Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? (39653 Views)

19 Year Old Man Marries Two Wives At A Time In Bauchi. / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Error401: 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Werey grin grin grin
tensazangetsu20:
To have bleeped at least 50 olosho with smelly pussy.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Imstrong2(m): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
dapotemi:

A healthy, personal relationship with your maker... Every other thing is what Yoruba called "panti", that is refuse....The richest man ever lived, King Solomon says it's all vanity and does not define YOU!
If you have that relationship, then you will have rest of mind, you will worry less and watch God takes care of you and yours...
Don't let anyone tells you it's a big house, cute kids, beautiful wife, money in the bank, passport/visas , thriving biz or good job..Rather tell tell them to look at Noah, he has all of this and even more but what happen, he lost everything in the twinkle of an eye but MUCH MORE was restore to him because he has the most important one, a healthy relationship with his maker...You should rather focus on that and stop chasing refuse in d dump site.
On the flip side, you're now in the second half of your life, and that is if you're lucky o, time to reshape your vision and focus on d most important thing ..
JOB you meant

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by dapotemi: 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Imstrong2:
JOB you meant

Yes please..Thanks for the correction.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Olichoke: 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
I'm in my early thirties. All fingers are not equal. Some people begin lives at zero, some with a little, some with nothing, some are born into affluence, and some are born into liabilities. But the conclusion of everything is this, consciously work and pray to be a better version of yourself on a daily bases. Some may lose everything they begin with, some may maintain what they met at birth and some may be pioneers of prosperity in their lineages. All things being equal. But all things can not be equal.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Olawrites: 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
Age is just number.

Life is short and we keep getting happy seeing new day and year, meanwhile our life subscription is getting exhausted gradually.

We came to this life with nothing and we will return back with nothing.

Build your family.

Be happy

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
GOOD AND HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Anonymous0001: 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
Being ALIVE and Good Health Remember many has gone at even age of 1-39 years old
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by goshen26: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
If you live in Nigeria in the last 9 years and you didn't commit s*icide you've achieved alot

3 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by meobizy(f): 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
Everybody na trillionaire for Nairaland. Mscheew.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by juman(m): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
When nigeria was good, I knew market traders with primary school certificate that in their late twenties already buying brand new peugeot 504, 505. At that age some of them already built houses.

It was military generals that destroyed the country.

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Free2Fly: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2023
maasoap:

All these Elluup clowns and their warped mentality. Always trying to bring politics into every discussion! When will you guys learn to respect the choices others made even when you don't like it?

Hasn't it occurred to you that your dad might have accidentally impregnated your mum before both were ready?

No one is going to respect any stupid choice you ignorantly make that'll impact negatively on his life.

If your choices are going to destroy others in addition to yourself, then don't make it.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by nkemjacob2(m): 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
Don't put urself under pressure.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by bonnyhope: 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:
I just clocked 40 year old and I feel as if I have not done well for myself. May be because I had always set a standard, hence my high taste and expectations.

Now goes the question,as a Nigerian,what achievement do one expects from a 40years old man irrespective of his education?

First of all

Tell us what you have achieved

Then we can relate
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by ufotty2001: 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
highchief1:
wetin be the thg when get outside family when u Dey call achievement.by my rating u r failing.materially I have everythg,houses business cars but I also have a family.and I’m 38.I have been married for over 10yrs now.Watch ur life and do the necessary corrections now.There’s really no achievement outside family.
Why u dey give advice as if me and u dey querrel.. I did not intentionally stay unmarried..
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by ford101: 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:

U are indeed intimidated and weak.

Highly unmotivated and that is why u have nothing to contribute but quarrel which is also a product of where u reside.

Poor soul,everything shouldn't be fight.

Sorry,if I have just intimidated u.
I can't believe you are 40. You are a fool at 40.at 40 you should have made peace with your self.and strive for happiness and good health.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by adekeyesolomon(m): 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
1. Rest of Mind.
2. Progress in pursuit of happiness.
3. Love and be love.
4. Happy family ether married or single.
5. Trusted friends.
6. Being a blessing to others.
7. Independent.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Free2Fly: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2023
gard9ner:

I don’t understand bro, what is he intimidated about?

Unfortunately I got to this thread late but you can still find the pony in my contribution. Most writers here have said well, so @40 besides peace of mind and a sustainable means of livelihood, the only thing missing is your relationship with God, how have you lived your life.

Let me just be brief, you see you can even acquire the whole world (which is of course what I assume you and some others feel that those are what life is about), and forget that you came without a pin and so shall you return unto dust. Many don’t believe in after life so they live anyhow, well even if you don’t believe in life after death atleast live a life worthy of emulation, make resounding impacts, touch humanity and live a life that something remarkable will be read about you in your eulogy and lastly fulfil your destiny.

If at 40 you haven’t asked God or your creator to reveal your purpose in life then you haven’t lived, don’t get it wrong, I’ve an abundance of worldly possession (not to brag but of course this is a faceless forum, those that know u know) so the point is, life isn’t about material gains or achievements but your topic of discuss here is much more complex and deeper than most think, thanks.

Cheers to being 40!

You're wrong here, bros.

At 40, everyone should have lived long enough to discover there's no God(those who invented religion just created that concept).

That's exactly the age I reached my own realization.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by PAQ(m): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
As a Nigerian, by the age of 40 it is expected that;
1. You should be married.
2. You should have kids.
3. You should have a house or in the process of having
one.
4. You should be self sufficient
5. You should have dependants (that money is not meant for only your wife, kids & you)! sad
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Exceed15: 3:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
All these evaluation will only plunge you into depression. Enjoy where you are now while planning ahead for a better life.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by vickydevoka(m): 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:
I just clocked 40 year old and I feel as if I have not done well for myself. May be because I had always set a standard, hence my high taste and expectations.

Now goes the question,as a Nigerian,what achievement do one expects from a 40years old man irrespective of his education?
Omo no be by age o. If u no get u no get
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by occfx: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:

Wife and kids, house of your own, business of your own... And good caring of your parents and parent in laws.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Fairview1: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
Jolly1010:
After your secondary school education, you went for apprenticeship instead of going to the University. You learned the trade, became a boss of your own and acquire a degree and every other thing you mentioned at 25. You are not saying the absolute truth.

Yes, I completed my secondary school in 2011, exactly the same day when I turned 18, served my boss for 7years and got settled in 2018. Established my first business, and took up admission few months after with NOUN, while running the business concurrently, and even diversifying our interests and employing more people. I just truned 30 few months ago.

I convocated March 25th this year (2023) and have equally bought Covenant University MBA form for my Professional Master's In Business Administration Degree, I have gone for the screening, wrote the general requirement exams and passed, now awaiting their provisional admission letter from the MBA admission committee.

Dreams are valid only if you are willing to pay the price of discipline and and engage the force of diligence. Any Dream. I shared this story because as a Christian, I understand the impact of testimony and how it can inspire faith in us when we seek to read and listen with a meek heart and have zero doubt in our minds.

I wish you success in all you are doing, and pray that God will connect you with those who are going forward that will lead you to your destiny helpers. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Fairview1: 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2023
bilo1:
@Fairview1;Your write up is really touching,emotional and inspiring to me.without doubt this is probably one of the best write ups i have ever read since i joined nairaland,it would be amazing working with u

Thanks man. God bless you abundantly. We may not be able to work with us now, but we can always keep in contact via WhatsApp. The future is pregnant and who knows what it has for both of us. Kindly reach me through let's take it up from there.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by ubola: 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2023
An AVERAGE wife who earns 40k to take care of herself only. 5 kids which am training to survive in the street if matters become worse

A JOB of 100k/month

A property in the village (parlour and 2 rooms inherited from my late father)

An account balance of 45K, waiting to get 80k salary in 2 weeks time after 20k is deducted from loan sharks.
Have built a network of connections with the right people.

Must have a voice in your family.
No passport, nobody will feed my kids if I japa.

Visited Cotonou, Lome and Ghana in search of greener pastures and found out that Nigeria is better. I'll be starting bolt business with my rx 330 to buy more food for my kids. I'll not kill myself, I thank God for sustainability and life.

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Klass99(f): 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2023
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Sirchiboy: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
ubola:

An AVERAGE wife who earns 40k to take care of herself only. 5 kids which am training to survive in the street if matters become worse

A JOB of 100k/month

A property in the village (parlour and 2 rooms inherited from my late father)

An account balance of 45K, waiting to get 80k salary in 2 weeks time after 20k is deducted from loan sharks.
Have built a network of connections with the right people.

Must have a voice in your family.
No passport, nobody will feed my kids if I japa.

Visited Cotonou, Lome and Ghana in search of greener pastures and found out that Nigeria is better. I'll be starting bolt business with my rx 330 to buy more food for my kids. I'll not kill myself, I thank God for sustainability and life.
How did you manage to buy car?

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Sirchiboy: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
Fairview1:

Yes, I completed my secondary school in 2011, exactly the same day when I turned 18, served my boss for 7years and got settled in 2018. Established my first business, and took up admission few months after with NOUN, while running the business concurrently, and even diversifying our interests and employing more people. I just truned 30 few months ago.

I convocated March 25th this year (2023) and have equally bought Covenant University MBA form for my Professional Master's In Business Administration Degree, I have gone for the screening, wrote the general requirement exams and passed, now awaiting their provisional admission letter from the MBA admission committee.

Dreams are valid only if you are willing to pay the price of discipline and and engage the force of diligence. Any Dream. I shared this story because as a Christian, I understand the impact of testimony and how it can inspire faith in us when we seek to read and listen with a meek heart and have zero doubt in our minds.

I wish you success in all you are doing, and pray that God will connect you with those who are going forward that will lead you to your destiny helpers. Amen.
What skill did you learn for 7 years?
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by UnfairLife7(m): 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2023
Sirchiboy:
What skill did you learn for 7 years?
I think business. He served his master for 7 years and got settled afterwards
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Realiskit(m): 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2023
Social media is indeed a medium for oppression.
Who set such standards? Be grateful with what you have and others to breathe.

Nice2023:

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Slymontee: 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:

No matter what you have achieved, if you have not wholeheartedly invited Jesus Christ into your life as your LORD (Boss) and SAVIOUR (God), you will continue to feel empty, underperforming and unfulfilled!
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by judedwriter(m): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Peace of mind.

👍
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by NaijaCover(m): 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:

Start Blogging Business And You Will achieve alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Kids Nanny Is Leaving - Urgent Advise / Is It Right For A Man To Bath His Own Daughter Who Is Over 3 Years? / My 6 Years Old Daughter Surprised And Humbled Me.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.