Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,137 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

Mistake While Filling Spouse Form - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mistake While Filling Spouse Form (1961 Views)

Ascon Filling Station Lekki Phase 1 On Fire ( Pls Call Fire Service) Phote / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistake While Filling Spouse Form by avril15: 11:47am On Oct 04, 2011
i recently just submitted my visa application(24-Aug.-11),still expecting the outcome,my worries is that i made about 4-5 errors while filling the forms (1) in the column where i was asked when's my passport issued I filled in 08-Nov.- 2011 instead of 08- Nov.-2011,offcourse we are not even in November 2011 yet(2) where its asked if i have any children i filled "NO",but next column asked "if there's any other children will be travelling with me" ? I left the space Blank (3) i also made mistake about my wife's address instead of filling 30,southwood grove,"middlewood",i filled in 30,southwood grove "millwood"(4)my present living condition i filled in "unemployed" ommitted "supported by wife" but in subsequent answers i included it twice and enclosed almost all the western union and money grams slips used to send funds to me. please can these errors jeopardize/jeopardise my chances of being granted visa ?please urgent response is required !
Re: Mistake While Filling Spouse Form by Vicjustice: 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2011
avril15:

i recently just submitted my visa application(24-Aug.-11),still expecting the outcome,my worries is that i made about 4-5 errors while filling the forms  (1) in the column where i was asked when's my passport issued I filled in 08-Nov.- 2011 instead of 08- Nov.-2011,offcourse we are not even in November 2011 yet
   This error may be overlooked, it definitely can not deny your visa, the visa officer is going to look at your passport info and if the error is just the year, it may be corrected. But it is a different thing if the Day, the Month and the Year are all wrong, that would result in visa refusal and possible ban.

avril15:

(2) where its asked if i have any children i filled "NO",but next column asked "if there's any other children  will be travelling with me" ?  I left the space Blank
   If you fill in "NO" because, you don't have Children, then it is appropriate to either leave the next box blank or you fill-in NA (Not Applicable) as an answer to the next question.

avril15:

(3) i also made mistake about my wife's address instead of filling 30,southwood grove,"middlewood",i filled in 30,southwood grove "millwood"
   This is not looking very good, your visa may be refused if you have not displayed adequate knowledge about your own wife, for the fact that you do not know the name of the city where your wife live in is a serious error.

avril15:

(4)my present living condition i filled in "unemployed" ommitted "supported by wife" but in subsequent answers i included it twice and enclosed almost all the western union and money grams slips used to send funds to me. please can these errors  jeopardize/jeopardise my chances of being granted visa ?please urgent response is required !
   If asked about your employment status, it is OK to enter "Unemployed", there is nothing wrong with that. But if asked how you support yourself, then that's where all these Western Union stories come in.
Re: Mistake While Filling Spouse Form by avril15: 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
Thanks so very much for the elaborate and quick response, it really soothes my heart,in reference to the address ,the mistake was only once as it's corrected in the 2 remaining column the address was asked. - please reply on this sir !
Re: Mistake While Filling Spouse Form by Vicjustice: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2011
avril15:

Thanks so very much for the elaborate and quick response, it really soothes my heart,in reference  to the address ,the mistake was only once as it's corrected in the 2 remaining column the address was asked. - please reply on this sir !
   If the mistake was corrected in other column, then the visa officer should see the error and pardon it. You shouldn't have much to worry about because, none of these errors is a ground for visa refusal. Cheer up smiley
Re: Mistake While Filling Spouse Form by avril15: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2011
Thanks so much.
Re: Mistake While Filling Spouse Form by avril15: 10:53am On Oct 26, 2011
please help,today make's it the 42nd day(working) that i submitted my application,but still nothing heard from VFS(ikeja).please i will like to know if by now they would have opened my file ? also,do you think if they have found any problem with my application,they would have discarded it and returned it by now.Lastly,what are the various step's and time they take for verification ?
Re: Mistake While Filling Spouse Form by Vicjustice: 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
avril15:

please help,today make's it the 42nd day(working) that i submitted my application,but still nothing heard from VFS(ikeja).please i will like to know if by now they would have opened my file ? also,do you think if they have found any problem with my application,they would have discarded it and returned it by now.Lastly,what are the various step's and time  they take for verification ?
   Spouse visa is not the same thing as Tourist or Visitor visa: so, be aware that while Tourist or Visitor visa could be decided within a couple of weeks, Spouse visas usually take months and (in some cases) years before reaching decision. This is because, it takes more verification time and also, the authority use the waiting period to try the genuineness and the stability of your marriage; it might interest you to know that a lot of marriages do not survive these lengthy periods especially when they are arranged or paid marriages.
   Just relax as long as you're confident that your own marriage is concretely genuine. smiley
Re: Mistake While Filling Spouse Form by avril15: 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2011
vic,sorry for bothering you, its just that me and my wife are just worried,from the thread's that i read here , some people got theirs within 2months or exactly 2months of applying and somewhere someone got his 27days after applying, No vex blood just dey Hot. oh ! you did not respond to the part where i asked " if by now they would have opened my file ? also,do you think if they have found any problem with my application,they would have discarded it and returned it by now" please sir respond to this.
Re: Mistake While Filling Spouse Form by Vicjustice: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2011
avril15:

vic,sorry for bothering you, its just that me and my wife are just worried,from the thread's that i read here , some people got theirs within 2months or exactly 2months  of applying and somewhere someone got his 27days after applying
   My borther's wife got her spouse-visa after 3 year of waiting and a denial.

avril15:

No vex blood just dey Hot. oh ! you did not respond to the part where i asked " if by now they would have opened my file ? also,do you think if they have found any problem with my application,they would have discarded it and returned it by now" please sir respond to this.
   No, if they found anything suspicious with your documents or in your application, they will contact you to report (at the embassy) for interview; giving you the benefit of doubt as their protocol requires: by no way would they discard your documents or void the application, nor would they dismiss it without digging deep to ascertain the documents, and they will not reach a conclusion without confronting you with their findings giving you the chance to prove yourself. This is the international general protocol of every embassy.
IMPORTANT!
   Now, if you know that there is anything (fake) with your documents, i will personally advice you to request to cancel the application so you may have the chance to withdraw the questionable document(s) before they find out; because, if they find that out themselves, you might have to forget about Europe for the rest of your life

(1) (Reply)

/ / Tips On Getting A Job In The US (legal Immigrants ONLY) / 26 Of The World's Most Beautiful And Famous Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.