Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG (11131 Views)

Senate Approves $500m Loan For Metering Nigerians / $500m Loan: No Plan To Take Over Nigeria’s Sovereign Right — China / Vanguard Editorial Rejects $500m Loan For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Ombudsman1: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2023
Lipen:
screenshot the pictures you saw here then called me and verify if I'm the person or not

GET LOST. DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Lipen: 11:06am On Jun 28, 2023
Ombudsman1:

GET LOST. DONT QUOTE ME AGAIN
I'm trying to prove to you that I'm not using someone else's condition or pictures to decive people,
It doesn't call for insult please
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by baralatie(m): 11:12am On Jun 28, 2023
Well the debt keeps mounting
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by baralatie(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2023
And with that another devaluation of the naira is coming
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2023
Gbam 💪🏿
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by SemperFid: 11:19am On Jun 28, 2023
IboHausaYoruba:
I will advise Jagaban to be a step ahead of these developed nations using IMF borrowing to plung us into poverty. They don't mean well for us because they know if Nigeria gets it right, the whole of Africa will be liberated. They benefit more from our penury because that's what sustain their own prosperity. Wise up Jagaban, don't take that loan.

Tinubu wife apply for loan to push women affairs, the loan get approved u your self open your rotten teeth to ask tinubu not to accept the loan.

Are you mad?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Rebuke: 11:19am On Jun 28, 2023
Obinwenite:
Why is it that some certain people that defended buhari for 8yrs is the same defending Tinubu?…. Something is not right.

Because they have no brain. Suffering and smiling...what do yhu expect of slaves with low mental faculty?
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by slimfit1(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2023
prophetfire:
. Tinubu have started his own borrowing? Is that what he's going to be doing too?
borrow money to buy cars and pay for senators.
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by SemperFid: 11:30am On Jun 28, 2023
prophetfire:
. Tinubu have started his own borrowing? Is that what he's going to be doing too?

Lol common man go soon turn to ordinary man. Maybe by then he go get sense.

Hahahaha
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Royalpee: 11:32am On Jun 28, 2023
TINUBU!!!
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by SemperFid: 11:34am On Jun 28, 2023
Where are those tinubu supporters that said LP supporters will learn lessons immediately after tinubu win. How far?
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by baralatie(m): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2023
prophetfire:
That is what happens.
I guess
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Barims(m): 11:50am On Jun 28, 2023
Righthussle:
Another loan? Make Una kukuma change the country name to BarceLONA

You got it wrong 👉 BarceLOANer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Basicend: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2023
Baba has invested much into the elections. . He floated and devalued the Naira quickly so that his masters can give him more loans. .

Hmm, I hope he will just use up to 200m dollars there for something that we can see. .

I hope. . hmm.
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Basicend: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
Funke

To do what ? All the savings on subsidy removal no do

More loans WB. . Next explore China's facility window. . Una go learn. . by force. .
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by casualobserver: 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
Funke

To do what ? All the savings on subsidy removal no do

I don’t think you and many others understand the subsidy savings. We were borrowing to fund subsidies and we couldn’t pay (govt owes NNPC for subsidies). What removal of subsidy does is to stop the borrowing for subsidies meaning we no longer have to borrow and incur debt to pay for subsidies (which we were not able to do anyway)

Our income has not increased, there is no “savings” all that removal does is our debt burden has reduced. There is no addition income or savings as a result of subsidy removal only less debt obligations.

It’s like your child has been in school and you’ve been owing school fees. In the last few years you’ve not been able to pay to fees but the debt is growing. Your child finishes school, so no more school fees but does that mean you have additional cash? No! It is only the man who was able to pay the school fees without borrowing or was able to pay the loan that will save money because the child has finished school. You didn’t have money to pay before, even though there is no more fees (subsidy). You still have no money.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2023
casualobserver:

I don’t think you and many others understand the subsidy savings. We were borrowing to fund subsidies and we couldn’t pay (govt owes NNPC for subsidies). What removal of subsidy does is to stop the borrowing for subsidies meaning we no longer have to borrow and incur debt to pay for subsidies (which we were not able to do anyway)

Our income has not increased, there is no “savings” all that removal does is our debt burden has reduced. There is no addition income or savings as a result of subsidy removal only less debt obligations.

It’s like your child has been in school and you’ve been owing school fees. In the last few years you’ve not been able to pay to fees but the debt is growing. Your child finishes school, so no more school fees but does that mean you have additional cash? No! It is only the man who was able to pay the school fees without borrowing or was able to pay the loan that will save money because the child has finished school. You didn’t have money to pay before, even though there is no more fees (subsidy). You still have no money.

I understand your explanation very well and am not ignorant of it either ,but I want to believe this is the excuse our leaders give to avoid accountability

Make ask in line with your explanation who funds NNPC Or where does NNPC get the money to import the fuel or his NNPC getting the fuel in credit from the foreign refinery ?
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by casualobserver: 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
Helpfromabove1:

I understand your explanation very well and am not ignorant of it either ,but I want to believe this is the excuse our leaders give to avoid accountability

Make ask in line with your explanation who funds NNPC Or where does NNPC get the money to import the fuel or his NNPC getting the fuel in credit from the foreign refinery ?

NNPC is a separate entity even though it is owned by the government and has its own independent finances. It has been the one carrying the burden of subsidy on behalf of the govt. The resultant effect of this is that not only was the remittance to the govt lower but the debt from subsidy is housed in NNPC as a debt owed to NNPC by the govt.

Actually I was totally wrong, not only do we excise ourselves from the subsidy burden, there will be increased income now that we are selling at the market rate. I believe even the FAC allocation for last month was up.

As for accountability, I think the effect of the Obi phenomenon is that all tiers of government will sit up. The fear is that he is a one time wonder, I doubt he will have the same impact next election cycle leading to complacency.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Munamu: 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I'd advise you pray for yourself and family. Don't put your hope in this government. Once your family is OK that's fine. You and I were in this country when they said 250 naira to a dollar wasn't OK in 2015, that they'd reverse it. I'm sure you know how much the dollar is today and their blind supporters are praising them for impoverishing the common man. Even those praise singers are worse hit by their bad economic policies.

If your family is blessed, you'd not even bother yourself over their activities anymore. A friend came to visit me yesterday and said his former colleague who owns Konga is now number 20 on the list of the richest people in Nigeria. That's the type of news that should excite you and I, work hard and engage God in your doings. He bought 30 brand new trucks recently . He wants to go into logistics now and call it Konga logistics. He's diversifying, you see. He's richer than many of the thieves who are in government today.

God bless u for this. Words like this should be front page materials

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Unaevince: 2:12am On Jun 29, 2023
prodigiousman:

Source: https://punchng.com/world-bank-okays-fresh-500m-loan-for-fg/

Pls no loan this time. The money the present govt is making now cos of subsidy removal is enormous. See the maths (437-195)*3million ltrs daily excess money N585 million daily(N17.55 billion monthly or N210.60 billion yearly). So if subsidy is not removed, the should have sold this country. God forbid, the President should manage this excess resources judiciously not extravagantly or sharing the loot that has been their ways in Nigerian governance.

Enough of borrowing in whatever form, he should look into productive ventures in the long run to sustain economic development like agriculture, other minerals mining. President Tinubu should use his head as an accountant and assemble Nigeria Enginneers and scientist to help him create wealth in this country. Management without production is useless. It is high time we do not rely entirely on oil to sustain this economy.

Work on renewable energy/green energy, research on GMOs, AI, Machine Learning (ML) in ITs for applications production and marketing to the international community should be intensified.

Governance is not only spending money but generating resources in a productive way not by exploitative means as taxes and levies.

God bless us and God bless Nigeria.
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by OneCandleAway(f): 2:37am On Jun 29, 2023
Unaevince:

Pls no loan this time. The money the present govt is making now cos of subsidy removal is enormous. See the maths (437-195)*3million ltrs daily excess money N585 million daily(N17.55 billion monthly or N210.60 billion yearly). So if subsidy is not removed, the should have sold this country. God forbid, the President should manage this excess resources judiciously not extravagantly or sharing the loot that has been their ways in Nigerian governance.

Enough of borrowing in whatever form, he should look into productive ventures in the long run to sustain economic development like agriculture, other minerals mining. President Tinubu should use his head as an accountant and assemble Nigeria Enginneers and scientist to help him create wealth in this country. Management without production is useless. It is high time we do not rely entirely on oil to sustain this economy.

Work on renewable energy/green energy, research on GMOs, AI, Machine Learning (ML) in ITs for applications production and marketing to the international community should be intensified.

Governance is not only spending money but generating resources in a productive way not by exploitative means as taxes and levies.

God bless us and God bless Nigeria.

Insecurity?

You didn't mention that. Tourism would have been an easy money maker like Ghana is doing but insecurity will not allow us enjoy that. Even investors in agriculture in the north are being chased away.
At the end they don't charge the few terrorists they catch, rather feed them and give them money and those ones will go back to terrorism after graduation
Re: World Bank Okays Fresh $500m Loan For FG by Unaevince: 3:03am On Jun 29, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Insecurity?

You didn't mention that. Tourism would have been an easy money maker like Ghana is doing but insecurity will not allow us enjoy that. Even investors in agriculture in the north are being chased away.
At the end they don't charge the few terrorists they catch, rather feed them and give them money and those ones will go back to terrorism after graduation

President Jagaban and Shettima promised tackling insecurity head-on and this is the time for them to perform that feat.

Yes, Tourism, Hospitality, entertainment, arts and crafts, industrialization, infrastructural development and so on, all these should contribute to national GDP and remove pressure from oil, with oil money channeled to mainly on development and not sharing by receiving jumbo salaries and emoluments.

Leadership should be creative and not retrogressive and exploitative.

God bless us and Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Closes-down Benin Golf Club / BREAKING: PDP Delegates Ekweremadu, Others As Technical Advisers To Atiku / The Arise-Tv Debate Would Be Airing Every Sunday For The Meantime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.