Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,174 members, 7,973,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:58 AM

AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 (58124 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Nigeria: 81% (147 votes)
Guinea Conakry: 18% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Mcleo007(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2011
Its plain simple, Siasia has not gotten to the level Nigerians place him. He lost the game for lack of a tactical nous. No reasonable coach plays a high tempo match with 2 midfielders and 4 strikers. To make matters worse, he withdrew one of the two midfielders and the team collapsed. So sad!. He really has a lot to learn.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by marutimon: 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2011
Akainzo:

Libya and Sudan figures are wrong!  To normalise things, CAF would remove the points for the last p,aced team, that way ALL teams would be judged against 3 teams. You therefore have to normalise Libya and Sudan's figures.

Nope. They are right. Libya has 8 points, while Sudan has 7 points and a +1 GD.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by adevest: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2011
Guinea deserved to be at the nations cup. They played well in an away game even when they were down and only few minutes to go.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by JaaizTech: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2011
Now it is official we are out. Sudan and Libya will take the best loser spot. Libya-- 12 points; Sudan-- 13points+
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by lynkyinka(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2011
eeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaa
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by doctokwus: 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2011
D score just captures d state of our nation:land of anything goes
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Africason(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2011
Akainzo:

Libya and Sudan figures are wrong!  To normalise things, CAF would remove the points for the last p,aced team, that way ALL teams would be judged against 3 teams. You therefore have to normalise Libya and Sudan's figures.

Actually, the bottom teams' matches have already been removed. If the scoreline had stayed 2:1, Naija would have qualified due to Ghana beating Sudan earlier today. The table below with Naija currently  on 5 points and + 3 goals would have been  Naija on 7 points and +4 goals. Sudan would have been on 7 points but + 1 goal, which means Naija would have qualified witth the 2:1 scoreline!

P      W     D      L      GF    GA     GD  PTS
Libya    4    2    2    0    2    0    +2    8    
Sudan    4    2    1    1    3    2    +1    7    
Angola    4    2    0    2    4    5    –1    6
Nigeria    4    1    2    1    8    5    +3    5    
Cameroon4    1    2    1    4    4    0    5    
CAR     4    1    2    1    3    3    0    5    
South Afri   3    1    1    1    3    2    +1    4    
Zimbabwe 3    1    1    1    2    2    0    4    
Gambia    3    1    0    2    4    5    –1    3    
Burundi    3    0    2

Well, little bros, Ghana tried lending you a helping hand but that last minute equalizer spoilt it for Naija!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by phreakabit(m): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2011
[size=15pt]Wouldn't waste my time watching the Ghana friendly match. I would rather watch Bollywood movies (GOD forbid!).

NB: The God forbid is both for Nigeria and Bollywood movies[/size]
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by BetaThings: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2011
ITL:

Don't cry because there's no goodluck in football,it only works in PDP primaries!

LOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

You are debunking some myths.
Goodluck Nigeria
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by sshalom(m): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2011
Too bad that we couldn't win the match but this is not the time to sack any one. That has always been our approach in the past and it has led us nowhere.

Siasia is not a bad coach but he made a grave mistake in leaving the midfield bare with the remove of Joel Obi and this left chasing the ball too often.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by geefivez(m): 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2011
He said the result will not be favourable but we will still qualify
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2011
i am happy we did not qualify.

at least it will save us more heart ache and foreign currency
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by marutimon: 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2011
JaaizTech:

Now it is official we are out. Sudan and Libya will take the best loser spot. Libya-- 12 points; Sudan-- 13points+

No. Libya is through. Sudan still has to wait for results in other matches. At the moment Uganda is tied with Sudan (unless goals are scored) and there would be a rematch.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by otokx(m): 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2011
practice and saying the truth will take us far than prayer; because the prayer of a sinner is an abomination to God. Our players every one of them lacked commitment while the Guineans played according to instructions.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2011
I de laugh because I no fit cry
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by polokor60(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2011
the ghost of Shaibu Amodu at work again tongue tongue
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Ibime(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2011
SiaSia should absolutely not be sacked.

Its been at least 8 years since I saw a SE team that can create 20 chances in a game.

If you want to know what the future would look like in a SE without SiaSia, go watch the away match in Conakry where the boys could not create more than two chances. And that's the exact same way Amodu team used to play.

Let's have the wisdom to apply ourselves properly. SiaSia should not be sacked because he was not in charge for the whole campaign. If he was not chasing the game today due to the loss in Guinea, tactics woulda been very different. We've been very unlucky today cos we could have won this game by 5 clear goals.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by phreakabit(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2011
sshalom:

Too bad that we couldn't win the match but this is not the time to sack any one. That has always been our approach in the past and it has led us nowhere.

Siasia is not a bad coach but he made a grave mistake in leaving the midfield bare with the remove of Joel Obi and this left chasing the ball too often.

True, He is not a bad coach he is a terrible coach, who fights with all his "tools" like a bad workman. And he should be FIRED not sacked (sacked sounds a lil more subtle than the latter).
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by JaaizTech: 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2011
sshalom:

People say Nigerians are intelligent; but reading online comments usually makes me feel Nigerians are naive. I believe Siasia took a big risk, and He should have normalised the midfield after we scored the 2nd goal, there was no point taking the risk anymore. We have paid dearly for it, but is not a reason to sack him, I actually enjoyed our football today; what we need to do is to build on it. There are times like these, when big teams fail to qualify; it happened to England. They have stuck to Capello, despite an unimpressive world cup, that is because sacking the coach isn't always the alternative option, but giving him time to correct his mistakes rather than employing another coach to come make his own mistake and start all over again.But I wonder how they will play the Ghana friendly!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Babamide(m): 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2011
Seems like everyone in the super eagles team is against the success of the team. Hope they gave the guinea boys man of the match and other awards. Siasia should be redeployed to his under 17 team. Naija wenger.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Wizkhalifa2(m): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2011
LYK 4REAL RE YALL SAD WE ALL KNW THE SUPER IDIOTS RE USELESS, INFACT KUDOS 2 DEM 4 DRAWING, I PREDICTED A LOSS,
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by presido1: 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2011
Even Libya Qualified under heavy bomberdment. This Sudan, is it the new one or both of them?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by ogbongzky(m): 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2011
Libya and Sudan qualified as best losers having 12 and 13 pts respectively. We would have qualified if we didnt concede that stupid late goal. Nigeria , Ghana friendly match should be cancelled or played with local players. So annoying**
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Amaechi5(m): 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2011
And again siasia shouldn't be sacked after all there is politics in nigeria football cause of money.When there was little money in football we had great players as of then,now football is money all the politicians are bring in useless players and forcing them on the coach
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by BetaThings: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2011
Nigeria want to defeat Ghana, Cameroon etc
I don;t want us to play beautiful football
Leave all that to Arsenal

Siasia should honourably resign
Otherwise we will start our own "Occupy NFF House" Campaign
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by yemoxtra(m): 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2011
The problem with Nigeria is always disunity no love imaging somebody saw what will happen today last week and explained how to go about it to avoid this dissapointment but what happen? Insults on him, well am even sure when siasia heard about this prophesy he must have laughed over it and also rubbished it. Well it's very painful but i pray that next time we all will put aside our religious differences for the sake of our national interest after all paul the octopus was neither a christian or a muslim or,
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by supaeagles(m): 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2011
time to rebuild and come back stronger! (don't we say this all the time??)
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by phreakabit(m): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2011
[size=17pt]Siasia AKA Silver Surfer. Should be deployed to the Falcons team where he and the girls can enjoy gossips and verbal altercations daily. Lets see how he will apologize to each Nigerian PERSONALLY.[/size]
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2011
' The Prophet' said Guinea is gonna  win by 1-nil,  If he is a true prophet, he should have gotten the scoreline right and even gone to the extent of telling us the full name of who the scorer is gonna be.  Typical prophesy of throwing pieces of mud on the wall and watching which 1 sticks.

I can't believe some Nigerians are so daft in believing such a vague prophesy.  

You don't have to be a prophet or soothsayer to know before this match that we might not qualify, It's my country, a country we know so many fucck ups happen.

Imagine TB Joshua's supporters coming here and celebrating him as a 'true prophet',  Mumu and gullible supporters.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by BetaThings: 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2011
yemoxtra:

The problem with Nigeria is always disunity no love imaging somebody saw what will happen today last week and explained how to go about it to avoid this dissapointment but what happen? Insults on him, well am even sure when siasia heard about this prophesy he must have laughed over it and also rubbished it. Well it's very painful but i pray that next time we all will put aside our religious differences for the sake of our national interest after all paul the octopus was neither a christian or a muslim or,
What was the prophesy about Spain winning the WC?
Brazil losing to Holland at the world Cup?
Uruguay winning Copa America

You don't need prophesy to be a good coach
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by alldone(m): 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2011
the attackers messed up. The midfielders worked hard.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by stagger: 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2011
I thought of going to the stadium to watch this game, but I remember the way Nigeria-Tunisia played out and I held back. No as I dey here dey chop my wife pepper soup, I am very glad I did not go.

Too many old legs in the Super Eagles. Siasia must indeed be a goat to put Emenike who is playing in Russia at this time of the year (when their winter has started) to play 90 minutes as a pointman in Abuja where the temperature sometimes exceeds 40 degrees centigrade. Who advises these people?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Morata Finally Speaks On His Outrageous Performance Against Arsenal Yesterday / Mikel Obi Trains With His Family After Retiring From Super Eagles / Nigerians Now Drawing The New Jersey On Their Body Instead Of Paying 41k For It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.