Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,368 members, 7,971,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:18 AM

Should Jamb Result Expire In One Year? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should Jamb Result Expire In One Year? (265 Views)

Finally!! My JAMB Result Puts Smiles On My Face. / Can I Use My 2017 Jamb Result For 2018? / JAMB Result Slip Printing Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Jamb Result Expire In One Year? by Joshuaomotayo10(m): 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
The Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Professor Ishaq Oloyede, has clarified the duration of the results for the board's Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
He explained that the results cannot be used beyond one year due to their nature as a ranking test rather than an achievement test.

During an interaction with journalists in Kano back in march 2022, after assessing the board's Computer-Based Test (CBT) center and other facilities in the state, Oloyede highlighted the distinction between the two types of tests.

He stated that achievement tests allow results to be valid over a period or even for life because they involve continuous assessments, practical assessments, on-the-spot assessments, and a final exam, which are combined. On the other hand, ranking tests are single-session examinations and can be influenced by various factors, making them unsuitable for accurately judging a candidate's abilities.

To illustrate his point, Professor Oloyede provided an example of a student who scored 230 last year but could not pursue a medical degree. If the student were allowed to use that score this year, it would not be fair as rankings need to be recalculated annually.

The suggestions for the results to last longer than a year, according to Professor Oloyede, come from individuals unfamiliar with the nature and purpose of the examination.
He emphasized that the purpose of the UTME is to rank individuals who are assumed to be already qualified, determining the duration of the result.

Regarding whether the post-UTME conducted by tertiary institutions questions the credibility of JAMB, Oloyede expressed that the board does not have any issues with institutions having a say in the admission process.
He mentioned that universities should have the opportunity to reassess the qualities of candidates they wish to admit.

Oloyede further explained that if he is confident in the validity of the JAMB examination, he has no concerns about institutions conducting additional tests. He believes that the outcomes will align with each other, as the disparities that existed in the past have been addressed.

Do you want to help your child prepare for the next JAMB examination? Send me a message now to get our JAMB Video Tutorial with over 40 years past questions and answers or call +2347049163283

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Use My Whatapp Number Again ? / I Just Released My Story( Futo Na War) On Okadabooks / JAMB Meeting With Government Agency (Today) Over NIN Issues In Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.