny(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2023
Why are the States capitals banning Okada upandan? This will lead to loss of jobs but may improve the security situation anyways
Re: Cross River State Government Bans Okada In Calabar Metropolis by Mrfeel: 11:20am On Jun 21, 2023
Ogene001:

Whatever you make out of it is your business
What do you do for a living kid?

(1) (Reply)

How Okowa Fraudulently Amended DESOPADEC Law, Can't Account For N1.7tr -Clark / Igbo Will Leave Your Slum Tourism City Lagos For Their Region. / EU Mission Submits Report On 2023 General Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.