Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,498 members, 7,968,358 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 05:19 AM

Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? (339 Views)

What Igbos Pretend Not To Know! / New Report: Church Paid People To Pretend God Healed Them / Gunmen Pretend To Be Mariachi Musicians And Killed 5 People In Mexico City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? by IamPlato(m): 8:59am On Jul 04, 2023
Why do men speak good of dead people even if they were not good people? Why do men travel miles to attend burials but refuse to send financial help when they were alive? Why do we prefer to spend massive money burying people instead of helping them earlier with that money? Why do we hate people when they are alive but act sad when we hear they are dead? Why do we speak bad of people but when they die we speak good? Why do we wait for people to die before we tell them how much we loved them?

These and many more we do for dead people, why? Of what use is it to the dead? Or is this us pretending to be good people ourselves when we are not?
I remember a guy who shared his experience at a burial, he said he was confused and surprised to hear people climb the pulpit and say a lot of good things about the dead men despite the fact that everybody knew him as very irresponsible, a womanizer and a wife beater… he said there was a lot of lies flying around even from the pastor. Instead of saying all these lies why not just carry on with burying the dead and sing hymns to God and move on?

I remember the burial of a man whom I knew to be quite poor and could hardly sustain his kids' schooling fees, he fell very sick with a kidney problem and died because he had no money to transplant, his burial was massive with enough food to eat and drinks, they killed a cow, the families wore matching clothes, is this no joke. I was confused maybe they probably discovered that he had a secret wealth somewhere but he didn’t.

When I observe the way men act and react to life’s situations I can clearly state to you that more of us are shameless hypocrites and the honest and truthful ones amongst us are hated by the majority.

No man is ready to call out the faults of a man before his face, we prefer to say it behind him and when he dies we come forward and speak a lot of false good things. No man is ready to accept the truth about themselves even though they know how messed up they are, if you call their faults out to them they would hate you for it… should you hate the truth speaker or think about the truth.

Men preach good things and say good things that every other person should be doing while they themselves are doing the exact opposite of it, what annoys me is the fact that they still continue to preach good and continue to do the bad and they criticize and scold people who do the bad.

For example, you dive into scamming people of their money then one day you get scammed and you go angry and wish death upon one who scammed you, you yourself should not be breathing or don’t you know that? We put ourselves on a path of evil that selfishly favors us but get angered when others use such a path against us.
A pastor preaches about how much he hates men who cheat on their wives, he goes on and on about how he would expose such men if caught when he himself is an unrepentant cheater.

The world we live in today is built on a solid foundation of lies, so many lies that if the world starts confessing, a world war would break out in an instant… there is no saving us from this, we can only save ourselves by starting afresh this time with a little more honesty… but how possible is that?

SOURCE:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02dxRhVx2UyHTM5JDMyTifkzVnEMtsHVRHpQvhM7wwyoa8UNzVm28Vay1wCSwRQaLxl&id=100090235242637&mibextid=ZbWKwL

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? by TemplarLandry: 9:01am On Jul 04, 2023
grin
Re: Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? by RECTEM: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2023
Because that is the nature of peole. When people die it's not necessary a good thing for everyone else. It's pretty simple if you ask me, that means that person just wants to look good in front of others who are truly griefing. When you hate somebody and they die, you don't want to actually just blurt it out and say you hate them. What would the others think? You are showing your bad side to them. When you do they will think. “Ah, what a horrible person, better not associate with them any further.” And you will think “That's not good, even when you're dead you still find a way to win their sympathy? It's pathetic to be honest. If I blurted out my own opinion they will find me horrible. And thats unacceptable.” Making you a goody-two shoes who just pretends to be concerned just because your dead. They wear a face mask, because for them it's a pain to have others screeching and gossiping behind your back saying your a horrible person

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? by Zaheertyler(m): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2023
Dem Dey fear ojuju
If not Nigerians no fear you ooo
Them go talk their mind
Who want make it sprit hunt am?
Abeg anybody way die for Nigeria na good person
In fact he was loved by all
Re: Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? by Jimmythewise: 9:49am On Jul 04, 2023
Because we live in a world where everyone pretends.

There are no role models on earth and there is no true love either.

Humans are extremely greedy and selfish beings who "chase clout" at any given opportunity.

Have you seen the way pastors pride themselves as though they are more special than you but they still preach against pride.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? by sucemt(m): 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
Because they can no longer expose our hypocrisy, so we use their death to chase clout and form like holy saints and angels
Re: Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? by IamPlato(m): 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2023
sucemt:
Because they can no longer expose our hypocrisy, so we use their death to chase clout and form like holy saints and angels
Hmmm
Re: Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? by IamPlato(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2023
RECTEM:
Because that is the nature of peole. When people die it's not necessary a good thing for everyone else. It's pretty simple if you ask me, that means that person just wants to look good in front of others who are truly griefing. When you hate somebody and they die, you don't want to actually just blurt it out and say you hate them. What would the others think? You are showing your bad side to them. When you do they will think. “Ah, what a horrible person, better not associate with them any further.” And you will think “That's not good, even when you're dead you still find a way to win their sympathy? It's pathetic to be honest. If I blurted out my own opinion they will find me horrible. And thats unacceptable.” Making you a goody-two shoes who just pretends to be concerned just because your dead. They wear a face mask, because for them it's a pain to have others screeching and gossiping behind your back saying your a horrible person
Hmmm makes a a lot of sense
Re: Why Do We Pretend To Love People When They Die? by IamPlato(m): 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2023
Jimmythewise:
Because we live in a world where everyone pretends.

There are no role models on earth and there is no true love either.

Humans are extremely greedy and selfish beings who "chase clout" at any given opportunity.

Have you seen the way pastors pride themselves as though they are more special than you but they still preach against pride.

Omo Pastors are another topic on their own

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress, Chioma Chukwuka Breaks Up With Husband / 10ft Caravan Empty Container For Sale / Yahaya Bello Said Peter Obi Won 2023 Election But He Helped Rig It For Tinubu? F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.