Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,755 members, 7,885,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. (4045 Views)

‘if Tinubu Is Sworn-in May 29th, We Go See Shege Banza’ – Charly Boy / Fulani And Hausa Clash In Sokoto, Scores Dead / Hoodlums Take Over Akinyele, Ibadan As Yoruba And Hausa Clash (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2023
LadyExcellency:
The present is that Tech Companies and AI have grouped Nigeria into three Ethnicity and three Languages only.

It wouldn't be long every water will find its level.

History is now for the books, future is being reorganised.
Which are...?
Re: Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. by J3susFr3ak: 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

Which are...?

I would not trust those....since a lot of the current research is mostly biased towards the largest ethnic groups. (eg., the Ancestry DNA helping African Americans locate their actual origins through genetic mapping is tested against the markers from only the dominant ethnic groups in their database--ignoring a massive chunk of genetic information from smaller ethnic groups with divergent or completely different genetic profiles.

I posted a story a while back from a mostly Uk/South African Research showing the different genetic profile of the Berom ethnic group and other related Middle Belt ethnic stock here: https://www.nairaland.com/6851717/new-study-unveils-complexity-vast

Here are summary articles of that research:

https://h3africa.org/index.php/2021/02/02/major-new-study-unveils-complexity-and-vast-diversity-of-africas-genetic-variation/
https://theconversation.com/major-new-study-unveils-complexity-and-vast-diversity-of-africas-genetic-variation-150090

I did rather trust hard scientific data to help expose actual ethnic history/origins through DNA than trust some nonsensical Hausa myth about longing to be identified with some vague Middle East figure--to boost their self importance. What is there to desire about any North African or Middle Eastern ancestry anyway?
Re: Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. by SoldierPikin: 9:57pm On Jan 14
OfoIgbo:

The history that i studied in Enugu during my secondary school days, Yoruba was one of the Banza bokwai states, and I had always wondered how Yoruba got to make it into that list

What year did you finish secondary school? Sounds fairly recent.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. by SoldierPikin: 9:59pm On Jan 14
ZKOSOSO:
All this useless and half truth from Fulani controlled government is mind bugging.
Had credit in Hausa Language in my SSCE . We read about Bayajidda, Hausa Bakwai and Banza Bakwai.
Yoruba has never been there. Buhari and his Fulani supremacist are busy rewriting nonsense for our kids to swallow. Attached by force
Yeye history.
No wonder they banned History as a subject in secondary education for nearly 20yrs now

Yes, Yoruba has never been part of the Banza Bakwai. Some people are re-writing history, probably for political gain like they are used to.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. by Proudlyomonna: 11:17pm On Jan 14
T8ksy:

.......for the benefit of his fellow flat headed imbeciles to mastubate on.

Shut up if you don't have anything sensible to say.

You senseless tribalist don't know how daft y'all sound when you do your rubbish.

Bring out information to disprove of the Op's claim, but ofcus there's nothing in your head aside tribal gbasgbos,tribal bigotry is the only reason Olodumare created and destined You for.
Re: Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. by Christistruth03: 12:14am On Jan 15
SoldierPikin:

Yes, Yoruba has never been part of the Banza Bakwai. Some people are re-writing history, probably for political gain like they are used to.

In the 12th Century the Owu Yoruba Kingdom reached Kaduna
War made them Migrate South of the Niger

The Nupe descended from the Owu Yoruba who didn't migrate Southward with the Olowu their King

The Gobir Hausa have strong kinship ties with the Oyo
Gobir Hausa were formerly Nomads who were allies of Oyo and intermarried with them

On one Occasion the Alaafin advised them to establish themselves a Kingdom instead of being Nomadic Warriors moving from place to place

The Gobir took Alaafin's advice and with an Army the Alaafin gave them to help them they established the Gobir Hausa Kingdom

The Name of their King was Bawa

That is why today many of the Gobir Hausa have Oyo ancestors in addition to their Hausa Ancestors

The Army the Alaafin sent to help them establish the Gobir Hausa Kingdom became integrated with the Gobir Hausa people

That was why when a Certain Alaafin wanted to flee from Basorun Gaa he said he was going to take refuge with his relatives in the Gobir Kingdom

1 Like

Re: Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. by IamAtikulate: 2:27pm On Jan 27
We have known this for ages nah.

I found out for the first time from a primary school history book in Katsina. While they banned history in the South, our Northern brothers are teaching their people that Yoruba (Oyo) is an Hausa banza state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Obidients That Always Call BAT A Drug Dealer. Please See This / modified / South West/yorubas Have Entered One Chance, Ss, Sw, Se Unity Is The Remedy..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.