Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,953 members, 7,931,321 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:23 PM

Sequel - Nigerians Are Not Suffering In UK Stop Lying - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sequel - Nigerians Are Not Suffering In UK Stop Lying (2612 Views)

Nigerians In The UK Are Really Suffering / Flooding: We Are Suffering In Port Harcourt Here (Pictures) / Young Lady Spotted Lying Down On The Road In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Sequel - Nigerians Are Not Suffering In UK Stop Lying by Horlamidei(m): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2023
Dujardin:
Based on the falacy OP of this thread shared https://www.nairaland.com/7738556/nigerians-uk-really-suffering

I'm forced to open this one.

I don't know the motive behind this guy's story, perhaps to discourage others from travelling or just for attention. But one thing is certain, they are not ready to come back home so there must be something they aren't telling you.

I don't care about my English or writing skill so if you can't read it please stop here.

I am also in the UK, I used to be a software developer in Nigeria, worked remotely for my company till I left last month, now I work as a stock controller in a factory till I can at least finish my MSc. in September and get back on my career, and what I observed will be listed here.

1. You work for every minute you're paid for - that's their system, it thrives on meritocracy bore out of talent and hard work. You want better life? up-skill, no other way. Nigerians who are used to the padi-padi work place style are the ones that complain the most.

2. You are limited to menial jobs as a student - Many Nigerians will say they are suffering because they used to have a white collar job before now they are care giver. If you had done your homework well before leaving Nigeria, you would have known what awaits you in the UK as a student, and settle without stress with it, or stay back. The day I started the factory job was the first day I ever stepped my foot into any kind of factory. The biggest factory I've been to in Nigeria was a bakery.

3. You are suffering but can afford a shelter of #400,000 per month, and you are eating what you want - Where I stay in UK is like a Taraba State to Nigeria, cost of living is way low compared to other cities, and cheapest rent in my area for a student is £300 per month. These people earn based on the city they live and pay more rent than this every month, can afford to eat good food, send their children to school free of charge, and they see it as suffering?

Do they do menial job? Yes,
Are they getting enough money to go by? Yes.
Why complain? Get the skill to switch career if you're tired.

My conclusion is, everyone in life is supposed to work and then enjoy their fruit, no one is supposed to live life consuming more than they earn or live off others, but when you're used to that life in Nigeria where you can get free money or borrow and not pay back, you see this Western culture as suffering.

In all don't let anyone discourage you from leaving Nigeria and explore life if you can.

EDIT
The only set of people that are suffering are those staying illegally because their documents expired, but they can only blame themselves for still choosing to stay back, not condemn the whole travel thing.

100% true! That’s exactly the life here.

I was a Quality Control Assurance officer at home with a supervisor grade working in a tower and Galvanization Industries. My salary is not up to 100k a month with salary not coming on time.

I moved here to the Uk, doing cleaning jobs, mehn.., am happy with everything. All in my head now is how to stay.

I do cleaning jobs and I save minimum of 500pounds which is equivalent to 500k naira every month after bills plus rent and food and other stuffs. Now compare it to 9ja.

Like you said, these countries are not for people who are earning well and doing well at home..

This guys write up is 100% true. Even 200% true.

It needs to be moved to front page. It’s exactly the life here..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Calgary, Canada: Ranking, Tuition Fees, Cost Of Living Etc / New Series About Igbo Youth Living Outside Of Nigeria And Their Stories. / From Ibadan Minna.. How Much Is The Fare?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.