Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,353 members, 7,891,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:09 PM

My encounter with an elderly woman today. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My encounter with an elderly woman today. (2215 Views)

Man Seeks Help To Locate Family Of Elderly Woman Found Roaming In Osun / Wives Living In Nigeria And Husbands Abroad: My Encounter / My Encounter With A Married Man Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Sonnobax15(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2023
Today was such a great day,and one I wouldn't wish to forget in a hurry.....I had an encounter with an elderly woman who came all the way from Benin city just to bring a container of soup she prepared for her son who's been residing in Ughelli, Delta state........Her reason was that this son of hers complained about how much he had missed his mother's soup because it's been over a year since he left Benin for Delta.......So she took the pains, irrespective of the distance barrier and insecurity,to cook her son's favorite soup and bring it down here for her son...I was really down, emotionally;wondering how wonderful a mother's love could be.....I know my own late mother would have done the same thing for me if she were alive sad.

Well, before she left,she also gave her son #500 cheesy. Just imagine the show of love cheesy. A man in his early 40's experiencing true love cheesy. I couldn't hold back the tears that already found its way into my eyes sad. Indeed, mother's love is second to none...... A day I will never love to forget cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Solidkay(m): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2023
That woman obviously doesn't belong to this generation of slay mamas and tiktok set of women,
She's among the last set of her kind.

God bless every great mothers out there.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by VeryWickedPrick: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
Well, before she left,she also gave her son #500 cheesy. Just imagine the show of love cheesy. A man in his early 40's experiencing true love cheesy. I couldn't hold back the tears that already found its way into my eyes sad. Indeed, mother's love is second to none...... A day I will never love to forget cheesy

At age 40 your mama stin dey give you pocket money.
Fools at 40 are better than you but you don't know.

3 Likes

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by shawante(m): 11:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
A mother's love is unconditional.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by ImmanuelMyron(m): 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
What's the great lesson here?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by JeffreyJunior: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2023
VeryWickedPrick:

Some of these things don't just go away so easily, it takes time.

Whenever I'm around, my mum will always ask me before I leave the house for hangout "the cash on you, will it be enough for you?" and looking at her, you'll see she is ready to reach her purse for cash or debit card.

That's something she'd done for years and now, she finds it hard to stop even with all the realities before her.

The man might have given his mum some money but that didn't stop her from giving him that 500 naira. It's a routine she might have been used to.

My maternal grandpa still remained food for me the last time I saw him and it was embarrassing because I went with a friend but I ate the food to make him happy.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Caramia2020(m): 3:13am On Jul 04, 2023
The bond between good parents and their children is beyond understanding, they can go to any length for their children but if u jam a bad parent that see taking care of their children as a burden yet they produce every year, u will imagine where that thinking faculty came from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by SporaD8: 3:35am On Jul 04, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

Whenever I'm around, my mum will always ask me before I leave the house for hangout "the cash on you, will it be enough for you?" and looking at her, you'll see she is ready to reach her purse for cash or debit card.

That's something she'd done for years and now, she finds it hard to stop even with all the realities before her.

The man might have given his mum some money but that didn't stop her from giving him that 500 naira. It's a routine she might have been used to.

My maternal grandpa still remained food for me the last time I saw him and it was embarrassing because I went with a friend but I ate the food to make him happy.
I'm sincerely embarrassed that you have to go through the pain of explaining these common things!
Please note that - not everyone has got the reference, or rare privilege of growing up around their elderly relatives so they can't really relate.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by sisisioge: 4:10am On Jul 04, 2023
May God bless good parents....they are the real salt of the earth. No matter how old a son or daughter is, he/she will always be his/her parent's child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Candidlady: 4:25am On Jul 04, 2023
Sorry bout your mum bax cry

Women are gifts to this world.. this earth would have gone to the dogs if it were just men on it

Everyday Idream of a world where it will only be women

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by SporaD8: 4:53am On Jul 04, 2023
Candidlady:

Women are gifts to this world.. this earth would have gone to the dogs if it were just men on it

I wonder how that world will be🤔
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Nobody: 5:14am On Jul 04, 2023
Never tasted my mother's food first 16 years after marriage because my wife is a better cook.
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Sonnobax15(m): 6:35am On Jul 04, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

Bro,you shouldn't have gone through the stress of explaining to him... He's only trying to be sarcastic, that's all.
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Olarewaju89: 6:48am On Jul 04, 2023
Candidlady:

What men are facing today is because of women disobedient, or you don't know?

Speaking with the devil face to face.

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by tommy589(m): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2023
VeryWickedPrick:

grin grin grin
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by ahnie: 7:43am On Jul 04, 2023
Olarewaju89:

What men are facing today is because of women disobedient, or you don't know?

Speaking with the devil face to face.
Who was the photographer that actually took this picture.
Or was it the mere imagination of men or a simple pictorial illustrative drawing.

Chai if only we could hear Eve's part of the story cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Olarewaju89: 7:52am On Jul 04, 2023
ahnie:

Who was the photographer that actually took this picture.
Or was it the mere imagination of men or a simple pictorial illustration drawing.

Chai if only we could hear Eve's part of the story cheesy

OK. Maybe when we get to heaven we will ask eve.

But honestly you women are the cost of our problem.

My wife always disagree with me whenever i told this.
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by EMMARNUEL: 9:43am On Jul 04, 2023
Candidlady:

GOD PUNISH YOU. This world would have been a better place without "EVE" Bleep you, idiot.
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by stacyadams: 10:03am On Jul 04, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
GOD PUNISH YOU. This world would have been a better place without "EVE" Bleep you, idiot.
..haha...no let her comment worry u... Nigerian girls are useless,all of them...
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Pastor137(m): 11:30am On Jul 04, 2023
Nice story
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Kajaard: 11:38am On Jul 04, 2023
Candidlady:

You started with sense and ended with nonsense.
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Pastor137(m): 11:47am On Jul 04, 2023
Candidlady:

**singing**Him mama wan am eee leave Igbo him sister wan am eee leave ganja.
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by mariahAngel(f): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2023
Skyview01:
Never tasted my mother's food first 16 years after marriage because my wife is a better cook.

So, you turned down your mother's food every time you visited her for those 16years simply because your wife is a better cook?
Or was it that she didn't offer you food?
Do you eat her food now?
What changed?
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2023
mariahAngel:

So, you turned down your mother's food every time you visited her for those 16years simply because your wife is a better cook?
Or was it that she didn't offer you food?
Do you eat her food now?
What changed?

Nope. Did not turn down. Was not usually around at food time when I go to visit my mum and never specifically asked for food when around . Growing up, I was hard to please with food. My wife is simply good!

1 Like

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Sharpsharp00123: 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2023
Sonnobax15:
Today was such a great day,and one I wouldn't wish to forget in a hurry.....I had an encounter with an elderly woman who came all the way from Benin city just to bring a container of soup she prepared for her son who's been residing in Ughelli, Delta state........Her reason was that this son of hers complained about how much he had missed his mother's soup because it's been over a year since he left Benin for Delta.......So she took the pains, irrespective of the distance barrier and insecurity,to cook her son's favorite soup and bring it down here for her son...I was really down, emotionally;wondering how wonderful a mother's love could be.....I know my own late mother would have done the same thing for me if she were alive sad.

mama still dey give a man in his 40 500 naira?

I pray we all reading this will not experience it in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by FuckkMOD: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2023
When I was still home at 27, my mom would give me money for bike, and give me money whenever she feels like. I was working from home and I was doing fine for myself. I am still owing her seff from the moneys I took that I never paid back. She has the list of the money I collected, I paid some and never paid others, she has a provision store so its very easy to get money from her. I love her so much,, May God bless her for me
VeryWickedPrick:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by FuckkMOD: 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2023
I pray so too, I really dont think there us anything wrong in that if the man is doing well for himself.
My grandma still brings foodstuff (she works in the market) for us once in a while and adds money sometimes even though my dad has two cars and 3 houses. It's mother's love. There is nothing bad here if the son in question is doing well for himself.
Sharpsharp00123:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
Eiya but not all mothers love their children.
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Sonnobax15(m): 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
FuckkMOD:
When I was still home at 27, my mom would give me money for bike, and give me money whenever she feels like. I was working from home and I was doing fine for myself. I am still owing her seff from the moneys I took that I never paid back. She has the list of the money I collected, I paid some and never paid others, she has a provision store so its very easy to get money from her. I love her so much,, May God bless her for me
🙏
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by dkidd: 2:41am On Aug 17, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

My dad still does this sometimes when I go visiting... Instead of calling the help to come take the plates away he calls me and I know why 😂
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by dkidd: 2:44am On Aug 17, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

It's not about the money or lack of it... If them check u now shishi u no get but u fools come online to claim rubbish.
Re: My encounter with an elderly woman today. by Nobody: 4:35am On Aug 17, 2023
Awww, that's so sweet. God bless her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Somebody Help Me, After A Week Visit To My Sister Is Waging War On Me And Family / Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father / Which State Is The Best To Marry From In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.