Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,128 members, 7,946,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:07 AM

Don't Trap Yourself. What They Didn't Tell You About Emotional Attachment. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trap Yourself. What They Didn't Tell You About Emotional Attachment. (487 Views)

She Didn't Tell Me She Had A Child. / My Fiance Has A Child And He Didn't Tell Me / What Your Mum Didn't Tell You About Sex(Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Trap Yourself. What They Didn't Tell You About Emotional Attachment. by Xenry: 9:00am On Jun 26, 2023
This has been in my mind lately, I have been thinking about it and now decided to write it down to you guys. Might delete it later.
It's about EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT.
It is not talked about but it can cause you a lot of damages.
This happens when you are way too comfortable with people to the extent that you start to feel like you need them, and this feeling can extend to being dependent on them.
When you are too comfortable with someone, you will start having an uncommon feeling around them. It's more like the feeling of appreciation. You will start to feel more like yourself around them, and be open to them.
Since this is a very uncommon feeling, it creates dopamine that makes you feel good and relaxed around them.
And this will make you open up to them and discuss personal information about yourself with them. And if not careful, this can lead to disclosing your secrets to them.
While this will feel good at the moment, it is a dangerous adventure that will create emotional attachment.
Anybody you are emotionally attached to can influence your life. With too much influence, they can control you. Unfortunately, what controls you can destroy you too.
Now you ask why? Let me explain.
When you are emotionally attachment, it creates the fear of detachment. You will adhere to the person's will so that they will keep being pleased with you. And you will become afraid of losing the person because they know too much about you and they can ruin your life with the information they have about you.
Remember, nothing lasts long enough to become yours completely and this includes friendship and relationships. Friends will go their separate ways eventually. Brothers will get married and belong to their wifes who will eventually have children that she will devout her life to, and eventually the children will later go their separate ways, have partners who they will also devout their lives to, and the circle continues. So, It can't be utterly yours.
If you it can't last long enough to become yours completely, then you shouldn't be attached to it, especially emotionally.
What develops emotional attachment?
1. When you share way too much personal information: you would then want to stick around so that why won't fvck you up with the information they have about you.
2. When you tell them your secrets. That's even worse. Don't do it. They're called secrets for a reason.
3. When you lend them money or personal item: you will feel like sticking around and staying in good terms with them to have the chance of getting your money or stuff back.
4. When you feel too comfortable around them.
The downside of being emotional attached is that it will eventually cause distractions, paranoia, dependency, etc.
I can't think of any good side of it because there isn't one.
Avoid getting emotionally attached to people so that you won't be affected, moved or embarrassed by whatever they do or say.
How do you avoid it?
I will tell you few ways to get emotional detached. I have some works to do, I may complete this post later.
1. Don't get too comfortable to the point where you feel you need them, or where you feel dependent on them. If you find yourself getting too comfortable around someone, it's time to withdraw.
2. Don't lend people money that you can't afford to lose. Or don't lend money at all, you can dash them the money instead.
3. Don't tell anyone information that are too personal to you. And more importantly, don't open up to them or tell them your secrets, they might use it against you later.
Remember, treat every friend like a potential enemy. Speak as if you are being recorded. And don't say or share more than is necessary.
Re: Don't Trap Yourself. What They Didn't Tell You About Emotional Attachment. by TemplarLandry: 9:00am On Jun 26, 2023
cool
Re: Don't Trap Yourself. What They Didn't Tell You About Emotional Attachment. by talented321: 9:03am On Jun 26, 2023
One bag of weed for u
Re: Don't Trap Yourself. What They Didn't Tell You About Emotional Attachment. by thesolutions(m): 9:09am On Jun 26, 2023
If this is weaponized, Next is hangman.
Re: Don't Trap Yourself. What They Didn't Tell You About Emotional Attachment. by Nasri100(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2023
This is worries for una wey dey do relationships grin
Re: Don't Trap Yourself. What They Didn't Tell You About Emotional Attachment. by Xenry: 10:06am On Jun 26, 2023
Nasri100:
This is worries for una wey dey do relationships grin
It can affect anyone, not only those in a relationship.
Re: Don't Trap Yourself. What They Didn't Tell You About Emotional Attachment. by Nasri100(m): 10:21am On Jun 26, 2023
Xenry:
It can affect anyone, not only those in a relationship.

You do have a point but its mostly a relationship thing with opposite sex.

I have friends and i know my limit on what i can share with them.

(1) (Reply)

Why Men Like Older Women / Three Reasons My Father Told Me Makes A Woman Say 'yes' To A Man / Deleted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.