Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,870 members, 7,933,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:49 PM

Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! (22646 Views)

Does Andrew's Liver Salt Prevent Pregnancy? / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / Girl How Do I Get Rid Of My Stretch Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by razznaija(f): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2011
my sis had that problem too, she had mixed castor oil, olive,shea butter, coconut oil and vitamin E oil (or try looking for grapeseed oil) together and the stretchmarks were almost completely gone within 5 months, i hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by eyitiade(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2011
A friend of mine applied pure honey consistently to her stretch marks and they were virtually cleared. I don't know if its a 100% clearance but they were much better (after two kids)
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by weaseloo: 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2011
I used Palmers stretch mark cream, and another palmer's oil based cream (cant remember the exact name), and then olive oil.
The itching was just unbearable. You need to experience it to know that sometimes you cant help it. Guess what, I still have nasty stretch marks on my belly, I still have not gotten over them after 2 years.

I think it is just genetic. My cousin that has 2 children does not have a single stretch mark on her.

Just keep an open mind about it. When the time comes do your best to prevent it, but if it does not work, dont kill yourself over it (like me).

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by prince0(m): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2011
Spermatozoa does the magic, ask ur husband to donate to u three times a week and rub it on ur tommy.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by Sleekjd(f): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2011
Wow! What an educative thread. When the time comes, I now know how to go about it. I guess ones genes count. My mum is 53, n after four kids her tummy is so smooth n firm. Not a single stretch mark on her.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by hbrednic: 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2011
you can use snake oil,works real good.it also wipes out scars from surgical operations.
make sure you get the original one.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by oladayo042: 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2011
Very educative thread.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by princyluv(f): 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2011
I know where to get his shea butter (ori) in lagos, this is going to be in my memory bank for a long time,
I cant shout o, I want my wife to still look attractive to me even at 60,
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by 8807: 10:17am On Oct 06, 2011
Truly educative perspectives and comments.

Shear Butter - wonderful.
Vitamin E enriched creams - Superb
BioOil - Maybe not so encouraging

Thanks guys for your interesting insights. However, although genetics plays a significant role in skin tone, colour, texture etc., I would like to you to please comment on the place of fruits and exercise in all of this.

My fiancee will be needing all this information soon, Hopefully she'll ask me where I got all the information from and I'll just tell her "shugs, thank baby.me for posting this on nairaland", that's if she knows nairaland sha, ,lol wink
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by queenesthr(f): 1:39pm On Oct 06, 2011
Rub original snake oil on your tummy throughout the pregnancy - from the first month.

After delivery start using shea butter for at least six months.

This is a fool proof way to not only avoid stretch marks, but also to retain very smooth and firm tummy.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by bolorunfem(f): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2011
That snake oil (ora ere) smells horrible and you will have to use it religiously to see any effect, and that means you'll be smelling like babalawo (herbalist) in the office or wherever you find yourself. It was once recommended to help melt/reduce the size of a post-surgical scar that I have but I was discouraged by the off-putting smell. Even the ori smells a lot better. I'd rather have them strech marks than cope with those smell. My tummy itched and I couldn't control scratching, I  simplied applied balm, and though I have a few marks but it's not so bad. SO I WON'T RECOMMEND SNAKE OIL TO ANYONE.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by imurboss: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
Lol!@ You will be smelling like a Babalawo grin.

Waoww! Such a great thread,i've learnt a whole lot from this thread now and will stick to d instructions when d time comes,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by Jummy4real(f): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
Nice thread.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by Igosun: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2011
I like this discussion, i used Ori coupled with Bio Oil. Let her used wrapper to tie her stomach so it can go down gradually. IT AS IF I SHD GET PREGGY AGAIN.LOL
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by uyakachi(m): 5:54pm On Oct 06, 2011
what about men wt it what should they do?
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by ladyju(f): 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2011
The ugly stretch mark only showed up after my fourth baby, I think I will mix
all the things you guys mentioned above, olive oil + shea butter + coconut oil +
vitamin E + vaseline + honey . hmmm who knows how horrible the smell will be but I
dont care. I will spray a very powerful perfume. sad
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by Decryptor(m): 3:00am On Oct 07, 2011
Y'all are talkin about eliminating and preventing stretch-marks! What about the more uglier scenerio: Vericous Veins?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by bolorunfem(f): 7:56am On Oct 07, 2011
Varicose Veins  shocked shocked shocked shocked That one is indeed horrible!!!!!!!!! Seeing it makes my skin crawl embarassed, yak!!! But, does that come with pregnancy also?
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by nekkynancy: 8:50am On Oct 07, 2011
Here's what you can do to reduce stretch marks:

Drink lots of water to increase skin's elasticity.
Avoid binging on starches, sweets, and salty snacks that can lead to extra weight gain and bloating.
Stock up on citrus fruits and foods high in vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient in collagen production.
Apply a topical oil like Bio Oil ($11 drugstores nationwide) in the first trimester, to maximize the skin's elasticity and keep it hydrated
Gud Luck
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by blank(f): 11:13am On Oct 07, 2011
Are varicose veins and stretch marks different? Pardon my ignorance, i will need to research a bit.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by gijaney: 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
pregnancy and stretchmarks go hand in hand though they do fade over time.  if you are so concerned about the way your body looks after pregnancy then you are not ready to be having children

blank:

Are varicose veins and stretch marks different? Pardon my ignorance, i will need to research a bit.
yes stretchmarks are scar tissue fom the expansion of the skin. varicose veins are ballooned veins in the legs
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by abu1882: 11:00am On Jan 05, 2012
It is not possible to completely avoid stretch marks during pregnancy. But, there are some medicine which can be taken to make it disappear.
Pregnancy By Weeks
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by moshoodn(m): 5:49am On Jan 06, 2012
Stretch marks aren't absolutely due to stretchings. . .
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by LouLeyden: 5:57am On Jan 28, 2012
I thought I'd definitely have them by now, I'm 38 weeks pregnant, had them from highschool, was sure I'd get them as all my sisters and my mum did. NONE YET! I'm trying a method that seems to be keeping them at bay.
I'm hosting an experiment if you'd like to try it, I'd love to hear your story! It's partly a home remedy; most people use the product every single day anyway, and it's more effective and affordable than heaps of the most widely available products on the market.
See this blog for more info!
http://soapofftherope..com/p/oil-of-gods.html
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by Akpunwa(f): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
I was quite lucky! I didn't use anything at all and no SM. Though towards the last trimester I had the black hormone-induced line that runs from below the navel...but that too is gone.
I won't leave it to chance again anyways. Pls who has used Palmer's cocoa butter? does it work? I want to use it with SB.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by hhari091: 4:48am On Oct 14, 2013
Can you do anything to prevent skin discoloration during pregnancy or after pregnancy ? Skin pigmentation changes usually disappear on their own after delivery . You can remove your fade skin easy way .Use stria fade from that contain vitamin E and alpha hydroxy acids .Get instant solution in short time.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by DeidraMonika: 6:02am On May 21, 2017
Dermalmd Stretch Mark Serum really does work! I Had a very flat stomach and after we got pregnant I was scared about stretch marks. I was devastated when I found out I got them 4 days before having our daughter BUT this stuff really helped fade it AFTER I got them. I am able to feel confident now even after getting stretch marks.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by LarainaStevens: 6:54am On Jul 04, 2017
Used Dermelastic serum consistently throughout my entire pregnancy, and I didn't get a single stretch mark! I realize this could be due to genetics, but the serum certainly helped.
Re: Pregnancy: I Don't Want To Have Stretch Marks. Help! by tripleportion(f): 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
DeidraMonika:
Dermalmd Stretch Mark Serum really does work! I Had a very flat stomach and after we got pregnant I was scared about stretch marks. I was devastated when I found out I got them 4 days before having our daughter BUT this stuff really helped fade it AFTER I got them. I am able to feel confident now even after getting stretch marks.
where can I buy dermalmd serum in lagos

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Announces Discovery Of Epilepsy Drug- Vanguard / Man Heartbroken After A Schoolgirl He Rescued, Died In Akwa Ibom / NAFDAC Raises Alarm Over Indiscriminate Use Of Aphrodisiac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.