Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,716 members, 7,938,181 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road (19688 Views)

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / Neatly Used Audi A4 Car Up For Sale First Body At Good Price In Lagos / This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by ukandi1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
Yes.

It depends on what you want and where you live.
I have my 2 cars all Toyota lifted by slightly adjusting the shocks up by 1 inch.
Why did I do this?
1. I am not in formula 1 competition to worry about stability. It's true the stability Is comprised but not as you fear.
2. The visits to mechanic shop for shaft, exhaust system and adjustment of bumpers was too frequent for my liking. Now that has stopped.
3. There were some bad roads I couldn't drive through because I got stucked all the time. Now isn't a lot easier navigating some village roads .

In all of these, I had to compromise the factory stability

1 Like

Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Cromagnon: 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
Harmonize234:
Please don’t, I did it to my es330 and the steering pump show me shege, it affected the steering pump and I changed pump more than 5 times. Because of the added higher it kept stretching the pump pipe and damaging it.
My advice is to maneuver slowly and professionally when driving
get a line pipe
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by MostIncredibleDFirst: 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
Harmonize234:
Please don’t, I did it to my es330 and the steering pump show me shege, it affected the steering pump and I changed pump more than 5 times. Because of the added higher it kept stretching the pump pipe and damaging it.
My advice is to maneuver slowly and professionally when driving

This is not a good idea for German cars. I did same for my Mercedes Benz C300 4matic, and I have just discovered that it is what is causing my steering pump to fail.
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Harmonize234: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2023
MostIncredibleDFirst:

This is not a good idea for German cars. I did same for my Mercedes Benz C300 4matic, and I have just discovered that it is what is causing my steering pump to fail.

My brother I learnt the hard way and I’ll not try it again
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Manuella4ace: 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
Harmonize234:

My brother I learnt the hard way and I’ll not try it again

Maybe you over lifted it
I increased the front by half inch, while the rear by 1inch.

And no issue ever
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by seniorgozman(m): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2023
Manuella4ace:

My oga, Ive developed 100% technicality on passing bad road, but road bump is too must in the south east and my covet is quite high, so I tried everything possible even bought brand new tire bigger size and still yet it still Scape the bump and covet, my dear I have no option than to lift up.

My neighbours don patch their exhaust tire, I don't think I can endure the patch patch of exhaust oo.
I drive Mercedes C300 4matic, there is no bad road that I can not pass without stress. All you need is patience and study the nature of the road so as to know how to arrange your tyres.
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Manuella4ace: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2023
seniorgozman:

I drive Mercedes C300 4matic, there is no bad road that I can not pass without stress. All you need is patience and study the nature of the road so as to know how to arrange your tyres.

Where do you reside?
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by seniorgozman(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Where do you reside?
Ebonyi State
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Manuella4ace: 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2023
seniorgozman:

Ebonyi State

Una don get nice good and smooth road recently nah, assuming you dey Anambra, if your c300 enter awada only, you will hate your car.
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Manuella4ace: 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
seniorgozman:

When I was driving my c200k w203 rubber pads was added to the rear springs top and bottom and the rear height was lifted instantly.
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by seniorgozman(m): 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Una don get nice good and smooth road recently nah, assuming you dey Anambra, if your c300 enter awada only, you will hate your car.
I don't know much about Anambra but I have attended wedding at Uga with the car
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Manuella4ace: 9:44pm On Jul 09, 2023
seniorgozman:

I don't know much about Anambra but I have attended wedding at Uga with the car

Ok
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by fineboynl(m): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
Manuella4ace:

When I was driving my c200k w203 rubber pads was added to the rear springs top and bottom and the rear height was lifted instantly.
how want this done?
Re: Is Lifting A Car Up Good Because Of Bad Road by Manuella4ace: 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2023
fineboynl:
how want this done?

My mechanic then bought some rubber pads design for springs, they have markings 1, 2 ,3 so he bought the one with number 3, 2 pieces for each spring, put one at the top of the spring and one at the bottom of the spring, before installing the spring back to the vehicle.
The lift was just done to the rear only.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solar-powered Tricycle Reportedly Built By Nigerian Man In Lagos (photos) / Lanre Shittu Motors Unveils CNG Buses, Mobile Refilling Facility / Iranian Engineers Unveil Carbon Copy Lamborghini Murcielago SV Sportscar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.