Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,316 members, 7,943,778 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) (30542 Views)

How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) / Giant Species Banana Trees Found In Papua New Guinea / Please How Do Sell My Plantain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by callmevirus(m): 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
Whatever will be will if you like add dog shit your plants will grow when they like
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by merits(m): 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:
I planted this giant Malaysian plantain suckling (4) 2 weeks ago in my backyard but it is yet to start growing. The other grown plantain tree has around 15 suckling clearly sprouting out but at a slow rate. I once dug hole near the roots and used fertilizer seeds on it but didn't see any result.

On the other hand, my banana sucklings are growing slowly unlike my neighbor's that are growing very fast with the leaves all over the fence.

I heard fowl or pig dump can work wonders but the former is scarce in my area. I am now planning on using pig dump

I need your suggestions pls..

The land you planted on is not fertile, orelse you change them to fertile loamy soil area.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
I hope you didn't plant them on the same land ? Please separate them immediately

Fowl dung is VERY good but make sure you use gloves because of its acidic nature
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Popeonah(m): 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
It's simple, they are three ways you can make them grow faster, but make sure you stick to one and make sure you complete it.

1) kidnap half of the banana and plantain suckers and threaten the remaining ones to grow fast or they die too.

2) uproot the sucker and take it to court, yes, you heard me, take it to court. It must grow fast

3) do you have stove and pot and water, what are you waiting for again, boil better hot water pour for their body. All those rubbish go just stop. Boom they will just grow.

Don't bother thanking me. It my work of service. You're welcome though

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:
I planted this giant Malaysian plantain suckling (4) 2 weeks ago in my backyard but it is yet to start growing. The other grown plantain tree has around 15 suckling clearly sprouting out but at a slow rate. I once dug hole near the roots and used fertilizer seeds on it but didn't see any result.

On the other hand, my banana sucklings are growing slowly unlike my neighbor's that are growing very fast with the leaves all over the fence.

I heard fowl or pig dump can work wonders but the former is scarce in my area. I am now planning on using pig dump

you don't plant plantain suckers closer to each other like that and expect it to grow faster...if you add anything to it to grow faster it will eventually grow bigger faster and fall afterwards..

In a simple terms you plant them closer to each other and that's why Tinubu said Let the poor breeef you no let them breef that's why

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by HeraldAgric01(m): 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
This soil is heavily leached/flooded and lacking organic matter your banana require to blossom. Try and look for organic manure or compost to pour around and over the banana roots. This will gradually release essential nutrients your banana needs and improve the soil composition. Take note, the smell of organic fertiliser might be a concern if the proximity to residential area is in context. Inorganic fertiliser such as NPK, urea is odourless but not too good for the soil and get easily absorbed/leached during heavy rainfall.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Earthstorms(m): 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:
Banana

These banana suckers are not healthy suckers.

You should have planted sword suckers.

Even when they grow big, their yield will be poor.

Get better suckers
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by RenaissanceGuy: 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
The soil around the plantains/banana looks like it's a concrete. Is that not very obvious enough??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Countersam(m): 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:

Pig dump is excellent.
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by fineboynl(m): 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
Use catfish discharge water. Its the best and work faster and wonder. It has to be constant spraying of the smelling water weekly. Not just a once thing.
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
There's nothing like plantain or banana tree in Agriculture and in English language
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by OmonnakOdapig: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2023
cool
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by MissOpe(f): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:

Are you really worried that your banana sucklings aren't growing at the pace you want or you're really worried that it's not growing in comparison with that of your neighbour'
See my dear, stop comparing your growth with that of your neighbour, just as humans will not grow at the same pace, bananas will also not grow at the same pace as well..

For comparison is the thief of Joy....

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Blueace247(f): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2023
Possibly not a good breed!

For you academic writing

https://www.nairaland.com/7750619/academic-writer
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Highways: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2023
Yes the soil needs to be fortified, add some manure but not the one that has not decomposed...
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by isycollins(m): 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
It is a good thing,what variety of plantain did you use
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Dailybeau: 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2023
The banana leaves is one of the major factors that facilitates it growth.. Don't cut or trim it off....Avoid urinating or pouring things that has salt content to where it is planted.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by GeneralPula: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:

You’re using a sandy soil. Here are the things you’ll need to do and it will help them grow faster:

Let them plant be getting enough sunlight

Water it regularly. Soil should always be moist cuz banana grows well in Humid environment. ( Don’t overwater tho so soil don’t turn soggy)

Get a fertilizer that’s high in potassium. Banana does extremely well when there’s high potassium in the soil..

Your natural fertilizer suggestion isn’t bad but you need to be careful during application - don’t let the manure touch them stem!
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Patented: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:

The soil looks like it is low in organic content (meaning it may also be low in nutrients) and it looks very compacted (poorly drained) not much can be done about soil drainage now, so best option is to apply fertilizer or manure. I would recommend manure that has been allowed to age about 2 weeks. apply the manure to the base of the plants. fresh manure has the potential to harm the plants.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by nattyGENT: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2023
Always dig a wide and a bit deep hole before planting you plantain or banana and don't cover the sand all back into the hole, but compact the sand at the base of the plant. So just dig a hole around the plantain base and be pouring enough water into it morning & evening. You can cut grasses and heap at the base to decay and form manure.

You will thank me later.

But always uproot healthy suckers for planting.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by 9182736455O1999(m): 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:

The land is infertile. You should dig plenty of clay soil (mud) from somewhere else and fill every corner round the bottom of the suckling.
This will help it grow better and much stronger.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by omasanbobo(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2023
Bluezy13:

Okay.
Although the fence serves a purpose of protecting from wind, it also limits its absorption, yet with enough soil to its stem,
(1) Allow it to have maximum attention of the sun (Natural) and/or
(2) Use fertilizer.
(3) Avoid clustering of more than 2 or 3.

Make do with my contribution until you have better ideas.
All these methods don't apply in nature, I've seen bunch of plantain and banna tree clustered together and yet did just fine with zero human input.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Cutiekatty: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:
Plantain
Tell her to apply patient into the soil and thank me later
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Desusi: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:

No contribution?
First,l observed your location is a sandy area. Get a small quantity of goat excrement, prepare a hole to plant your plantain,add some of this excrement in it first,before you put the sucker,cover it with sand and add quantity water on it.That's all.
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Ezemeiyogu(m): 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2023
Heap maize cobs round the base. Other organic fertilizer sources will enrich it. Then don't rush it.

You will soon not see a space to stand because it can spread like wildfires.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Find charcoal and pour it around

What are the nutrients in charcoal that would be beneficial to the plantain and banana plants?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Gtwix: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
Me sef, how can I add hight shocked undecided I short like el rufai, I want tall like Nwankwo kanu shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by AfonjaPriest: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:

It may sound like a joke, human farces works better.
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Alusiizizi(m): 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:

Should I grind the fertilizer into powder form or use it like that? What is the best fertilizer for plantain?

I have a good formula for you.

1/2 cup of ammonium nitrate(AKA. Fertilizer).
1/2 cup of sugar.
2 tablespoons of pure aluminum.

Put the sugar in a pot, and the pot on a slow fire. Allow the heat to melt the sugar to a white syrup.
While the sugar is still liquid and hot, slowly pour in the ammonium nitrate and stir regularly.
Now we pour in our 2 tablespoons of pure aluminum, once again, stirring regularly.

(A note on aluminum. This is a metal that bonds readily with oxygen in the air, producing AL2O3, but this is not what we want. Pure
aluminum will often be contained inside a fuel oil because of this).

Now after the mixture is done, pour it in a canister.
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by DavSagacity(m): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:

No. I need to do something

Get dry poultry manure and apply it at a radius of 15 cm round each plant. Also that spacing is too close to each other. The plants hshould have enough space for foliage to spread and thrive. Discard the middle plant inthe first pics. Though they are too close to the fence .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me On Broilers Feed Formulation Procedure / Rice Mill At Omor In Anambra Abandoned By FG / Price Of Fish Feeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.