Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,463 members, 7,964,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 12:01 AM

Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? (32090 Views)

Kwara POS Operator Lavishes N280m Received In Error / POS Operator, Malam Umar, Honoured In Warri For Charging β‚¦β€Ž200 For β‚¦β€Ž5K / Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Egbi2020: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
Go back to the bank and request for the Arbiter code of that particular transaction.
Take the code to pos guy and claim your money.
Once the bank gives you the Arbiter code, the pos guy will lodge the complaint with his service provider from there you will recover your money.
The Arbiter code is alphanumeric.
Eg. Zenith bank may start with zen........
In case the customer care may tend to play with your knowledge by giving you ordinary code in place of the Arbiter code.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Kajaard: 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
All this stress for 2100 naira or dollars? I don't understand undecided
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Warl0ck: 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
Contact lawyer Sope O.T Lor who also goes by the name "E Don Go" to help u out with this case. grin grin grin
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Emaprince: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

See the attached picture for clarification.

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.
If your bank insist it was successful, then the money is with the POS. What you will do now is request for your statement of account from your bank for that day. Once you have it, you will see the POS name on it and it will show successful.

Take the account statement to the POS operator..if he continues lieing, tell him to bring his own statement of account for said date. It is on his own slip you will see the actual truth.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
domack99:
Did you get a print out receipt from the POS that shows declined?
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:
I performed a transaction at a Pos stand and it was declined but I was debited 2100. Immediately, I complained to the back because it's a stone throw from my residence. The customer care told me to check back in seven days that she has logged in my complaints.

After the d-day, I discovered it was not reversed. I called the customer care and I received the shocker of my life. They sent me a document which I will attach to this post that it was successful.

I went back to the post guy and narrated it to him and he said, "He didn't see any money reversed." I went back to the bank and was told they can't do anything that it was successful.

Please bankers and experienced nairalanders, what can I do to recover my 2100? I don't have any money with me and I was hoping for that money. Have I been scammed or what?

Good afternoon sir Nlf.pmod. Please help me post. I really need this money, sir. I want to know where it's coming from.
I once used my ATM card at Bovas filling station on their monie point POS machine. I was debited but they claimed they didn't see it. Well, I used my Opay card to make another payment, went successful and I fuelded up. The next day I went to my bank Gtbank, I was told to go home and come back after 7 days. After d days I went back there and was told it was successful that I should hold on to bovas balls, they will provide me my money, the filling is far so I just can't go there because of 8k so it's wise to go back there when my tank go low. To my surprise, I received a reverse alert on the 10th day. I was like, thank God I didn't go drag Bovas.

Lesson learnt, most of those bunkers don't know what they are doing + been lazy.

My recommendation. Wait two weeks but today go to that pos guy, request to see his statement of account on that same day you used his machine. He can do that on his machine so don't take his excuses of having to go to his bank to get it. And next time, patronize Opay machine while you too have an Opay app on your phone, put small money there like 100k and start using It to withdraw little cash or when buying little things.

2 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by ikbnice(m): 1:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

The transaction result showed successful at your bank end. Let the POS operator reach out to the customer service of the operator he or she uses and tell them what happened. Some operators have a way to log for refund for declined transactions. You can ask for the arbiter log code of the said transaction and give it to the POS to reach out to the CS of the agent he uses. It's just unfortunate that many POS operators don't know how to resolve things like this.

Note: The money wouldn't drop in the POS account. If everything is done properly, a reversal will be back in your account
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by lordimmaogidi(m): 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
All this, for the 2k?. We are really passing through hell.
I suggest you sue both parties πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

It's the bank o
You should even be happy
My coursemate is having same issues with 60k since February 28... He don write letters, met all the personnel tire, nothing comot
There are other experiences too

Sorry about that sir or you may keep trying
But I can help you earn money. Trust me. It's 100% legit

Anyone interested should dm on whatsapp
https:///+2348098114128
Just forget it bro
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Hanndye: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
The POS guy should have been held responsible to handle the matter.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
@op, tell the guy to show you transaction details of that same reference on his terminal or app. The verdict on the transaction details when checked with him is what he can hold onto.
A lady did a withdrawal on my terminal and it failed but was debited, she did it elsewhere but was successful.
The timing was very similar that we both got confused. I called my customer support after raising a dispute claim, but was told the transaction wasn't successful. I told her to go to her bank, bank gave her her account statement that it was successful, even showing my terminal.
I called my customer support again, and I was told to request for a log credentials from the bank, which I did, the bank gave us a credentials immediately we called but we discovered that it was for the other transaction that was successful after we compared it with her statement.
I called back again (all calls on me ooo, just to clear my name), I told them that the credentials is not for me but for the other transaction, the customer rep confirmed it to be true, then said she will check for mine(the one that is for my terminal), she told the lady to check her email in 48hrs, I was like why 48hrs, if the other can be seen immediately, mine too should show immediately.
The lady went home, after 5days, I called if she got the mail, she said no, I told her to come so we can call again (she needs to speak with her bank in person before I can explain better as I'm not the bank customer), we went through the same cycle again, and she never got the log from her bank still after 2days.
I don't know if the money was eventually refunded to her or not, But I never got any fund on my own POS
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by ikbnice(m): 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Rather than reversed they approved

So the money is with the POS guys, he should check his transaction log
The money will be with BAXI which is the POS he used. It won't be in the agents account. The POS person should have contacted BAXI and file for a refund for the customer

4 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2023
telim:

Reply with your account number. I Will send you 5k use am hold body and stop disturbing yourself.

Oooh Thank sir.It really pained me sir.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by obinna58(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
okelola1986:
May be the POS person na sales rep, but tell him to tell his boss to check his apps, it will show that the money later successful and drop, once POS wrote approved or successful the money don go, this is my 5yrs in the POS business
It was declined, the bank cannot declined a transaction and it still get approved

Na scam bank be that

Na to go the bank and print out the approved receipt else na fight e go be for inside bank

The approved recipt is what you need to tackle the pos agent, Dey do am aggressively so they’ll know you’re seriously about you money

Accuse both pos and bank for scam, if you quiet dem go use u
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by EggonBoy(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
morikee:
Tell am to print or show you his statement of account.
That's the simple solution to this brouhaha
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2023
Egbi2020:
Go back to the bank and request for the Arbiter code of that particular transaction.
Take the code to pos guy and claim your money.
Once the bank gives you the Arbiter code, the pos guy will lodge the complaint with his service provider from there you will recover your money.
The Arbiter code is alphanumeric.
Eg. Zenith bank may start with zen........
In case the customer care may tend to play with your knowledge by giving you ordinary code in place of the Arbiter code.
You are right. I had similar issue, the bank could not supply the code after more than 2wks.
I just narrated my experience before seeing this.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by ikbnice(m): 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ekejoestar:
If I were you, I'll ask the pos guy to prove his innocence by printing out his account statement from the day of the failed transaction to when you showed him your banks notice of debit
It won't be in his account since it's a failed transaction. It would be with BAXI, that's the POS used. Only BAXI can reverse the money. OP can try calling BAXI customer care, he would be redirected to the agent so the agent would make the complaint to them

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

This is not always true. The pos guy might not be lying.
I will drop similar experience in a comment later

How sir?
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
This is it. I donating doing same at them. It's unfair.

highness25:
Una never know these banks. That was how I was debited at a POS stand 10,200 and the transaction was declined, I went to my bank they said the transaction was successful. I went to the POS he said in all honesty that the transaction was not successful. I was just calm, the following day I entered my Bank and created a scene there to my greatest surprise the money was reversed to me. Something they said it's not in their possession oo. Fear Banks in Nigeria.

Now just imagine I received 10,500 what I'm seeing as my balance is 9k and I'm asking them where the 1,500 went to fcmb is saying I have a lien of 1,500 on my account and they can't explain what for. They will know me next week sha.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

How sir?
I've narrated my experience. You can check through. Someone also mentioned something similar above.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by ikbnice(m): 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
phemmyfour:
The post guy is lying . If bank tell you that it successful, then it's successful cos computer no dey lie
If bank tell you it's successful, that's from their end, if it's not successful from the POS end, it's not successful. That's what arbiter log code is for. To trace that kind thing
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
If only you know what that hard earned money meant to me. I will take your advice sir.

lordimmaogidi:
All this, for the 2k?. We are really passing through hell.
I suggest you sue both parties πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by abdlkay(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
it's advisable you go to your bank and request for statement of account to see if truly they refund you back the said money.

Ps: Note that if a transaction shows declined in a pos machine then it's either your account was not debited due to certain errors/wrong input and in worst case you account would be debited without the said amount been credited to the pos agent.

If you're lucky enough, atimes the transaction might reverse within 24hrs but on the contrary your best option is to request the pos agent to lodge a complaint on your account been debited for an unsuccessful withdrawal, you can also decide to lodge a complaint to your bank for faster reversal. Either way you are suppose to get a refund within one week.

PS: If a transaction shows declined on a pos don't even bother wasting your time hoping on it been successful, once it shows declined then the transaction didn't occur on the pos end (money was not transferred or received on the pos)

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Promicah: 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
Kajaard:
All this stress for 2100 naira or dollars? I don't understand undecided

Bros, na naira but it like 2 million to me now. I really broke.
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by DestinyNigga: 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
Promicah:

The same thing happened to me. See what I did to got my money back. I contacted my bank (First bank) they said that it was successful, I then contacted the POS bank (Opay) they said that I should screenshot where it's written decline and send to them so they can settle it. I did it and they rectify it. They now told me that it's now successfully. I then went to POS woman and show her the email Opay sent to me with some supporting documents that shows the time the money was rectify and the amount on her POS that day. She was shocked sef cheesy She went inside and give me my money. So try and contact the POS guy bank. They are the answer to ur problem not your bank. You can Google their hotline or goggle their email address and message them.

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by ikbnice(m): 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
Salowise:
I once had an issue like that, the money might not be in the pos agent's wallet, I'll advise you to contact your bank for NIBSS transaction confirmation. Also I'll advise you not to go to the bank those customers service guys knows absolutely nothing, just call their customers service and table your problem to them they'll report it to their technical department you can also contact the pos customers service yourself by giving them the session id.

You are right. It's a surprise that most bank customer care know next to nothing. They will just keep telling him to come back till he gets frustrated

2 Likes

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Hanndye: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
@op, tell the guy to show you transaction details of that same reference on his terminal or app. The verdict on the transaction details when checked with him is what he can hold onto.
A lady did a withdrawal on my terminal and it failed but was debited, she did it elsewhere but was successful.
The timing was very similar that we both got confused. I called my customer support after raising a dispute claim, but was told the transaction wasn't successful. I told her to go to her bank, bank gave her her account statement that it was successful, even showing my terminal.
I called my customer support again, and I was told to request for a log credentials from the bank, which I did, the bank gave us a credentials immediately we called but we discovered that it was for the other transaction that was successful after we compared it with her statement.
I called back again (all calls on me ooo, just to clear my name), I told them that the credentials is not for me but for the other transaction, the customer rep confirmed it to be true, then said she will check for mine(the one that is for my terminal), she told the lady to check her email in 48hrs, I was like why 48hrs, if the other can be seen immediately, mine too should show immediately.
The lady went home, after 5days, I called if she got the mail, she said no, I told her to come so we can call again (she needs to speak with her bank in person before I can explain better as I'm not the bank customer), we went through the same cycle again, and she never got the log from her bank still after 2days.
I don't know if the money was eventually refunded to her or not, But I never got any fund on my own POS
Isn't it adviceable to change the amount slightly if you are going to make a repeated transaction?
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by phemmyfour: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
ikbnice:

If bank tell you it's successful, that's from their end, if it's not successful from the POS end, it's not successful. That's what arbiter log code is for. To trace that kind thing
I ma telling you what this POS guys do, you are telling me about arbiter log code. Seems you ve not gotten into the hands of these dubious pos guys
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Drixmobi25: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Did the POS guy did a dispute login for you on the baxi POS?, if no, then you and the pos operator should find time and go to the bank, the guy should carry his POS machine, no the date of the failed transaction(receipt as evidence). In this way a proper investigation will be carry out.
I am baxi POS user, so I have experienced such situations many times, that's how I resolve the issue.

1 Like

Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by Tradepunter2: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
How you guys still use POS is beyond me.... Keep failing into some of their dubious hands..... Some of the POS guys are criminals waiting for the perfect time.... We arrested 3 after a serious case brought against them by fellow staff from other regions..... Handed them over EFCC since is not our jurisdiction to hold and persecute such....
Re: Was I Scammed By The Bank Or POS Operator? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Hanndye:

Isn't it adviceable to change the amount slightly if you are going to make a repeated transaction?
The lady was only trying to withdraw what she needs. It just like trying an ATM and it's not working, you just go to the next to try again entering same amount. Also the alert came in late to her phone. It came in after the 2nd transaction which was even the successful transaction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity / Adire Mall, Abeokuta, Ogun State Set For Commissioning (Photos) / Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Most Indebted States In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.