Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,672 members, 7,882,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:23 PM

N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? (3444 Views)

Timaya - M.O.N.E.Y Lyrics Ft. Flavour Nabania / Album Review: The Art Of Wizkid "A.Y.O" Album Is Bland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? by Bisbelcall(f): 3:26am On Oct 04, 2011
Ne-Yo Lyrics. Ne-Yo Profile. Artist Name: Ne-Yo Birth Name: Shaffer Chimere Smith Birth Date: October 18th, 1982. Birth Place: Arkansas Genre(s): R&B ,

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/celebrity/ne_yo/profile.html
Re: N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? by deekseen(m): 7:18am On Oct 04, 2011
You are atleast 5 years late with this. Immediately he dropped 'so sick' curious and inquisitive guys found out he is Nigerian and the news circulated.
Re: N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? by Bisbelcall(f): 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2011
Thanks ,
Re: N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? by mbatuku1: 11:25am On Oct 05, 2011
No. He's not. Neyo is of chinese and african american heritage.
Re: N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? by ajekpaks(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2011
mbatuku1:

No. He's not. Neyo is of chinese and african american heritage.

Dude Please do Your Home Work Before You Post Abeg,

WiKiPeDia:

Early life

Ne-Yo was born in Camden, Arkansas, and baptized as Shaffer Chimere Smith. "Chimere" is a name originating from the Igbo language in Nigeria meaning "God's Deed".[3] His mother is a mix of African American and Chinese descent, and his father is African American;[4] both were musicians. As a young child, he was raised by his mother alone after she separated from his father.[5] In hopes of better opportunity, his mother relocated the family to Las Vegas, Nevada. While he was in the Las Vegas Academy, Smith adopted the stage name "GoGo" and joined an R&B group called Envy.[6] The group disbanded in 2000, and Smith continued to write songs for other artists before starting his solo career.
Re: N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? by mbatuku1: 11:40am On Oct 06, 2011
^^^

Bearing a nigerian name does not make one nigerian. You should know that. Moreover, Neyo had dissociated himself from that source.
Re: N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2011
[size=13pt]I think that guy is partly Nigerian someway with what i have read from his WiKi smiley[/size]
Re: N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? by Revolva(m): 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2011
Hhahaa bearin a Nigerian name does not make you a Nigerian even if you bear Nigerian name and you were not bron here in Nigeria, you are not a citizen here Ok,
I have some Black american friends, who have afrian names Ok, infact i met one on faceboo whose name is Alajuwon , i asked him if he was NIGERIAN HE TOLD ME HIS MOM GAVE HIM THAT NAME, FROM FORMER DREAM TEAM BASKETBALL PLAYER, HAKEEM OLAJUWON, So she carved out Alajuwon, and gave him, even.

Rapper Nas father had to change his name to Oludare, after touring Africa, wih his music band , many of them, but people like Chamillionaire, Wale, Sade, are Nigeria roots
Re: N-e-y-o Is From Nigeria? by eghost247(m): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2011
yeah yeah so what

(1) (Reply)

Blackface Album is superior than Faze and 2face album this time............ / Jessy Jags Is The Greatest And M.i The Hotest! / Notorious Big's Daughter Honours Late Dad With Tattoos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.