Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,064 members, 7,977,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 06:22 PM

According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator (1761 Views)

Olubunmi Diya Insists Pastor Gabriel Diya & 2 Children Who Drowned Could Swim / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
Look through translations of this verse in other translations of the meaning of the Quran.

لِأَهَبَ (li-ahaba) has English meanings from Wouldn't buy, I'd give, to give, ignite, burning etc.

You translate and ignore رَبِّكِ rabbika (from your lord) who is the one that has the power to create.

Look up Tafsir 97:4

Sayyidna Anas ؓ narrates that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: "When the Night of Qadr occurs, Jibra'il (علیہ السلام) descends on the earth with a huge throng of angels and all of them pray for every servant of Allah, man or woman, busy in salah or dhikr, to be blessed by Allah.
Jibril is referred to as Ruh or ruh ul Qudus

TenQ:

No sir!
These your translations are lying.

What does the Arabic word لِأَهَبَ (li-ahaba) mean?

Is it not: " that I (may) bestow on "

I only ask you with humiliaty to check.

Here is it again both in Arabic and in English

Quran 19:16-19
وَٱذْكُرْ فِى ٱلْكِتَـٰبِ مَرْيَمَ إِذِ ٱنتَبَذَتْ مِنْ أَهْلِهَا مَكَانًۭا شَرْقِيًّۭا ١٦ فَٱتَّخَذَتْ مِن دُونِهِمْ حِجَابًۭا فَأَرْسَلْنَآ إِلَيْهَا رُوحَنَا فَتَمَثَّلَ لَهَا بَشَرًۭا سَوِيًّۭا ١٧ قَالَتْ إِنِّىٓ أَعُوذُ بِٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ مِنكَ إِن كُنتَ تَقِيًّۭا ١٨ قَالَ إِنَّمَآ أَنَا۠ رَسُولُ رَبِّكِ لِأَهَبَ لَكِ غُلَـٰمًۭا زَكِيًّۭا ١٩
16. And make mention of Mary in the Scripture, when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East, 17. And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our Spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man. 18. She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art Allah-fearing. 19. He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

There is NOTHING like
News or Announce in the verse

What we see is " that I (may) bestow on "

If your Islamic Narrative is correct, Jibril is the one BESTOWING a son to Mary
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 7:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
Translation of التي قد أمنحها ( alati qad 'amnahuha) is that I may bestow
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
honesttalk21:
Allah is the creator and sustainer of all.

This is not the point of contention today

honesttalk21:

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And they ask you, [O Muhammad], about the soul. Say, “The soul is of the affair of my Lord. And mankind have not been given of knowledge except a little.”
See translations of 17:85

The Jews were not asking about the Soul but Spirit(Ruh) .

honesttalk21:

YUSUF ALI
They ask thee concerning the Spirit (of inspiration). Say: “The Spirit (cometh) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)”

Diluted the Spirit by ADDING of inspiration

honesttalk21:

ABUL ALA MAUDUDI
They ask you about “the spirit”. Say: “The spirit descends by the command of my Lord, but you have been given only a little knowledge.”

What Spirit descends?

honesttalk21:

MUHSIN KHAN
And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Ruh (the Spirit); Say: “The Ruh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little.”

Don't you think an easy answer would be:
The Spirit is Angel Jibril

honesttalk21:

Like said before the meaning of arabic words are associated with use in the sentence.
The Quran introduces the term ‘spirit’ (al-ruh) to encompass a set of non-material truths that have not been created in this world but instead originate from a higher realm and a more sublime universe. Among these matters is the human spirit, as Allah says in Quran 15:29 When I have completed shaping him and have breathed into him of My Spirit ( in respect of the creation of Adam)

Quran 78:38 refers to Angel Gabriel and other angels

Brb

No Sir!

What we can infer from the Qur'an is that
1. The Spirit is a Living Being
2. The Spirit is not an Angel
3. The Spirit Created Jesus.

Mohammeds confusion is that he doesn't know that God Himself is the Holy Spirit (according to the Jews and Christians).

Interestingly, the Question of the Jews to Mohammed was a theological Question they were debating about. They believed that real Prophets of God related directly with God's Spirit while non-prophets can relate with either Angels or just by inspiration. If Mohammed was a real prophet, he must know about the Spirit of God.

Unfortunately, your prophet failed the question: and the Jews henceforth made fun of him.

Thus the hatered of Mohammed against the Jews multiplied tremendously.

Let me give you an example of how God speaks to the Prophets
Gen 13:14: "And the LORD said to Abram , after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now your eyes, and look from the place where you are northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:"

Exo 4:4: "And the LORD said to Moses, Put forth your hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:"

Exo 4:27: "And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him."

Josh 5:9: "And the LORD said to Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Why the name of the place is called Gilgal to this day."

Judg 7:2: "And the LORD said to Gideon, The people that are with you are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, My own hand has saved me."

1Sam 3:11: "And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that hears it shall tingle."

There are countless EXAMPLES where God Spoke DIRECTLY to His Prophets.

Qur'an 45:16
And verily we gave the Children of Israel the Scripture and the Command and the Prophethood, and provided them with good things and favoured them above (all) peoples;

Do you Not think that the Children of Israel should know about signs of Prophethood than any other people on the face of the earth.

This is the problem of your prophet Muhammad! Can you find one place where Allah Spoke Directly to Mohammed?
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
زَكِيًّا zakiyan means pure, upright however I note your preference for faultless.
Only Allah is faultless and your bible in Mark 10:18 states And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
honesttalk21:
Look through translations of this verse in other translations of the meaning of the Quran.

لِأَهَبَ (li-ahaba) has English meanings from Wouldn't buy, I'd give, to give, ignite, burning etc.

You translate and ignore رَبِّكِ rabbika (from your lord) who is the one that has the power to create.

Sayyidna Anas ؓ narrates that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: "When the Night of Qadr occurs, Jibra'il (علیہ السلام) descends on the earth with a huge throng of angels and all of them pray for every servant of Allah, man or woman, busy in salah or dhikr, to be blessed by Allah.

Your Tafsir didn't say Jibril is Ruh even though this is untraceable.

Are you saying that we should we trust the Tafsir above the Qur'an?

None of the Translation of Li-ahaba has anything to do with the preferences of your translations of the Qur'an such as NEWS or ANNOUNCE as they would want us to believe.

It has to do with GIVING or BESTOWING
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
honesttalk21:
And you are correct.

19. He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

The question is :
According to the Qur'an, who is Doing the BESTOWING?

Is it Allah or Jibril (if we believe Islamic Narrative)?
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
honesttalk21:
زَكِيًّا zakiyan means pure, upright however I note your preference for faultless.
Only Allah is faultless and your bible in Mark 10:18 states And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
Even though
Upright and Faultless are synonyms and English translations mostly use pure or faultless or upright

I have no problem with the use of either Pure or Faultless.The meaning of the verse is not adversely affected
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
التي قد أمنحها is not in that verse.

TenQ:

And you are correct.

19. He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

The question is :

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
Not all inferences are correct.

Tafsir means explanation.
SURAH QADR verse 4
تَنَزَّلُ ٱلۡمَلَـٰٓئِكَةُ وَٱلرُّوحُ فِيهَا بِإِذۡنِ رَبِّهِم مِّن كُلِّ أَمۡرٖ
Tanaz zalul malaa-ikatu war roohu feeha bi izni-rab bihim min kulli amr
ENGLISH TRANSLATION
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter.

YUSUF ALI
Therein come down the angels and the Spirit by Allah’s permission, on every errand:

ABUL ALA MAUDUDI
The angels along with the Spirit descend in it by the permission of their Lord with all kinds of decrees.

MUHSIN KHAN
Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] by Allah’s Permission with all Decrees,

PICKTHALL
The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees.

DR. GHALI
The Angels and the Spirit keep coming down therein, by the permission of their Lord, with (Literally: from) every Command.

ABDEL HALEEM
on that night the angels and the Spirit descend again and again with their Lord’s permission on every task;

ALA-MAUDUDI
(97:4) The angels along with the Spirit descend in it by the permission of their Lord[4] with all kinds of decrees.

The Spirit: Gabriel, who has been mentioned separately from the angels in view of his unique eminence, honor and merit.

Angel do not descend of their own accord but by leave of their Lord (Allah)

TenQ:

This is not the point of contention today

The Jews were not asking about the Soul but Spirit(Ruh) .

Diluted the Spirit by ADDING of inspiration

What Spirit descends?

Don't you think an easy answer would be:

No Sir!

What we can infer from the Qur'an is that
1. The Spirit is a Living Being
2. The Spirit is not an Angel
3. The Spirit Created Jesus.

Mohammeds confusion is that he doesn't know that God Himself is the Holy Spirit (according to the Jews and Christians).

Interestingly, the Question of the Jews to Mohammed was a theological Question they were debating about. They believed that real Prophets of God related directly with God's Spirit while non-prophets can relate with either Angels or just by inspiration. If Mohammed was a real prophet, he must know about the Spirit of God.

Unfortunately, your prophet failed the question: and the Jews henceforth made fun of him.

Thus the hatered of Mohammed against the Jews multiplied tremendously.

Let me give you an example of how God speaks to the Prophets
Gen 13:14: "And the LORD said to Abram , after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now your eyes, and look from the place where you are northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:"

Exo 4:4: "And the LORD said to Moses, Put forth your hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:"

Exo 4:27: "And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him."

Josh 5:9: "And the LORD said to Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Why the name of the place is called Gilgal to this day."

Judg 7:2: "And the LORD said to Gideon, The people that are with you are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, My own hand has saved me."

1Sam 3:11: "And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that hears it shall tingle."

There are countless EXAMPLES where God Spoke DIRECTLY to His Prophets.

Qur'an 45:16
And verily we gave the Children of Israel the Scripture and the Command and the Prophethood, and provided them with good things and favoured them above (all) peoples;

Do you Not think that the Children of Israel should know about signs of Prophethood than any other people on the face of the earth.

This is the problem of your prophet Muhammad! Can you find one place where Allah Spoke Directly to Mohammed?
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
I however need clarification on Luke 1:32

He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David

I am not aware of Jesus ascending the throne of David. Also David is not the father of Jesus.
Is the gospel according to Luke false?
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 4:50am On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:
I however need clarification on Luke 1:32

He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David

I am not aware of Jesus ascending the throne of David. Also David is not the father of Jesus.
Is the gospel according to Luke false?
There are two parts to this
1. Jesus will be called the Son of God
2. Jesus will be a king from the linage of David called the Messiah according to the prophecy of David in Psalm 2:1-12 and Zephaniah 3:5-20 where at the end of the world, the Kingdom is restored to Israel and the world judged.

Jesus is a descendant of David and Solomon both from the side of Mary AND the side of Joseph. David had been dead for approximately 1030 before Jesus was Born.
It's the same context where the Jews say "Abraham is our Father"
John 8:39:
"They answered and said to him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them, If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham."

The Messiah (literally the anointed one') is a saviour or liberator of Israel. He is also referred to as Melekh Mashiach (king Messiah). The Hebrew "Messiah" is the word translated in Greek as "Christ"!

Obviousness, the Jews REJECTED Jesus as their Messiah and that is why we ask you Muslims the Question :
Why would the Jews Kill their Messiah (Saviour) and boast about it according to the claim of Allah in the Qur'an?

Qur'an 4:157
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain

Is Jesus the Messiah? If Yes, then:
Only a person who didn't know that the salvation of the Jews lies with the Messiah will make this statement.

According to Christians, Jesus will be the King of Israel literally during the time of the end of the world as His first coming was to be a suffering Servant. The Messiah was prophesied to be both a Suffering Servant and a King. The difference is that the Jews ONLY look at prophecies of His kingship while the Christians in addition look at prophecies of His suffering.

Luk 24:46-47:
"And said to them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 5:04am On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:
Not all inferences are correct.

Tafsir means explanation.
SURAH QADR verse 4
تَنَزَّلُ ٱلۡمَلَـٰٓئِكَةُ وَٱلرُّوحُ فِيهَا بِإِذۡنِ رَبِّهِم مِّن كُلِّ أَمۡرٖ
Tanaz zalul malaa-ikatu war roohu feeha bi izni-rab bihim min kulli amr
ENGLISH TRANSLATION
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter.

YUSUF ALI
Therein come down the angels and the Spirit by Allah’s permission, on every errand:

ABUL ALA MAUDUDI
The angels along with the Spirit descend in it by the permission of their Lord with all kinds of decrees.

MUHSIN KHAN
Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] by Allah’s Permission with all Decrees,

PICKTHALL
The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees.

DR. GHALI
The Angels and the Spirit keep coming down therein, by the permission of their Lord, with (Literally: from) every Command.

ABDEL HALEEM
on that night the angels and the Spirit descend again and again with their Lord’s permission on every task;

ALA-MAUDUDI
(97:4) The angels along with the Spirit descend in it by the permission of their Lord[4] with all kinds of decrees.

The Spirit: Gabriel, who has been mentioned separately from the angels in view of his unique eminence, honor and merit.

Angel do not descend of their own accord but by leave of their Lord (Allah)

All these verses of the Qur'an prove that Angels and Spirits are NOT the same.

Islam is actually confused and misled to not knowing what a spirit is. Like I said: there is not one single Qur'an which states that Angels are spirits.

In Islam, we now have Humans, Angels, Jinn and Spirit as classes of creations with the Spirit unknown!

When the Jews asked Mohammed the question about the Spirit, if the Spirit was Jibril, Don't you think an easy answer would be:

But the Spirit is NOT Jibril. Mohammed didn't know what a spirit is!

1. What is a Spirit? (as it is a living being)

2. Can you find Just one place where Allah Spoke Directly to Mohammed ?

3. If you Muslims don't know what a spirit is, how can Islam be called spiritual?

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 5:20am On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:

التي قد أمنحها is not in that verse.

Qur'an 19:19
قَالَ إِنَّمَآ أَنَا۠ رَسُولُ رَبِّكِ لِأَهَبَ لَكِ غُلَٰمٗا زَكِيّٗا

honesttalk21:

You did not answer my question

I said: your translation above is correct

You said: Translation of التي قد أمنحها ( alati qad 'amnahuha) is that I may bestow

The question is :

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 8:25am On Jul 03, 2023
I am informing you that of التي قد أمنحها ( alati qad 'amnahuha) isn't a part of that verse.

Jibril ra can not bestow or create anything.

TenQ:

You did not answer my question

I said: your translation above is correct

You said: Translation of التي قد أمنحها ( alati qad 'amnahuha) is that I may bestow

The question is :

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 8:36am On Jul 03, 2023

Obviously you know who Gabriel (Jibril) is but the mischief in you bothers you.

TenQ:

All these verses of the Qur'an prove that Angels and Spirits are NOT the same.

Islam is actually confused and misled to not knowing what a spirit is. Like I said: there is not one single Qur'an which states that Angels are spirits.

In Islam, we now have Humans, Angels, Jinn and Spirit as classes of creations with the Spirit unknown!

When the Jews asked Mohammed the question about the Spirit, if the Spirit was Jibril, Don't you think an easy answer would be:

But the Spirit is NOT Jibril. Mohammed didn't know what a spirit is!

3. If you Muslims don't know what a spirit is, how can Islam be called spiritual?

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2023
Where was Jesus given the throne of David?

TenQ:

There are two parts to this
1. Jesus will be called the Son of God
2. Jesus will be a king from the linage of David called the Messiah according to the prophecy of David in Psalm 2:1-12 and Zephaniah 3:5-20 where at the end of the world, the Kingdom is restored to Israel and the world judged.

Jesus is a descendant of David and Solomon both from the side of Mary AND the side of Joseph. David had been dead for approximately 1030 before Jesus was Born.
It's the same context where the Jews say "Abraham is our Father"
John 8:39:
"They answered and said to him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them, If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham."

The Messiah (literally the anointed one') is a saviour or liberator of Israel. He is also referred to as Melekh Mashiach (king Messiah). The Hebrew "Messiah" is the word translated in Greek as "Christ"!

Obviousness, the Jews REJECTED Jesus as their Messiah and that is why we ask you Muslims the Question :
Why would the Jews Kill their Messiah (Saviour) and boast about it according to the claim of Allah in the Qur'an?

Qur'an 4:157
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain

Is Jesus the Messiah? If Yes, then:
Only a person who didn't know that the salvation of the Jews lies with the Messiah will make this statement.

According to Christians, Jesus will be the King of Israel literally during the time of the end of the world as His first coming was to be a suffering Servant. The Messiah was prophesied to be both a Suffering Servant and a King. The difference is that the Jews ONLY look at prophecies of His kingship while the Christians in addition look at prophecies of His suffering.

Luk 24:46-47:
"And said to them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 9:19am On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:
I am informing you that of التي قد أمنحها ( alati qad 'amnahuha) isn't a part of that verse.

Jibril ra can not bestow or create anything.

The question was not the impossibility of Jibril bestowing a child. The Question is about What Allah said in the Qur'an!

According to Allah in the Qur'an Who is the one claiming to BESTOW on Mary a Child?

Here is the verse again:

The verse is ststed up here!
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 9:23am On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:
Where was Jesus given the throne of David?

Its obvious you didn't read ANYTHING about what I wrote. Please go back and read.

Israel never had a king since 586 BC and will not till the last days!

Except if your argument is that Jesus is NOT the Messiah!

Is it true that Jesus IS the Messiah contrary to the Jews interpretation?
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:

Obviously you know who Gabriel (Jibril) is but the mischief in you bothers you.

No sir!
Are Angels Spirits or Light?

Gabriel is an Angel. Therefore according to the Qur'an and the Hadith, he cannot be a spirit.

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2023

He said, "I am only the Messenger of your Lord, to bestow upon you a pure boy."

The messenger delivers the command of who initiates the message isn't it?
Are you stating the messenger is the originator of the message?

TenQ:

The question was not the impossibility of Jibril bestowing a child. The Question is about What Allah said in the Qur'an!

According to Allah in the Qur'an Who is the one claiming to BESTOW on Mary a Child?

Here is the verse again:

The verse is ststed up here!
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
Jibreel (AS) is the first created being of Allah. He was created before heaven and hell as stated in the hadith recorded in Bukhari.

He is the archangel who acts as intermediary between God and humans and as bearer of revelation to the prophets, most notably to Muhammad.

Angels are stated to have 2, 3 or 4 wings and Jibril was seen in his natural form with 600 wings by the prophet.

Jibril is the foremost of all angels hence he is referred to distinctly from them

TenQ:

No sir!
Are Angels Spirits or Light?

Gabriel is an Angel. Therefore according to the Qur'an and the Hadith, he cannot be a spirit.

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2023
I read them but Jesus not given the throne of David is enough basis to question if he is the one referred to.

But Jesus says My kingdom is not from this world. If my kingdom were from this world, my servants would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from here.

So I ask again? Where was David's kingdom? How come it is different from that of Jesus yet Luke says David's throne will be given to him?

TenQ:

Its obvious you didn't read ANYTHING about what I wrote. Please go back and read.

Israel never had a king since 586 BC and will not till the last days!

Except if your argument is that Jesus is NOT the Messiah!

Is it true that Jesus IS the Messiah contrary to the Jews interpretation?
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:

I am saying that your translators are not reliable. They lie through their teeth in promoting Dawa and your Deen. This is why you should look at exactly what the Qur'an is saying NOT what tafsir or hadiths or translators wish the Qur'an would say.

Is it true that Farjaha was deliberately translated as Chastity and Sleeve rather than Vulva?
Quran 66:12
وَمَرْيَمَ ٱبْنَتَ عِمْرَٰنَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَنَفَخْنَا فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِنَا وَصَدَّقَتْ بِكَلِمَـٰتِ رَبِّهَا وَكُتُبِهِۦ وَكَانَتْ مِنَ ٱلْقَـٰنِتِينَ ١٢

I will post two independent neutral sources for you of Qur'an 19:19

Here is what ChatGPT said:
He said, "I am only a messenger from your Lord, [who has come] to give you a pure boy."

Here is what Google Translate said:

In the two translations

The Arabic word لِأَهَبَ (li-ahaba) mean

-" that I (may) bestow on "
-"[who has come] to give you"
-"to bestow upon you"

Any other translation is Taqqiya!
In context, Li-ahaba does not mean Wouldn't buy, I'd give, to give, ignite, burning etc.

The Question still remain
According to the Qur'an, Who is the One Bestowing a son?
Is he Allah or Jibril?

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:
I read them but Jesus not given the throne of David is enough basis to question if he is the one referred to.

But Jesus says My kingdom is not from this world. If my kingdom were from this world, my servants would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from here.

So I ask again? Where was David's kingdom? How come it is different from that of Jesus yet Luke says David's throne will be given to him?

Did you read this?

This is an everlasting kingdom.

Ps 145:13:
"Your (Messiah) kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations."

Dan 7:14:
"And there was given him (the Messiah) dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."

2Pet 1:11:
"For so an entrance shall be ministered to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

Grow up in understanding. Allah commands that you should ask us Christians and Jews theology: unfortunately, your bias wouldn't allow you.

1. Is this the END of the WORLD?
2. Is ANY kingdom of this earth Everlasting?

Please answer!
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:
Jibreel (AS) is the first created being of Allah. He was created before heaven and hell as stated in the hadith recorded in Bukhari.

He is the archangel who acts as intermediary between God and humans and as bearer of revelation to the prophets, most notably to Muhammad.

Angels are stated to have 2, 3 or 4 wings and Jibril was seen in his natural form with 600 wings by the prophet.

Jibril is the foremost of all angels hence he is referred to distinctly from them

Let me Burst your lies!

1. I CHALLENGE you to provide a source that says that Jibril is the first being to be created by Allah!

This is Taqqiya as even though Angels and Jinns preceed the creation of Adam, however there is not one single Islamic source that says Jibril is the first being.
The first THING according to Islamic literatures is the PEN. Show me just one literature that

2. Where did you learn about Angels?
-Do you know about the Cherubims or the Seraphims?
-Do you know that there are many Arch Angels including Angel Micheal, Angel Gabriel and Angel Raphael?
-Do you know of other Beings like the 24 Elders and the Four Creatures?

3. When Mohammed tell lies, you just swallow it line hook and sinker.
Just close your eyes and imagine an angel with 600 wings? I am sure he will look like a ball of feathers. But you believed it because your prophet said so! SMH!
Does this even make sense to you?

4. Show me anywhere where the so-called aperation seen by Mohammed introduced himself.
Let me give you just two examples in the bible

Dan 8:16: "And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision."

Luk 1:19: "And the angel answering said to him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak to you, and to show you these glad tidings."

Why is it that you don't answer my own questions? Are you afraid?

Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
honesttalk21:

The messenger delivers the command of who initiates the message isn't it?
Are you stating the messenger is the originator of the message?

You are very wrong: if not please answer these two elementary questions

1. Is it true that Jibril was to GIVE Mary the Son
2. Who blew into the Farjah of Mary? Jibril or Allah?
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2023
Using your arabic dictionary do place لِأَهَبَ and look true it's translations.

What part of the I am only a messanger of your lord don't you understand?

Q 35:1
All the praises and thanks be to Allāh, the (Only) Originator of the heavens and the earth, Who made the Angels messengers with wings, two or three or four).)

Q 98:3-4
Verily, this is the Word (this Quran brought by) a most honourable messenger [Jibrael (Gabriel), from Allah to the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)].

Jibrael is one of the four greatest angels. He is appointed to convey revelations to the prophets by Allah. In three places of the Qur’an. He is mentioned in verses as the spirit, rasulun karim, ruh al-Amin and ruh al-qudus”. In addition to these, in one of the hadiths, he is called “an-namus

TenQ:

I am saying that your translators are not reliable. They lie through their teeth in promoting Dawa and your Deen. This is why you should look at exactly what the Qur'an is saying NOT what tafsir or hadiths or translators wish the Qur'an would say.

Is it true that Farjaha was deliberately translated as Chastity and Sleeve rather than Vulva?
Quran 66:12
وَمَرْيَمَ ٱبْنَتَ عِمْرَٰنَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَحْصَنَتْ فَرْجَهَا فَنَفَخْنَا فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِنَا وَصَدَّقَتْ بِكَلِمَـٰتِ رَبِّهَا وَكُتُبِهِۦ وَكَانَتْ مِنَ ٱلْقَـٰنِتِينَ ١٢

I will post two independent neutral sources for you of Qur'an 19:19

Here is what ChatGPT said:
He said, "I am only a messenger from your Lord, [who has come] to give you a pure boy."

Here is what Google Translate said:

In the two translations

The Arabic word لِأَهَبَ (li-ahaba) mean

-" that I (may) bestow on "
-"[who has come] to give you"
-"to bestow upon you"

Any other translation is Taqqiya!
In context, Li-ahaba does not mean Wouldn't buy, I'd give, to give, ignite, burning etc.

The Question still remain
According to the Qur'an, Who is the One Bestowing a son?
Is he Allah or Jibril?
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by honesttalk21: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2023
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2023
honesttalk21:
Using your arabic dictionary do place لِأَهَبَ and look true it's translations.

What part of the I am only a messanger of your lord don't you understand?

Q 35:1
All the praises and thanks be to Allāh, the (Only) Originator of the heavens and the earth, Who made the Angels messengers with wings, two or three or four).)

Q 98:3-4
Verily, this is the Word (this Quran brought by) a most honourable messenger [Jibrael (Gabriel), from Allah to the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)].

Jibrael is one of the four greatest angels. He is appointed to convey revelations to the prophets by Allah. In three places of the Qur’an. He is mentioned in verses as the spirit, rasulun karim, ruh al-Amin and ruh al-qudus”. In addition to these, in one of the hadiths, he is called “an-namus

A word can have several meanings DEPENDING on its context of use. Therefore just picking up a single word is meaningless except you fit it within the context of use.

Example:
The Word RUN could have several meanings as I will provide below

1. To move swiftly on foot: "He went for a run in the park."
2. To operate or function: "The engine is running smoothly."
3. To manage or control: "She runs a successful business."
4. To participate in a race: "He plans to run in the marathon."
5. To cause something to flow or operate: "Run the water to fill the bathtub."

I have therefore given you the meaning of Li-ahaba in context.

I gave you two independent sources.

All you need to do is to prove that those translations are Wrong. Otherwise, you have no case my dear.

There is no dispute that "the Spirit" claims to be a Messenger of Allah., the issue is
Who blew into Mary's Farjaha?
Is it Allah or Jubril?
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 6:06am On Jul 24, 2023
@ FxMasterz

See your friends, they've refused to comment since yesterday

https://www.nairaland.com/7774998/where-quran-mohammed-it-permanently

This is thoroughly embarrassing to them. Lies upon lies, simple questions disgrace them
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by FxMasterz: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2023
TenQ:
@ FxMasterz

See your friends, they've refused to comment since yesterday

https://www.nairaland.com/7774998/where-quran-mohammed-it-permanently

This is thoroughly embarrassing to them. Lies upon lies, simple questions disgrace them
My beloved brother, I've been off for sometime. Seeing your new post in exposing the satanic deception going on in Islam is quite refreshing.

You see, my brother. There's a spirit called the 'spirit of unbelief'. That's the spirit that makes you overlook all evidences and hold on to whatever you've been pre-programed to believe. When that spirit is in operation, the mind controls the man rather than the man controlling the mind. It takes a miraculous intervention of the Holy Spirit for a man to be set free from the spirit of unbelief. That's why salvation itself is a miracle. We can only preach. God would do the rest.
Re: According To The Islamic Narrative: It Appears that Gabriel is a Co-Creator by TenQ: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2023
FxMasterz:

My beloved brother, I've been off for sometime. Seeing your new post in exposing the satanic deception going on in Islam is quite refreshing.

You see, my brother. There's a spirit called the 'spirit of unbelief'. That's the spirit that makes you overlook all evidences and hold on to whatever you've been pre-programed to believe. When that spirit is in operation, the mind controls the man rather than the man controlling the mind. It takes a miraculous intervention of the Holy Spirit for a man to be set free from the spirit of unbelief. That's why salvation itself is a miracle. We can only preach. God would do the rest.
It is worse if there are no preachers!

The god of the world has sent his delusion to men as Islam: Only God can save them.

However, they have to listen to their conscience and ask Questions.
Only after that can they become FREE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti Tithers. Please Give Me 2 Refs Where We Are Told To Give Offering In NT / To All Nl Users / Efizi Nite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.