Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,243 members, 7,970,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:00 PM

Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw (1526 Views)

Elders From Igbo Speaking Part Of Edo State(igbanke) Storm KANU Father's Burial / Governor Akeredolu Breaks The Oke-alabojuto Myth (See Photos) / Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Tukpa8: 1:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
Myth Vs Fact

Myth: Ijaws are usually seen as cowards because they can't join Igbo people and fight for Biafra and free themselves from Nigerian government injustice.

Fact: Ijaw people are some of the bravest people in the African continent, our Ijaw leaders like King Obuge Igiom of Abua, King Jaja of Opobo, King Koko of Nembe, King Ibanichuka of Okrika etc, were the first to challenge British colonial government and some cases engage the colonial government in fierce arm battles, in Contemporary Nigeria Kaiama-Ijaw born Isaac Adaka Boro remain the first Nigerian to fight the Nigerian federal government and declared Ijaw land a separate country of its own but only surrendered himself to the Nigerian military government when the Nigerian army began terrorizing innocent Ijaw people. When we compare this with a man like Azikiwe who ran away Esme Biafra at the height of the Nigerian civil war and switched side to Gowon or when we consider Ojukwu who left his people at the height of the war and ran away to ivory coast. It becomes clear who are brave and who are cowards.

Photo: Ijaw warrior Adaka Boro with his brave Ijaw compatriots in the third marine division single handedly brought down Biafran army during the war (while Adekule the black scorpion took most of the credit)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by dododawa1: 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
God bless NIGERIA and NIGERIANS
Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by orion7: 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
Jaja was Igbo. At least I know that much

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Tukpa8: 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
orion7:
but he was later an Ijaw man....he reign as Ijaw king and died as Ijaw king.

1 Like

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
You conjure up imaginary conflicts in your head then look for a way to blame Igbos, you're not bothered about sanitizing the home front first and putting your affairs in order. Igbo man is the greatest problem of a rudderless Ijaw man. Wonderful cool

11 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Afonjanawerey: 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tukpa8:

Mumu i spit on you grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Tukpa8: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

Mumu i spit on you grin grin grin grin
mugu....he denounced his igboness and go spiritual rite before becoming Ijaw.
Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Ebi2233: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
orion7:

Jaja was a coward slave being sold like pants from one market to the other.
But when Ijaw make am Ijaw and give am ruggedity, he became strong.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Afonjanawerey: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tukpa8:
mugu....he denounced his igboness and go spiritual rite before becoming Ijaw.

Nothing is inside that your big for nothing empty head, spit on you once again grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Afonjanawerey: 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ebi2233:

Jaja was a coward slave being sold like pabts from one market to the other.
But when Ijaw make am Ijaw and give am ruggedity, he became strong.

Jaja was your King and your hero, Igbo man, be a man and kiss the truth grin

7 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Ebi2233: 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

Jaja was your King and your hero, Igbo man, be a man and kiss the truth grin

No, he was made Ijaw first.
Why did he name all his children Ijaw names and not Igbo names?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by JOemmy(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ebi2233:

Does it matter? You can't still take away his original igbo roots from him blood is thicker than water.

8 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Afonjanawerey: 1:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ebi2233:

I live in another country as a citizen but does it change me from being an Igbo, like the Lagos deputy Governor, this is why i say you have empty brain full of dustbin.

Jaja is Igbo man and so as his offsprings

8 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Ebi2233: 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

I live in another country as a citizen but does it change me from being an Igbo, like the Lagos deputy Governor, this is why i say you have empty brain full of dustbin.

Amayanabo of Opobo HRH D.
D. Jaja just ban Igbo in Opobo some few months ago.
Say Ijaw or nothing else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Afonjanawerey: 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ebi2233:

Amayanabo of Opobo HRH D.
D. Jaja just ban Igbo in Opobo some few months ago.
Say Ijaw or nothing else.

effort in futility, i speak igbo with my Igbo brethren where i live outside Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Tukpa8: 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

oya come and take him na... Obori
Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Whiteangel1234: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
Mostly born traitors like Adaka Boro fighting his Igbo neighbors in the 60's and Asari Dokubo currently doing the same .

During Niger Delta militancy no Igbo join the Government to attack Ijaws in the creek but today Asari and his Ijaw people have join Ebubeagu to attack us without regard that an Ijaw man Goodluck Jonathan is the reason Igbos are hated today by the APC government we took the fall and suffer it for 8 yrs and if nothing change for the next 16 years

4 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Afonjanawerey: 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tukpa8:

Are you making any sense so? you can't stop people from speaking their native languages all over the world, i don't know the nonsense you are talking about.
if that lip service from your new king make you happy and masturbate ... good for you

4 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Afonjanawerey: 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tukpa8:

Why should we come and take them away the people living in their ancestral land? my point is ..... they are Igbos grin grin grin grin
the truth hurt you so deep

4 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by enemybulldozer(m): 3:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tukpa8:
Myth Vs Fact

Myth: Ijaws are usually seen as cowards because they can't join Igbo people and fight for Biafra and free themselves from Nigerian government injustice.

Fact: Ijaw people are some of the bravest people in the African continent, our Ijaw leaders like King Obuge Igiom of Abua, King Jaja of Opobo, King Koko of Nembe, King Ibanichuka of Okrika etc, were the first to challenge British colonial government and some cases engage the colonial government in fierce arm battles, in Contemporary Nigeria Kaiama-Ijaw born Isaac Adaka Boro remain the first Nigerian to fight the Nigerian federal government and declared Ijaw land a separate country of its own but only surrendered himself to the Nigerian military government when the Nigerian army began terrorizing innocent Ijaw people. When we compare this with a man like Azikiwe who ran away Esme Biafra at the height of the Nigerian civil war and switched side to Gowon or when we consider Ojukwu who left his people at the height of the war and ran away to ivory coast. It becomes clear who are brave and who are cowards.

Photo: Ijaw warrior Adaka Boro with his brave Ijaw compatriots in the third marine division single handedly brought down Biafran army during the war (while Adekule the black scorpion took most of the credit)
You have come again today with your usual lies and propaganda. Have you forgotten that am here for liars and propagandists like you?

Now, let me dissect this junk you came up with, I will start by telling you that you and your cohorts should stop this dick measuring you lots are fond of doing with the great Igbos. Besides Igbo is not the only tribe in nigeria I don't know why you liars and deceivers chose Igbo for your dick measuring contest. Ijaw is no match with the Igbos and you know this from your innermost hearts.

King Jaja of Opobo you mentioned was once an Igbo slave yet he ruled your people as a king. Asari dokubo's ancestor was an Igbo commoner but when he got to Ijaw land he became a great man to the extent that his descendants like asari is now a very big figure in ijaw land today.

Your adaka (gorila in Igbo) declared a republic that lasted less than 10days because he couldn't defend it.
He later joined his enemies (nigerian govt) to fight the people (Igbos /biafrans) he was supposed to join forces together with, to achieve what he wanted.. and this heavy mistake of him made him to die by the bullets of adekule who wants to take all the glory for himself.
Boro failed because he allowed himself to be blinded by hate and foolishness. He paid the ultimate price for not using his brain.
You cannot compare boro and ojukwu because, when boro declared a republic that couldn't last for 10days, Ojukwu in the other hand declared a republic that lasted for 3 good yrs because he stood his ground and defended it out of his intelligence and bravery. And this was what adaka boro was lacking.

In conclusion, ijaw is no match to the great and indivisible Igbos take it or leave it.

6 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by paramakina202: 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tukpa8:

Ijaw as a tribe doesn't exist that is why an Igbo man can become Ijaw man tomorrow, no be juju be that?

4 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Afonjanawerey: 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
enemybulldozer:
You have come again today with your usual lies and propaganda. Have you forgotten that am here for liars and propagandists like you?

Now, let me dissect this junk you came up with, I will start by telling you that you and your cohorts should stop this dick measuring you lots are fond of doing with the great Igbos. Besides Igbo is not the only tribe in nigeria I don't know why you liars and deceivers chose Igbo for your dick measuring contest. Ijaw is no match with the Igbos and you know this from your innermost hearts.

King Jaja of Opobo you mentioned was once an Igbo slave yet he ruled your people as a king. Asari dokubo's ancestor was an Igbo commoner but when he got to Ijaw land he became a great man to the extent that his descendants like asari is now a very big figure in ijaw land today.

Your adaka (gorila in Igbo) declared a republic that lasted less than 10days because he couldn't defend it.
He later joined his enemies (nigerian govt) to fight the people (Igbos /biafrans) he was supposed to join forces together with, to achieve what he wanted.. and this heavy mistake of him made him to die by the bullets of adekule who wants to take all the glory for himself.
Boro failed because he allowed himself to be blinded by hate and foolishness. He paid the ultimate price for not using his brain.
You cannot compare boro and ojukwu because, when boro declared a republic that couldn't last for 10days, Ojukwu in the other hand declared a republic that lasted for 3 good yrs because he stood his ground and defended it out of his intelligence and bravery. And this was what adaka boro was lacking.

In conclusion, ijaw is no match to the great and indivisible Igbos take it or leave it.

I would never go this deep with that nonentity, they are not worth it, i can only go deep with our co-major ethnic groups in Nigeria (Yoruba, Hausa.

4 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by TinubuDcrook: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
Mental health issue from the helinues syndrome

4 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by enemybulldozer(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ebi2233:

He was made ijaw first, how? even if he named his children ijaw names, its still doesn't matter nor mean anything. For example, I have a cousin brother that gave his four children english names will that, turn them to be english automatically?

6 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by enemybulldozer(m): 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

I would never go this deep with that nonentity, they are not worth it, i can only go deep with our co-major ethnic groups in Nigeria (Yoruba, Hausa.
I did it for our readers because I know people are going through our comments. Not because of that lying werey.

4 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Afonjanawerey: 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
enemybulldozer:
I did it for our readers because I know people are going through our comments. Not because of that lying werey.

I understand bro, great day

4 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Tukpa8: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
paramakina202:

Ijaw as a tribe doesn't exist that is why an Igbo man can become Ijaw man tomorrow, no be juju be that?
mugu he was a slave bought by the Ijaws and owned by the Ijaws..
What do you want the Ijaws to do with a slave they already bought and owned? Should they killed him or should integrate him to the Ijaw society?

Why should I returned what I have already bought with my money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Tukpa8: 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
enemybulldozer:

igbo is greater than Ijaw...? Oboy u be mugu.

Ijaw is one of the greatest tribe in africa...Ijaws are always greater than your online igbo.

ojukwu used Ijaw oloibiri oil money which the eastern government hijacked to sustain the war.....Great and infallible warlord and prophet Isaac Boro used only his personal money to sustain his republic for 12 good days.

The infallible great and almighty warlord Isaac Boro did the right thing which God sent him for by fighting Ijaw enemies called biafrans.

Isaac Boro will forever be celebrated by southern nigerians every year

1 Like

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Tukpa8: 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

Why should we come and take them away the people living in their ancestral land? my point is ..... they are Igbos grin grin grin grin
the truth hurt you so deep
another Ijaw spotted
Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by paramakina202: 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tukpa8:
mugu he was a slave bought by the Ijaws and owned by the Ijaws..
What do you want the Ijaws to do with a slave they already bought and owned? Should they killed him or should integrate him to the Ijaw society?

Why should I returned what I have already bought with my money

Ijaw is non existent. A tribe without language that is why so called slaves still speak igbo language as mother tongue till tomorrow.
All the kings of Bonny and Opobo are igbos. BTW many Igbos freely migrated to kalabari and settled who were never a slave to nobody.

5 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by enemybulldozer(m): 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tukpa8:
igbo is greater than Ijaw...? Oboy u be mugu.

Ijaw is one of the greatest tribe in africa...Ijaws are always greater than your online igbo.

ojukwu used Ijaw oloibiri oil money which the eastern government hijacked to sustain the war.....Great and infallible warlord and prophet Isaac Boro used only his personal money to sustain his republic for 12 good days.

The infallible great and almighty warlord Isaac Boro did the right thing which God sent him for by fighting Ijaw enemies called biafrans.

Isaac Boro will forever be celebrated by southern nigerians every year
Mugu wey pass you no dey this world.

The fact remains that ijaw is not even in 5000th (if there is anything like that figure) most greatest tribe in africa. Stop selling this your over flogged junks.

Ojukwu used his father's wealth and resources found in the then eastern region, which includes palm and crude oil in Igboland to sustain the war.

Your adaka (gorilla) was nothing but a fly that can only be celebrated by some ijaw mumu. I don't know why you are making it look like the whole southern nigeria celebrates him.

4 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Fact From Igbo And Ijaw by Tukpa8: 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
paramakina202:

Ijaw is non existent. A tribe without language that is why so called slaves still speak igbo language as mother tongue till tomorrow.
All the kings of Bonny and Opobo are igbos. BTW many Igbos freely migrated to kalabari and settled who were never a slave to nobody.
Ijaw remain the best tribe created by God in his likening..
Ijaw even predate Israel Nation....it wise to say israel came from Ijaw due to some similarities.

Ijaw is the greatest tribe in africa..

though, Ijaw is the 3rd largest tribe in nigeria behind Hausa and yoruba

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Pays Condolence Visit To Akeredolu’s Family ( Pictures) / Aisha Yesufu Knocks Obaseki, List Governor’s Sins, Ask Him To Stop Complaining / Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.