Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,671 members, 7,878,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN (7309 Views)

UN Says 4.5 Million On The Verge Of Famine In Northeast Nigeria / Acute Hunger Looming In Northern Nigeria - UN's FAO / Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by Mendy101: 10:54am On Jun 29, 2023
taylor89:
The most backward region on earth

They’ll be crawling amputated deformed and begging all over Nigeria

When election reach them go enter cow trailer go vote rubbish come back and continue begging

last week I deck one Abokiii wey draw me for shirt to money

See no follow any wrong voter shine teeth oo

Make the suffer choke
Their poverty never start, hunger to twist all their belle, them sabi vote rubbish but wan use beg and kidnapping finish everybody, I don’t give, even for Lagos I no give street boys again, I am ready to fight crowd them give anybody any money
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by Mendy101: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2023
Jogs1900:

With this news now, people will think there are no poor people in the South. The Northerners are just using these tactics to corner aid and donations to their region. Don't be deceived. It's only in the North that you will see various NGOs operating and employing hundreds of Northerners. Till a Hausa man buys the whole street, they will still be begging for alms while we Southerners think they are poor. You will see a Hausa Fulani man having more than 10 cows worth over 10m naira and we will still be looking at him that he's poor.
Northerners are not as poor as we Southerners think. There is poverty everywhere in Nigeria.
Oga those guys are as poor as a church rat, poverty and strange sicknesses wan finish them, the people you mentioned are a pocket full of Alhajis

1 Like

Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by tnerro1(m): 11:13am On Jun 29, 2023
Parasites of Nigeria
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by JOemmy(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2023
Northern leaders are really very wicked they control the oil industry yet can't take their own people out of extreme excruciating poverty.
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by nedu666: 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Mendy101:
Oga those guys are as poor as a church rat, poverty and strange sicknesses wan finish them, the people you mentioned are a pocket full of Alhajis

Which poor. Poor people are also in the south. Wat makes the poverty in the north special

1 Like

Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by JOemmy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jogs1900:

With this news now, people will think there are no poor people in the South. The Northerners are just using these tactics to corner aid and donations to their region. Don't be deceived. It's only in the North that you will see various NGOs operating and employing hundreds of Northerners. Till a Hausa man buys the whole street, they will still be begging for alms while we Southerners think they are poor. You will see a Hausa Fulani man having more than 10 cows worth over 10m naira and we will still be looking at him that he's poor.
Northerners are not as poor as we Southerners think. There is poverty everywhere in Nigeria.

You are very correct they don't even bother about their looks like we southerners a southern man can dress properly but don't have anything in his account. All the trillions buhari and his northern brothers looted in the past eight years will definitely be circulating silently in the north without them raising any suspicion.

1 Like

Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by slowice(m): 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
They have bribed them not to say the real figure.... We know it's way more undecided

You hold yam, hold knife but hunger Wan still kee you
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by tctrills: 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
hisgrace090:
Hunger is nationwide now.
They should stop this deceitful act of always claiming lack in all area to have all realized in this country.
They nearly crucify shettima for suggesting that Senate president should be given to a Christian which causes uproar in the north.
Even after building the most beutiful schools in boronue by the last governor, UN is still reporting that students seats on the floor in boronue state.
This act smells "British British "
Keep exporting your blames to Britain. That's the only thing you Nigerians are good at, blaming others for their own goals. How does a false report affect the UK's economy?
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by ghosttownboss(m): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
taylor89:
The most backward region on earth

They’ll be crawling amputated deformed and begging all over Nigeria

When election reach them go enter cow trailer go vote rubbish come back and continue begging

last week I deck one Abokiii wey draw me for shirt to money

See no follow any wrong voter shine teeth oo

Make the suffer choke
stay there and be decieving yourself
They are pumping in wrong data and siphoning all the funds and grants
You think the south is not also affected with poverty?
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by AnonymousMike(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
NOwazobia:

UN is not inform.
They voted for it.

Islam must take over Nigeria, and hunger is one of the sacrifices we must pay.

Alah is the greatest, and Muhammed is his
prophet, else heads must be beheaded. undecided

WTF brooo......Na by force again
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by MoneyMustBMade(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
Jogs1900:

I was born and raised up in North
To my own opinion majority of people are below poverty level in North, even with all the charity. Poor houses everywhere
Human development is very poor in North
Politicians are just using them for their political gain, just to win election

1 Like

Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by Albertgr8: 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nonsense
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by marvrick: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/hunger-affecting-4-3m-people-in-northeast-nigeria-un/

Tinubu may have hit the ground running but he started his administration on a wrong footing.
Coming right on the heels of eight years of crushing hardship, the recent policies that have caused an increase in the price of things are nothing but a display of insensitivity of a high order.

While I wish whoever has the unenviable task of making Nigeria well the best of luck, I'm very certain that no one really believes Nigeria will get it right. The present generation with their 'I no send you attitude" will definitely hasten the country's demise as they are bereft of patience and understanding of doing whatever is worth doing well..
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by FLYFIRE(m): 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
PLUS....Almost 95% of donors contributions went to them. That is after all the govt claimed to have spent on them
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by jcross19: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
nedu666:

There are poor people in d south also. Don't believe all this story. Do you know how many billions are allocated to feeding them
there are poor people even UK and USA but the type poor we are talking about in the north is not just poor but extremely poor because religious systematic!!
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by Uchedizzy(f): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2023
Nawooh
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by TruthinAction: 7:26am On Jul 01, 2023
Likoya:
Just 4.3 million? That is a very big lie because the number is light years greater than that...It should be at least 50-60% of the entire northeastern population in my opinion...If not upto 70% sef if we're telling ourselves the truth in this country

Don't mind them. Less than 10% of Nigerians can afford 3 square meal in a day. A bank worker in Nigeria is even a poor person except for their top managers who know how to cut corners. Even branch managers are poor.
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by frankyychiji(f): 8:33am On Jul 01, 2023
RECTEM:
The North has ruled the country more than any other parts of the country yet they are and will continue to be the poverty headquarters of the world!
Arrewa is coming to refute your claim with filtered photos of the elite kids.
Re: Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN by CioAngels(f): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2023
UN DG always highlight the North in everything while she undermines the Southern. Are the Southern not going through starvation? This is how the minister of disaster vowed she won't give palliative to the South and she kept to her words. UN and Bill Gate are only told to continuously develop the North and these people are dubiously cunningly wickedly and smartly making the South believe that actually the are propagating One Nigeria. One Nigeria Indeed. Borrowing shettima's words, one Nigeria my " Foot".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Mid Term Report : Utomi, Others Rate Sanwo-Olu's Administration High / PDP Guber Candidate Welcomes Atiku To Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.