Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,326 members, 7,881,211 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea (310 Views)

Retired Colonel Hassan Stan-Labo Is Dead / Colonel Hassan Stan-Labo: “I Was Harrased By SARS Despite My Rank” / Colonel Hassan Stan Labo: 'Soldiers Are Trained To Kill' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by Roving1: 10:47am On Jul 06, 2023
Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB now – Hassan Stan-Labo Plead FG As Southeast Boils

Former Army Intelligence Officer, Col Hassan Stan-Labo (rtd) has called on the Federal Government to initiate conversation with the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, and its detained leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

He made the call on Wednesday while reacting to the unrest in the South-East occasioned by the enforcement of a one week sit-at-home by the secessionist group.

Hassan, who spoke during an interview with Arise Television, opined that the best way to tackle the menace arising from the activities of the secessionist group is to release Kanu.

He said, “One major deal in the Southeast which I think will cool off a great deal of nerves is to bring out Nnamdi Kanu.

“Pull that gentleman out, stop this incarceration. I know some of his pronouncements are offensive, and there was a need to take certain actions. But Nigeria itself is a family.

“When part of the family feels offended, as a parent, you sit the gentleman down and try to find out what are the problems? How do I help you?

“Can we start talking with Kanu? Can we start talking with IPOB? Can we start talking with other groups? I think conversation with some of these teams will go a long way in addressing the problems.

“Nnamdi Kanu should be released. The government should talk with Kanu and IPOB, it will help in addressing the problem.

“Further incarceration heightens the heroism over him, making him more relevant. Nigeria has made him a hero....”

Click below link to read full details

https://rovingposts.com/better-to-star-initiate-conversation-with-kanu-ipob-now-hassan-stan-labo-plead-fg-as-southeast-boils/
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by Jones4190(m): 10:52am On Jul 06, 2023
Those who faulted Tinubu’s Chicago University's Certificate in court to disqualify him are saying that tendering LP membership register is a PreElection matter.

So, it was during election that Tinibu went to Chicago University?
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by SmartPolician: 10:54am On Jul 06, 2023
Jones4190:
Those who faulted Tinubu’s Chicago University's Certificate in court to disqualify him are saying that tendering LP membership register is a PreElection matter.

Stick to the topic. Your comment has no connection with the topic.

1 Like

Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by helinues: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2023
Can't Igbo parents talk to their wards?

Why should the security of the whole region locked around Kanu being incarcerated?

Has Kanu brought ordinary pure water investment to any part of SE if not trouble?

Should Kanu be released and then continue from where he stopped by accusing, attacking and abusing others?

SE should put their house in order cos they are the ones suffering from the security challenges affecting their region.

You don't climb a tree in search of fishes
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by Jones4190(m): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2023
SmartPolician:

Stick to the topic. Your comment has no connection with the topic.
what is the difference between ipob, know gunmen and obidient group
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by helinues: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2023
Jones4190:

And how is this related to the topic?

You better read rule 1 properly
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by Urheadmaster(m): 11:06am On Jul 06, 2023
What is the differences between zombies and APC tongue
Jones4190:

what is the difference between ipob, know gunmen and obidient group
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by Jones4190(m): 11:07am On Jul 06, 2023
Urheadmaster:
What is the differences between zombies and APC tongue
e pain this one
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by Cooly100: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2023
helinues:
Can't Igbo parents talk to their wards?

Why should the security of the whole region locked around Kanu being incarcerated?

Has Kanu brought ordinary pure water investment to any part of SE if not trouble?

Should Kanu be released and then continue from where he stopped by accusing, attacking and abusing others?

SE should put their house in order cos they are the ones suffering from the security challenges affecting their region.

You don't climb a tree in search of fishes

What did your parent do when OPC were terrorising the SW...?

In mid July 1999, there was a major clash between Hausa and Yoruba in Sagamu, Ogun State. Scores of people were killed. The violence began following an argument over customs observed during the Oro festival, an annual Yoruba event which had not been disrupted by any disputes either before or since 1999. Yoruba and Hausa had agreed to respect a traditional night-time curfew usually observed during the festival. However, according to local residents, a fight erupted between the Yoruba and the Hausa after a Hausa woman was killed by a group of Yoruba because she had broken the curfew. The fighting escalated and the OPC intervened to support the Yoruba. Both sides were armed. At least sixty-eight Hausa were killed, including three boys between the ages of ten and fifteen; some were killed with guns, but the majority were killed with cutlasses. A number of Yoruba were also killed, including one of the Oro leaders. Some people were burnt inside their houses. (HRW Report)

1 Like

Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by helinues: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2023
Cooly100:

In mid July 1999, there was a major clash between Hausa and Yoruba in Sagamu, Ogun State. Scores of people were killed. The violence began following an argument over customs observed during the Oro festival, an annual Yoruba event which had not been disrupted by any disputes either before or since 1999. Yoruba and Hausa had agreed to respect a traditional night-time curfew usually observed during the festival. However, according to local residents, a fight erupted between the Yoruba and the Hausa after a Hausa woman was killed by a group of Yoruba because she had broken the curfew. The fighting escalated and the OPC intervened to support the Yoruba. Both sides were armed
. At least sixty-eight Hausa were killed, including three boys between the ages of ten and fifteen; some were killed with guns, but the majority were killed with cutlasses. A number of Yoruba were also killed, including one of the Oro leaders. Some people were burnt inside their houses. (HRW Report)

Are you talking about past events or present ones?
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by Parachoco: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2023
Pandora Supporters will agree with this, but wailed bitterly when Yerima suggested the same thing for Bandits
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by TheboyGhost(m): 11:55am On Jul 06, 2023
helinues:

Are you talking about past events or present ones?

The question was " what did your parents do when it was the Yorubas turn to defend themselves against others""

No dey dodge reasonable questions.
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by helinues: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2023
TheboyGhost:

The question was " what did your parents do when it was the Yorubas turn to defend themselves against others""

No dey dodge reasonable questions.

Except if you are insinuating that SE are just catching up with SW past mistakes.

Or?
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by Adurax: 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
Good one
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by TheboyGhost(m): 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2023
helinues:

Except if you are insinuating that SE are just catching up with SW past mistakes.

Or?

We don't have any business with you Yorubas and your whatever mistakes and any mistake we make still stand our mistakes, I wonder why una no dey leave Igbos matter to be sorted out by them.

Tufiakwa una.
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by ican2020: 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Will they listen to you?
Re: Better To Star Initiate Conversation With Kanu, IPOB Now – Hassan Stan-labo Plea by tommy589(m): 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2023
Cooly100:

In mid July 1999, there was a major clash between Hausa and Yoruba in Sagamu, Ogun State. Scores of people were killed. The violence began following an argument over customs observed during the Oro festival, an annual Yoruba event which had not been disrupted by any disputes either before or since 1999. Yoruba and Hausa had agreed to respect a traditional night-time curfew usually observed during the festival. However, according to local residents, a fight erupted between the Yoruba and the Hausa after a Hausa woman was killed by a group of Yoruba because she had broken the curfew. The fighting escalated and the OPC intervened to support the Yoruba. Both sides were armed. At least sixty-eight Hausa were killed, including three boys between the ages of ten and fifteen; some were killed with guns, but the majority were killed with cutlasses. A number of Yoruba were also killed, including one of the Oro leaders. Some people were burnt inside their houses. (HRW Report)

This Sagamu mayhem is an event not to be remembered. But what has been the aftermath? Commercial activities became almost nil,if not now that it's picking up bit by bit

Is it not better for the elders to rein in these boys,just like Yoruba elders did with OPC?

I read and copied a poem from a nairaland post,let me paste it maybe someone might find wisdom from it;

SIT AT HOME

Tomorrow they said I should sit at home and rest
Rest , even when my life bears no signs of fatigue or tiredness
Rest,sleep ,wake up and sleep again

Tomorrow they said I should sit at home and rest
Because our most senior brother, Dede is in jail
My kinsmen are rallying so hard to secure his bail
They've stocked piled all the monies in their suitcase
They've hired the best lawyers to fight his case
All their attention is on Dede and Dede alone
They don't care I live,die or starve to death

I tell you the truth !
This sit at home is heavy on me
But I'll bear no grudges on my kinsmen
I'll neither keep malice with them
At worst, I'll cook stones and drink the waters tomorrow

But when is time to collect the community levy
When its time to pay for August meeting
I'll open my two palms wide to the heavens
And echo !
My pocket is still sitting at home

© Nnamdi Nwaubani 2021

#lines_and_verses_of_the_minor_prophet[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Small Rain AGO Road Do Full (photo) / How FG Will Double Annual Revenue Without Increasing Taxes – Tinubu’s Aide. / In The History Of Nigeria Who Has Managed The Economy Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.