Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,840 members, 7,945,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) (497 Views)

Davido Shops For His Squad In Dubai (Photos) / Zlatan Ibile Held By SARS, Special Anti-Cultism Squad / DMW Full Squad In New Group Selfie. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) by Arisenews2: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
I’m a YouTuber and a hardworking young man! I had a very dehumanising and traumatic experience with men of the Nigerian Police Force last night in Calabar. Precisely, men of the police anti Cultism squad. I did nothing, and wasn’t guilty of any crime. But they nearly killed me!!!

Yesterday, the 22nd day of June, 2023 at about 10 - 11pm, I was going to drop off a friend who visited.

I was driving (a Lexus) through Eta Agbor when I was accosted by men of the anti cultism team, just in front of the MTN office. They flashed their light and asked me to stop, I obeyed without delay.

I immediately opened my car, so they could conduct their usual search. The officer who stopped me yelled at me, asking me to come down from the car. While I was about doing that, one of them pounced on me, slapping me in the eyes. He slapped me severally while dragging me outside. Asking if I was trying to argue with an officer, even when I hadn’t uttered a word. He also called me a kidnapper, and said I am trying to kidnap my female friend (the same girl he would later slap). Another kicked me on the back, and they kept descending on me. Asking for my phone (Which I had no problem giving them if they had insisted), they kept hitting me, asking me what I do, who owns the car, why I drive a tinted car and many more.

They continued to brutalise me, I didn’t struggle nor argue with them. Another cocked his gun and threaten to shoot me. I was still confused and didn’t know my crime. They asked me to open my boot, with fears in my eyes, I did everything they said. They searched everywhere, including my boot, and didn’t find anything incriminating, yet they kept hitting me. One started hitting my car, destroying and pulling off my tint.

One of them asked the girl I was carrying to also step down, and surrender her phone, but before she could alight from the car, he landed her a very hot slap. I still don’t know what her offence was.She is still in pains! Although, I could hear some of his colleagues asking him why he had to do that to a girl.

At this point, one them asked me where I come from, and from his intonation, I could tell he is from my part of the state. I told him, and immediately started speaking the bette dialect of Obudu with him. At this juncture, he felt I knew him from somewhere, and became uneasy, and somewhat considerate. He then asked if I was a Yahooboy, and I said “NO”. The other officer then cocked his gun and threatened shooting my leg, but he asked him to leave me alone, that I was his brother. That was my only saving grace. They grudgingly left me, asking me to leave immediately. After panel beating me, from the pictures attached, you could see blood in my eyes. I don’t know why they chose to beat me up even when I didn’t argue nor do anything to them. I’m still wondering what my offence was.

I have eyes issues, and got a tinted permit from the state CID since 2021, I use glasses. I’m not a yahooboy and I strongly kick against such vices, I’ve never had any crime record. I still don’t know why they beat me up. I’m currently battling with pains all over my body, I’m traumatized and afraid for my life. I just hope they know I’m not a criminal and don’t deserve what they did to my female friend and I. I could be their brother, and she could be their sister.

I honestly don’t deserve this. I’m not a Yahooboy, not a cultist, Never been guilty of any crime, and I didn’t argue with them. What did I do to them?

If the police who are to safeguard and protect her citizens, keep being threats to our lives, who do we run to when in need of protection? I’m currently traumatised and hurt.

P/S
They were men of the anti cultism squad, and are stationed at the cultural centre complex in Calabar. There wore black mufti and some were in red beret. They look scary and some bearded too.

It’s well!

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) by Oblongata: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
Police force on Nigeria are highly unprofessional! All these their PRO and Co knows the truth most times they only chose to say rubbisb!
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) by SalamRushdie: 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
I don Taya there is nothing IG of police has not done to these people but they dont change , if it was the outgoing IG still in office I bet you we would report this and they will be dismissed but this new IG I doubt he will have time for such
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) by lordchiz(m): 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
Guy find out the area they started chasing you....so that people can identify which policemen were stationed there so as to put them in trouble....they need outright dismissal!
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) by HeartlessMan: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
And you put this in the Celebrities Section because you think you are now famous abi?

Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) by Arisenews2: 5:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
lordchiz:
Guy find out the area they started chasing you....so that people can identify which policemen were stationed there so as to put them in trouble....they need outright dismissal!

They are men of the anti cultism squad, and are stationed at the cultural centre complex in Calabar.
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) by Leopoldm: 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
Thats just robbery and assault
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) by isholapeter9(m): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
Join them or military…….
That’s the beginning of their fear so far u day naija.
My one naira tot though.
Gbera……Ire ooo
Re: How Men Of The Anti Cultism Police Squad In Calabar Manhandled Me..(photo) by lordchiz(m): 6:14am On Jun 24, 2023
Arisenews2:

They are men of the anti cultism squad, and are stationed at the cultural centre complex in Calabar.
Very good .....Na to carry this your story put for Twitter be that ooo

(1) (Reply)

Cardi B Denies Cheating, Offset Cries After Been Blasted / Davido Pepper Wizkid FC As He Buys New Timeless Diamond Chain “I Turn Sand Into / Moment Davido Introduce Shallipopi To Gov. Ademola Adeleke & His Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.