Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,804 members, 7,972,876 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:15 PM

My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands (2739 Views)

The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos / My Travel Experience To East Africa / Nigerians In Cayman Island Gather Here Let's Talk . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Slimszy: 3:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
I will be sharing pictures of my trip to Cayman Islands
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Slimszy: 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
There was no direct flight from Abuja to Grand Cayman, so I had to fly from Abuja to Lagos first.

Image 1 - Mirror selfie in Abuja
Image 2 - Mirror selfie in Lagos

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Slimszy: 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2023
Everything was smooth, as I had to part with some thousands so as to avoid all them airport staffs drama.

Ps: It's a choice if you want to give or not. But packaged bambiala plenty somehow.

We boarded and flight to took off at exactly 10:55pm Nigeria Time.

8 Likes

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Biola67: 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
enjoy…
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Sweetvie: 10:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
Following
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Beedessa: 2:35am On May 22
Slimszy:
There was no direct flight from Abuja to Grand Cayman, so I had to fly from Abuja to Lagos first.

Image 1 - Mirror selfie in Abuja
Image 2 - Mirror selfie in Lagos
Good morning sir. I am seeking advice on how to travel to the Cayman Islands from Abuja without going through the USA or UK routes. Can you help me with that as you have already gone through this process? I am a student who got a study visa to the Cayman Islands but the transit is the next step. Thank you
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Slimszy: 10:07am On May 22
Beedessa:

Good morning sir. I am seeking advice on how to travel to the Cayman Islands from Abuja without going through the USA or UK routes. Can you help me with that as you have already gone through this process? I am a student who got a study visa to the Cayman Islands but the transit is the next step. Thank you

Hi, the easiest route is traveling through the UK. It's quite easy. Apply for UK transit visa and you get it in a week or 2 weeks. For other routes (Jamaica, Cuba, France) I tried, it never worked out.

1 Like

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Unclebayo(m): 1:20pm On May 22
Slimszy:

Hi, the easiest route is traveling through the UK. It's quite easy. Apply for UK transit visa and you get it in a week or 2 weeks. For other routes (Jamaica, Cuba, France) I tried, it never worked out.
hello sir pls how is cayman Island, can you tell us small about the country?

1 Like

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by peleson1: 5:12pm On May 22
Nice
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Beedessa: 5:03am On May 23
Thank you.
Slimszy:

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Slimszy: 6:46pm On May 23
Unclebayo:
hello sir pls how is cayman Island, can you tell us small about the country?

Hi Cayman Island is quite a pretty small country with about 50k populace (Grand Cayman). If you are into hospitality, you can get a job easily there. Quite very expensive to live in and the pay are not very competitive.

You can have an idea about jobs and pay via ecaytrade.com

Cayman Islands is not a place you can build for a long time as no benefits in staying a long period.

Although, very beautiful and peaceful country.

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Legacy911x: 7:06pm On May 23
Slimszy:

It’s a pity that I’m just seeing this now. I was denied boarding at the airport just yesterday to travel through Panama to Jamaica for same different PNR reasons.

Please assist me with the process I can take to apply for UK transit visa. I’m exhausted. If you can provide me with any of your contact, I will appreciate. Please
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by olurotimi(m): 1:00am On May 24
Getting a UK Transit visa would require flight booking on British Airways,duly completed Transit visa application form, passport photo, copy of destination visa, copy of passport data page.
You could source any additional information on British airways website.

1 Like

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Slimszy: 12:10pm On May 25
Legacy911x:
It’s a pity that I’m just seeing this now. I was denied boarding at the airport just yesterday to travel through Panama to Jamaica for same different PNR reasons.

Please assist me with the process I can take to apply for UK transit visa. I’m exhausted. If you can provide me with any of your contact, I will appreciate. Please

Hi, sorry to hear about your experience. I was denied boarding too the first time through this route. I just sent you an email

1 Like

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Legacy911x: 12:12pm On May 25
Slimszy:

Hi, sorry to hear about your experience. I was denied boarding too the first time through this route. I just sent you an email
Thank you. I really appreciate . I just replied your email
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Beedessa: 9:00am On Jul 07
I just got my uk transit visa. Thanks for the advice. I would be able to travel through the UK to Cayman Islands now. Appreciate the assistance.
Slimszy:

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by AdisaMighty: 10:38am On Jul 07
Share the process for the benefit of everyone please.
Beedessa:
I just got my uk transit visa. Thanks for the advice. I would be able to travel through the UK to Cayman Islands now. Appreciate the assistance.

1 Like

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Originalsly: 12:27pm On Jul 07
Slimszy:

Hi Cayman Island is quite a pretty small country with about 50k populace (Grand Cayman). If you are into hospitality, you can get a job easily there. Quite very expensive to live in and the pay are not very competitive.

You can have an idea about jobs and pay via ecaytrade.com

Cayman Islands is not a place you can build for a long time as no benefits in staying a long period.

Although, very beautiful and peaceful country.

Are you still in Cayman Islands?
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Beedessa: 8:03pm On Jul 12
Honestly all information is on the ukvi website. I didn't do anything special. I just applied and submitted my documents.
AdisaMighty:
Share the process for the benefit of everyone please.
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Beedessa: 8:08pm On Jul 12
Can I have your email address? There is a question I would like to ask privately if you don't mind. Thank you
Slimszy:

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Bybellman: 7:19am On Jul 30
Beedessa:

Please did you submit bank statement for the UK transit visa? Cos I’m being sponsored for a trip and have a stopover in the UK and I don’t really have strong bank statement for the application
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Beedessa: 11:17am On Jul 31
Yes, I submitted bank statements for the UK transit visa both for myself and the person sponsoring the trip (who in my case is my mother) bank's statement
Bybellman:

Please did you submit bank statement for the UK transit visa? Cos I’m being sponsored for a trip and have a stopover in the UK and I don’t really have strong bank statement for the application
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by gnykelly(m): 7:22pm On Jul 31
How do someone apply for cayman Visa.
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Ozone007: 8:35pm On Jul 31
Which one still be Cayman island again?
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by tosinhtml: 3:16am On Aug 02
First time hearing Cayman Islands in my life, this world is truly big.

Colonised by the British.
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Quester: 9:09am On Aug 02
[quote author=Beedessa post=130926979]Can I have your email address? Do I need to outrightly book my flight before applying for uk transit visa or I can apply using my itinerary
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Quester: 9:13am On Aug 02
Do I need to outrightly book my ticket before applying for uk transit visa or I can apply using my itinerary
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Ilabegangan: 6:01pm On Aug 12
I am heading to cayman island in a month time as my work permit is approved.

But I will like to get information on the UK transit visa. There are two types, transit through border or just airline area without getting through border.

Which am I to pay for? Attached is the picture of the option

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Ozone007: 6:14pm On Aug 12
Ilabegangan:

But I will like to get information on the UK transit visa. There are two types, transit through border or just airline area without getting through border.

How did you apply for the work permit and what is the cost? I'm about to start the processing of Spanish business visa and the price is on the high side so, I'm considering other options
Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Tired9jaran: 9:06am On Aug 13
Ilabegangan:

How much did the work permit cost and what is the nature of the work??

Any documentation and what dre cost thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Xirinino: 7:06pm On Aug 16
Looks amazing!

1 Like

Re: My Travel And Stay In Cayman Islands by Originalsly: 6:47am On Aug 17
Let's look before we leap. The OP started out very well.... with high hopes while we be waiting impatiently for him to share his travels. He is on his way and to date ... shared nothing about his arrival nor his stay in Cayman Islands. Is it he is that busy?...or something went wrong?

FYI ...Cayman Islands is small ... has a very small population ... no room to "get lost in the crowd". Tourism is their main thing ... so as a tourist... you're welcomed. To go for a job .... have all the paperwork on point ... or else? Maybe OP should testify. BTW ... Cayman Dollar is stronger than USD ... one CD is 82 cents US. Why wouldn't the world rush to get there?.... and why wouldn't they be super strict to prevent the world from settling there? Food for thought... I'm out

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Denmark : The Greencard Scheme 2016 / Can Someone Relocate From Enugu To Lagos With Just 20k / Brt Lite Go Live In Lagos By Lamata.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.