Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself (9522 Views)

"You Are Exceptional ": Atiku Congratulates Gen. Azubuike / General Azubuike Ihejirika Joins APC (Photos) / Azubuike Ekwegbalu Is Dead: Governor Obiano's Aide Killed By Unknown Men (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Supremos: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twauh_G7SWY

Azubuike Ohuabunwa shooting: True story about Nigerian nurse in Dallas killed by husband

Azubuike Ohuabunwa shooting: A video about Nigerian man in Dallas named Azubuike Ohuabuna killing his Nurse wife Chiamaka Ohuabuna because she doesn’t give him her paycheck anymore, she took his house & said his mother cannot live with them was made in 2017.

The video, which is based on a true story and re-enacted by Nigerian-born US based nurse Jidensky has gone viral.

Azubuike Ohuabunwa shooting: True story about Nigerian nurse in Dallas killed by husband

At this time, details about who the real people the Azubuike Ohuabunwa shooting is based on are not known. It is not known what later happened to the real Azubuike Ohuabuna or his wife, Chiamaka Ohuabuna.

Jidensky re-enacted the video. It is his voice you’ll hear as Azubuike Ohuabuna in the video below. Zoe’s mum played the 911 operator.

About 10 Nigerian women – eight of them nurses – were killed in the US by their husbands between 2006 and 2008 – shot, stabbed or bludgeoned to death.

In 2011, an informal investigation by National Association of Nigerian Nurses in North America (NANNNA) into the murders of Nigerian nurses in the US revealed that some Nigerian women in the US earned more than their partners and worked long hours, which kept them from what their partners perceived to be their domestic duties and led to suspicions of infidelity.

Women were accused of “losing their identity” in the US and being corrupted by US “women-friendly” legal system.

Based on news reports of fatal domestic violence cases, it was estimated that on average in the past decade about three to four Nigerian nurses are killed by their intimate partners every year.

The 2017 study by National Association of Nigerian Nurses in North America (NANNNA) reads:

One of the reasons nurses are targeted is because it is a common profession for Nigerian women in the US.

Based on data from the Migration Policy Institute as of 2015, Nigeria was the third source country for foreign-born registered nurses in the US. The field is relatively easy to get into; one can become a certified nursing assistant, picking up extra shifts and working for $12.78 an hour, in a matter of weeks.

“Nigerian nurses [also] marry Nigerian-American men as tickets/passports to higher income and better quality of life,” states the NANNNA study, which also revealed that some Nigerian-American men often return to Nigeria to marry nurses or women they later convince to adopt the profession.

After bringing their female partners to the US and or funding their nursing education, some of the men feel entitled to their partners’ salaries and insist on controlling their income.

Once the women start to work, the men expect a return on their investment, but in the US they often find it harder than anticipated to control their partners.

“Decisions about how money is spent are a source of conflict. The women were blamed for rebelling against this expectation and sometimes flaunting their superior contribution to their peril,” says the NANNNA study.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by OldBeer: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2023
You didn't even need to add the name.
Na only one tribe dey do this everytime.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2023
when the dollar starts rolling in then you will know who truly loves you!

Someone said that indian female nurses gets paid more than nigerian female nurses.

The Indian females go back home and pick a man for themselves while the nigerian female nurse tells her husband in the us to leave the house.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:58am On Jun 29, 2023
Men the root of all evil. cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Racoon(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2023
Terrible! I have heard a lot of bitter tales of these nurses turn thorns in the lives of their spouses in the US especially Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Puss360(f): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2023
Marriage these days sef dey fear person....
I no die for my Papa house, I go come marry come die for marriage... Chai

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Ihateheadslamer: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2023
You are insane tongue
OldBeer:
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Supremos: 11:01am On Jun 29, 2023
OldBeer:
Ekwensu
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by helinues: 11:01am On Jun 29, 2023
I have never read anywhere where poverty kill person before. Na over joyous.

That's in far away Obodo Usa oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by libertyfather(m): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2023
This life sef
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by helinues: 11:05am On Jun 29, 2023
Puss360:
Marriage these days sef dey fear person....
I no die for my Papa house, I go come marry come die for marriage... Chai

Marriage is not a must. People should stop living a bitter life all in the name of un working marriage.

Infact relationship self no be must, when person never even understand himself/herself how you go take understand others.

A lady who dated like 3-4 guys within a year yet by December, she's single again, nothing would have happened to her if she didn't even bother to go into any through our the year

Lust is totally different meaning to Love
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by saintopus(m): 11:06am On Jun 29, 2023
Na waah, how these people dey manage go America sef?

Then fall into this yeye wahala with women.

You went to America and married a homegrown lady no be juju be daat?

Tufiakwa
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by talented321: 11:12am On Jun 29, 2023
Too much expectation kill. Bobolayefa, work on urself.
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Puss360(f): 11:15am On Jun 29, 2023
helinues:

Marriage is not a must. People should stop living a bitter life all in the name of un working marriage.

Infact relationship self no be must, when person never even understand himself/herself how you go take understand others.

A lady who dated like 3-4 guys within a year yet by December, she's single again, nothing would have happened to her if she didn't even bother to go into any through our the year

Lust is totally different meaning to Love
Marriage is not a must.. I know... But to an average Nigerian (which translates to majority), marriage is a must...
Indulge in free sex, no strings attached, they call you olosho....
Okay, be in a relationship ( at least with one person), Ur partner go dey cheat upandan...
The same people saying "aunty you don reach to marry, go and marry", will be the same people saying "Men are polygamous in nature"....
All are Nigerians....
Abeg Nigeria and the people inside don tire me...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by helinues: 11:21am On Jun 29, 2023
Puss360:

Marriage is not a must.. I know... But to an average Nigerian (which translates to majority), marriage is a must...
Okay, be in a relationship ( at least with one person), Ur partner go dey cheat upandan...
The same people saying "aunty you don reach to marry, go and marry", will be the same people saying "Men are polygamous in nature"....
All are Nigerians....

Listening to Nigeria community narratives won't make person achieve something reasonable in life.

Na dem go tell you go and marry and have kids but after the conversation, they want to send their account details cos they need help to pay their children school fees.

If your child is 3 years old with no younger one, dem go say Omo yi Tito gba aburo ( You supposed to have another one) , as if na dem fo help you cater for them

So many hypocrisy in our society

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by paramakina202: 11:25am On Jun 29, 2023
OldBeer:

That name is from Niger delta now you accept there are Igbos in Delta state?
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Supremos: 11:32am On Jun 29, 2023
paramakina202:

That name is from Niger delta now you accept there are Igbos in Delta state?
don't mind that Ekwensu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by talented321: 11:35am On Jun 29, 2023
People are married and living fine, if you follow social media you will be confused.
Just calm down and give to your husband what belong to him, and give to yourself what belong to u.
U can never be equal with ur husband in all ramification, as far there is no physical abuse, you gat overlook many times.
Because no matter the matter your husband will get his own flaws and weakness the same thing to u too.
Understanding and forgiveness is the only key to a lasting marriage.
Puss360:

All are Nigerians....
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by helinues: 11:51am On Jun 29, 2023
talented321:
People are married and living fine, if you follow social media you will be confused.
Just calm down and give to your husband what belong to him, and give to yourself what belong to u.
U can never be equal with ur husband in all ramification, as far there is no physical abuse, you gat overlook many times.
Because no matter the matter your husband will get his own flaws and weakness the same thing to u too.

Did you quote that from a law? If yes which one?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Puss360(f): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2023
talented321:
Easier said than done...
Most men wants forgiveness from women, but if THESAME act is being committed by women, most men won't listen to forgiveness...
We all just have to pray for strong mind when we are faced with marital problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by bennybuhari: 11:52am On Jun 29, 2023
Not a recent event

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by PoloG: 11:54am On Jun 29, 2023
flatheaddss
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by talented321: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2023
There are things to be forgiven, like many men will overlook many thing except cheat and abuse.
While many women also overlook many things except physical abuse and neglience.
Puss360:

Easier said than done...
Most men wants forgiveness from women, but if THESAME act is being committed by women, most men won't listen to forgiveness...
We all just have to pray for strong mind when we are faced with marital problems
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by successmatters(m): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2023
Old news at least 4 years.
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by royal231(m): 12:07pm On Jun 29, 2023
Why will u leave the women there.. Go to Africa to marry woman carry enter abroad..

Na that one I no fit do Sha.. If I marry u na where I see u marry u u go remain.. No matter where I dey..

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by talented321: 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
No law will save ur marriage. Only experience.
helinues:

Did you quote that from a law? If yes which one?
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Creamypie(m): 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2023
Plsbif u marry a Nigerian woman, divorce her and make arrangements for children upkeep b4 u travel outside the country, or better still don't take her with u if u are abroad and she's here, for your sanity/ peace of mind
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by coolitempa(f): 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
Only one tribe does this time and time again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Danisaint112(m): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
coolitempa:
Only one tribe does this time and time again.

Shut up you newly recruited tribal bigot.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by ozo13(m): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
Racoon:
Terrible! I have heard a lot of bitter tales of these nurses turn thorns in the lives of their spouses in the US especially Nigerians.
I watched a clip few days ago of a middle age man say in his late 50's crying bitterly his woman is chasing him out of the home he had bn paying for and only remaining like 5months of payment for the house to become his own.Guyman said he had bn in the US for almost 30yrs and all his investments were there and noting in Nigeria.E better make I dey Nigeria dey hustle ooo to make my money than make one woman go give me frustration of life for oyinbo land.
Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by AfonjaScud: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Puss360:

All are Nigerians....

Abeg, don't get tired just yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Husband Azubuike Kills His Nurse Wife In Dallas US And Killed Himself by Houseofglam7(f): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2023
embarassed

(1) (2)

Many Feared Killed In Fresh Benue Attack, Seven Corpses Recovered / Ganduje Wins Kano APC Governorship Primaries / INEC: 1.8 Million Pvcs Not Collected & 430,000 yet to be delivered In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.