Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,133 members, 7,933,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:47 PM

What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? (9716 Views)

What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? / Today Is My Last Day Of Work, Wish Me Good Luck. / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by tiswell(m): 9:51am On Jul 07, 2023
Real niggars don't search for work,they create one where none exist.

more trekking for cowards!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by tishbite42: 9:52am On Jul 07, 2023
radiolover:
Na during this same kind waka car hit me from behind on Sunday.
Trekking and thinking at the same time makes one oblivious of moving cars sef
May God help us all

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by 3RNEST(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2023
grin Can't remember wen
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by itslinkin4005(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2023
Chifriend:
Those who know Calabar know the distance I am talking about here.

I trekked all the way from Scanabo in 8 miles to UNICAL to submit my credentials to someone.

Life of an applicant is a painful life.

I don't know how many kilometers that would be but it's quite a long distance. Almost like trekking from one LGA to the other. I have trekked from woji to Uniport in choba..

The distance I have covered trekking in search of work the last two weeks, if I sum together may cross one state into another.

It's not because I like trekking but because I may not have the transport fare and the cost of transportation now is very high.

It's a big burden on struggling Nigerians.

Sometimes you get caught by rain and your clothes get soaked. Hmmmm.

I'm right inside UNICAL now but warming up to make my return.

God help me through as I return.
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by Creamypie(m): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2023
Trekking will favour me and my family

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by Krexpah(m): 9:54am On Jul 07, 2023
Lol something I already see as normal
But d longest one is from ilupeju to abule egba
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by ambient: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2023
I remembered trekking from obigbo to elelenwon during goodluck Jonathan election period, didn't know there was no movement and i had to submit my CV at jdp to meet the deadline in the morning....kai i waka

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by gentposh: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2023
Olodi apapa to oshodi

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by sukkot: 9:55am On Jul 07, 2023
trek ? nekwa . cheetham hill to manchester city center undecided sapa wan wound somebody
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by Offpointng: 9:55am On Jul 07, 2023
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by Lama70(m): 9:55am On Jul 07, 2023
From Egbeda to Sango in the year 1996 in Lagos. In fact, all over Lagos. That contributed to what made me know Lagos this much.

I have left Lagos now for over 14 years but I can close my eyes and tell you major bustops if the need arises. I mean almost every part of Lagos. Lol.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by olab059(m): 9:55am On Jul 07, 2023
Back in the day, I trekked from Ikeja Along to Egbeda in Lagos...then I fell inside gutter with all my certificates when I was almost home...gutter water was all over my certificates. Thank God the NYSC certificate was laminated.

Man pikin don suffer for this life o. Chai!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by aylagos(m): 9:55am On Jul 07, 2023
From Sango Ota to Ijaye Ojokoro
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by pikechukwu6(m): 9:56am On Jul 07, 2023
grin grin grin...we go dey alright after mod barn my account.
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by MS247: 9:56am On Jul 07, 2023
What if after that long trek you find out it's a multi level marketing lol

Longrich, forever living

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by saintopus(m): 9:57am On Jul 07, 2023
IyaTola:
Yaba to Bariga

Yaba to Bariga no far naaa!!!

I don treck from Shomolu reach Ikeja only to find out that it was GNLD, I been wan mad, my wife delivered twins not UpTo 3 months and disaster struck, I then treck back again.

That's was in 2013

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by Djreloaded(m): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2023
Chifriend:
Those who know Calabar know the distance I am talking about here.

I trekked all the way from Scanabo in 8 miles to UNICAL to submit my credentials to someone.

Life of an applicant is a painful life.

I don't know how many kilometers that would be but it's quite a long distance. Almost like trekking from one LGA to the other.

The distance I have covered trekking in search of work the last two weeks, if I sum together may cross one state into another.

It's not because I like trekking but because I may not have the transport fare and the cost of transportation now is very high.

It's a big burden on struggling Nigerians.

Sometimes you get caught by rain and your clothes get soaked. Hmmmm.

I'm right inside UNICAL now but warming up to make my return.

God help me through as I return.
send me your account details sir.
I'm also in calabar, and I know how far that is.
You mean you passed Tinapa, 8 miles, Army Junction to Unical? shocked

15 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by MykellOni(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
It is well bro, naija is really crazy. Pls drop your azza lemme do you small thing for your tfare back. We go be alright las las

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by Control56: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2023
[quote author=Chifriend post=124255900][/quote]

Bro I walked the whole of lagos consistently for two months in search of a job, I filled and submitted over 150 applications only to get unsuccessful replies over and over again. I was without reasonable job for 7years after my graduation. And finally, I got an opportunity to move to the UK and that was it. As I speak to you rightnow I have never regretted my action of coming over here, and unlike nigeria, as far as you are hardworking you’ll definitely make it here. I can guarantee you that. That’s why I don’t pay attention to anyone trying to condemn the japa people.
Person wey no know your story or wey never dey your shoes before no fit understand your struggle. My only advise is “Don’t Just Give Up”.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by DrIkB: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
When i was seriously job hunting. People in Asaba will know the distance, i trekked from headbridge to Hampton hotel in okpanam road..
Mehn, me sef shock say i fit trek lyk that..

That’s far o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by Drsnives(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2023
Trekked from Lagos to Maiduguri when buba won presidency

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by bigdammyj: 10:04am On Jul 07, 2023
OboOlora:
Haaaaaa baba.
I waka VI those days ooooo, 2007/2008. Na within VI o, from one company HO to another but if u add the waka together, everyday for like 6months submitting CVS and attending interviews, e fit reach from Iragbiji to Aso Rock.

I remember one Arksego security guy even pour me bottled water for Skye Bank for Adeola Hopewell one time when I insist say I wan drop unsolicited CV.

When I see work begin ball for Vi, I make sure say I find the guy go back that place o. Send mail give the bank manager and em office say the guy de Bleep alagbo for security room wey cctv nor cover.

Bleep karma, an eye for an eye always!

I remember you
E be like say I remember you grin
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by jumper524(m): 10:05am On Jul 07, 2023
45min walk in search of site pay of 1500 daily back in 2015 during my 100l.
Did it for 3 days na there I swear no b me go do site work for this life, what it takes from you is never recovered. The stress ain't worth the pay.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by Sebocious(m): 10:05am On Jul 07, 2023
southsouthking:
From Ugbowo Main gate to Stella Obasanjo Hospital country home road.
If you're familiar with Benin City, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Thanks to God for life.
This one shock me oo..
How u do am?I dey live for uselu, but my parents house dey country home..
Na my regular route be dat

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by EMMARNUEL: 10:06am On Jul 07, 2023
DrIkB:

That’s far o
Guy, no be small o.. I pass koka, pass summit, pass interbua, pass police station.. I waka leg pain me.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by OlaHolla: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2023
🤐
Okota to Ebute meta (➡️⬅️)...
Ikeja to Onipanu
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by EMMARNUEL: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2023
tishbite42:

Phuck grin grin
Hope sey you get the job
Guy, i no get the job o.. I wan use swear kill them.
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by Abiliboi: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2023
Costain to VI. Life is hard

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by jayAjoku(m): 10:08am On Jul 07, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
When i was seriously job hunting. People in Asaba will know the distance, i trekked from headbridge to Hampton hotel in okpanam road..
Mehn, me sef shock say i fit trek lyk that..
lol 😂😂🤣😂 Jesus Christ Omo that na over 3 to 4 kilometers
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:09am On Jul 07, 2023
Add God to it.

Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by obedience4(m): 10:10am On Jul 07, 2023
southsouthking:
From Ugbowo Main gate to Stella Obasanjo Hospital country home road.
If you're familiar with Benin City, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Thanks to God for life.

Baba wese ooo, you try brother
Re: What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? by aboyaji(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2023
I've trekked from Oyigbo in Rivers State to Trans Amadi and back Same day. Most times I came back very late by 11 pm either under the rain or just darkness.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graduate Communication And Marketing Officer Vacancy At La Fayette Microfinance / Nationwide Recruitment For Customer Service Executives At Halogen Security / Apply For Intercoms Integrated Solution Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.