Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,038 members, 7,928,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 09:06 AM

This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made (1265 Views)

Brabus' World's Most Powerful Twelve-cylinder SUV Is 4½ Times The Price Of G63 / The ₦3.3 Billion Centodieci: The Most Powerful Bugatti Hypercar Yet / Check Out The 43 Years Evolution Of Volkswagen Golf From MK1 To MK7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by ibinaboonline: 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
The R 333 Edition Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made

Once upon a time, not too long ago, the celebratory VW Golf R 20 Years was the most potent road-going Golf, thanks to a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that cranked out 329 horsepower. It also came with an R Performance package to enhance the driving dynamic. You see, the German automaker has offered hundreds of engines for the Golf nameplate since its introduction in 1974 but none can match the robustness of the latest 4-pot motivating the 20 Years Edition, not even the 6-cylinder VR6 that Volkswagen introduced in 1991.

The company's head of product communications, Stefan Voswinkel, was happy to tell everyone via LinkedIn that all 333 units of the Golf R 333 sold out in just eight minutes. This is despite the compact hatchback toting a price tag that's more expensive than the Audi RS3. No surprise there. That’s what happens when you introduce the most powerful Golf R yet. It also means that the R333 is the most expensive Golf you may never own.

In case you’re late to the party and wondering what the fuzz is about, the 2023 Volkswagen Golf R 333 Edition is a special-edition Golf R model that the company says is “a potential collector’s item.” It’s a high-performance hatchback that offers an unparalleled driving experience, blending power, agility, and advanced features. In this detailed review, we'll take you through the impressive performance, design, technology, and safety aspects of the latest Golf R, showcasing why it's worth drooling over by any driving enthusiast.

2023 Golf R 333 Delivers A Power-Packed Performance

The 2023 Volkswagen Golf R 333 Edition gets power from a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that generates an impressive 333 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque.

This powertrain, paired with a quick-shifting seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and 4MOTION all-wheel drive, allows the Golf R 333 Edition to sprint from 0-60 mph in just 4.1 seconds.

That’s 14 extra ponies that VW engineers managed to wring from the 4-pot by tinkering with the inlet and exhaust system. This is amidst the company’s obsession with electric propulsion these days.

With the R333’s throttle valve always fully open, you get a responsive acceleration on demand. The Golf R 333 Edition also boasts an adaptive suspension system, providing drivers with a customizable driving experience.

Choose from Comfort, Sport, and Race modes to suit your driving preferences or road conditions, ensuring optimal handling and performance at all times.

The Golf R 333 Is Big On The Sleek And Sporty Design

The 2023 Golf R 333 Edition's exterior features a unique and sporty design, setting it apart from the standard Golf lineup. Its aggressive front fascia, large air intakes, distinctive LED headlights, and R-specific badges create a bold, athletic appearance.

The vehicle's rear flaunts a prominent roof spoiler, quad exhaust tips, and an eye-catching diffuser, emphasizing its performance pedigree.

Inside, the Golf R 333 Edition offers a premium, race-inspired cabin. The sports seats, wrapped in Nappa leather, provide excellent support and comfort, while the flat-bottomed steering wheel with paddle shifters enhances the sporty feel.

Ambient lighting and carbon fiber promote a luxurious atmosphere in the cabin, making every drive an indulgent experience.

The 2023 Volkswagen Golf R 333’s Cutting-Edge Technology

The 2023 Volkswagen Golf R 333 Edition comes equipped with Volkswagen's latest infotainment system, housed in a 10-inch touchscreen display.

This system offers seamless smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, built-in navigation, and a premium Harman Kardon audio system for an immersive listening experience.

Other notable technology features include a fully digital instrument cluster, wireless charging, and a Wi-Fi hotspot, ensuring you stay connected and informed during your drive.

Read the full article here: https://www.carsandhorsepower.com/featured/the-r-333-edition-is-the-most-powerful-volkswagen-golf-ever-made

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by princeade86(m): 5:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
Weldon tinubu for making us dey suffer ooooo
Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by ibinaboonline: 12:52am On Jul 01, 2023
Tinubu no dey for this topic na. But I feel u Sha.
princeade86:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by Day169: 6:17am On Jul 01, 2023
This may be the most powerful 'production' VW Golf, but I saw one with the W12 engine on Top Gear, producing 552bhp. cool
.. a nice read, however.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by ibinaboonline: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
Never heard of a 500+bhp Golf. It must have been modded. Would be exciting to see it.
Day169:
This may be the most powerful 'production' VW Golf, but I saw one with the W12 engine on Top Gear, producing 552bhp. cool
.. a nice read, however.
Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by ibinaboonline: 6:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Never heard of a 500+bhp Golf. It must have been modded. Would be exciting to see it.
Oh my God, I've just found it on YouTube. A 650-hp Golf GTI 😄. Who does that to a FWD hatchback? You're right, it's not a production Golf. It's a pet project amounting to a parts bin sourced from everywhere, including Audi R8 and Bentley. The W12 is particularly from Bentley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhFKIFoBPU

1 Like

Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by Day169: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Oh my God, I've just found it on YouTube. A 650-hp Golf GTI 😄. Who does that to a FWD hatchback? You're right, it's not a production Golf. It's a pet project amounting to a parts bin sourced from everywhere, including Audi R8 and Bentley. The W12 is particularly from Bentley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhFKIFoBPU
That's it bro..
So it's even 650bhp! shocked
Phat mehn!!

1 Like

Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by ibinaboonline: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
At first, I thought what you read about in Top Gear must have been the R8 Audi. Then I found the thing on YouTube. The soundtrack from the exhaust should be thrilling.
Day169:

That's it bro..
So it's even 650bhp! shocked
Phat mehn!!

1 Like

Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by Day169: 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2023
ibinaboonline:
At first, I thought what you read about in Top Gear must have been the R8 Audi. Then I found the thing on YouTube. The soundtrack from the exhaust should be thrilling.
It's a monster!

1 Like

Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by saysugar(m): 10:33am On Jul 02, 2023
princeade86:
this one of obi labourer grin ;. The pain of labour in vain no easy! Bobo u better get sense, u follow life as e dey go, if ur company no increase ur salary at this time around in nigeria run to another better job ,companies will increase salaries when notice low workers.
Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by princeade86(m): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
saysugar:
this one of obi labourer grin ;. The pain of labour in vain no easy! Bobo u better get sense, u follow life as e dey go, if ur company no increase ur salary at this time around in nigeria run to another better job ,companies will increase salaries when notice low workers.
continue
Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by kernniejay(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
A 2.0 turbocharged 4 cylinder? VW wants to make a speed monster Golf and at same time, still maintain that 4 cylinder tradition of Golf lineage. Just like a Peugeot 508 turbocharged 4 cylinder I came across recently, economy and performance combined. Not a bad idea I must say.
Re: This Is The Most Powerful Volkswagen Golf Ever Made by ibinaboonline: 10:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
You nailed it👌. The 4-pot is a tradition with the Golf, especially. The trick is milking more power from them, just like Koenigsegg did with the Tiny Friendly Giant.
kernniejay:
A 2.0 turbocharged 4 cylinder? VW wants to make a speed monster Golf and at same time, still maintain that 4 cylinder tradition of Golf lineage. Just like a Peugeot 508 turbocharged 4 cylinder I came across recently, economy and performance combined. Not a bad idea I must say.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Electrical Issues, Input Needed. / Can The Kind Of Ride Someone Uses Define The Kind Of Person He Is? / My Fuel Gauge Drop Flat ....................please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.