Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,666 members, 7,914,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:44 AM

Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade (611 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Celebrates Son, Michael's Graduation From University / 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. / Top 10 'Small Girls With Big God' In The Nigerian Entertainment Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by sundaysamuel31: 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2023
[img] https://samsunblog.com/wp-content/themes/soledad/images/penci-holder.png [/img]

Nollywood celebrities, according to well-known actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, introduced Nigerian entertainment to the world long before social media and Afrobeats entered the picture.

The screen diva basked in the euphoria of being associated with movie stars who conquered the globe and broke down barriers through their artistic endeavors.

[url] https://samsunblog.com/2023/06/23/wizkid-is-set-to-launch-a-jewelry-line/ [/url]

The Instagram user known only as Omosexy shared clips from classic films from the 1990s and 1920s, including Yankee Girls, Games Women Play, Blood Sisters, All My Life, and Kosorogun.

She alluded to how sentimental watching the clips made her feel when she said that someone had sent them to her.

[url] https://samsunblog.com/2023/06/23/before-afrobeats-we-took-nigerian-entertainment-worldwide-omotola-jalade/ [/url]

The 45-year-old actress captioned her post with: “#Tbt Someone sent me some of these vids and it was nostalgic… lol.

“Despite the subpar quality and lack of social media, these films broke down barriers,” Prior to Afrobeats. We… gave the world a taste of Nigerian entertainment! We fought the world, and we still do.

She continued to plead for their indulgence, “Name the Movies you know… Lol.”

1 Like

Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by dawnomike(m): 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
She's right about that... But so did Nigerian music of Fuji, juju, highlife etc

2 Likes

Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by OloyeVIII: 12:09am On Jun 24, 2023
Well, i don't agree with this..
Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by Reflect7: 1:39am On Jun 24, 2023
dawnomike:

Not as much as Nollywood.

Nowhere near.

Nollywood broke a lot of barriers and records.

It was because of Nollywood that Nigeria became a household name across Africa and the black diaspora nations like Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad etc.

One might even argue that it was their familiarity with Nollywood, and consequently, Nigerian pidgin and mannerisms, that made their patronisation of Afrobeats easier and more logical.

3 Likes

Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by Praxis758: 1:50am On Jun 24, 2023
The boom of our music industry in the 70s and 80 made way for the movie industry.

For example Sony Records made King Sunny Ade as replacement for Bob Marley after the former died in 1982.

So, the music industry the toured the world in the 70s and 80s was the foundation.
Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by dawnomike(m): 2:17am On Jun 24, 2023
Reflect7:

Not as much as Nollywood.

Nowhere near.

Nollywood broke a lot of barriers and records.

It was because of Nollywood that Nigeria became a household name across Africa and the black diaspora nations like Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad etc.

One might even argue that it was their familiarity with Nollywood, and consequently, Nigerian pidgin and mannerisms, that made their patronisation of Afrobeats easier and more logical.

I quite agree with your line of thoughts

1 Like

Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by Nahunger(m): 2:20am On Jun 24, 2023
Before Nollywood Fela Anikulapo kuti was, is it the village love under tree or the rituals or the journey to bring back an egg in the evil forest that you expect to chat or feature in us Showbox top 100 lol not even in the next 100 years can nollyplank achieve that feat...

I rather watch Indian film than waste 10minutes on a dumb Nigerian film with zero creativity or even a 1/100 rating plot
Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by princemillla(m): 3:18am On Jun 24, 2023
dawnomike:

Fuji, juju and highlife are nigeria product they remain unchanged. But her claim is valid.
I remember back in the days how artist strive hard to balance. The game was real with the likes of tetulah
Eedris Sasha P, chemistry azadous plantazion boy, tribesmen etc. The game change with the likes of terryG Ay.com clever jay we started hearing new stars etc

Omotola has been there with the old and she is still trending. I give it to all artist existing with the old protocols and now

1 Like

Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by Vinnie2000(m): 4:06am On Jun 24, 2023
VERY TRUE from Omotola.👍🙂

Nollywood in the early 2000's was MASSIVE in Africa.

A Sierra leoneoan Friend of mine whom I worked with 2008
told me that when Aki and Pawpaw visited their country in 2005
The crowd was so much that the Stadium almost Crumbled. shocked smiley
After it was repaired after they left.🙂
Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by MarketDispatch: 5:09am On Jun 24, 2023
[quote author=sundaysamuel31
.”[/quote]

Then what did Baba Fela give the World before she came to limelight?
Re: Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade by webdev008: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2023
Godsplan89:
Good day, get your data at an affordable price now. Works for all network and it can be easily shared
25gb- #2500
50gb- #4,500
100gb- #8,000
Message 09160392479 on whatsapp now
God bless as you patronizing

He is a scammer... Stay away.

Details of the scammer:
Full Name: AYANTOYE STEPHEN ADEMOLA
Bank Name: First Bank of Nigeria
Account Number: 3108286406
Phone number: 09160392479

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Lagos Court Remand Naira Marley and Sam Larryin Prison / Wizkid And Sisters During Their Mother's Candle Night, So Emotional � / Viral Video Update: Actor Hanks Anuku Breaks Silence, Seeks Nigerians Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.