Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,693 members, 7,882,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

Reactions To The Mother Of Six Being Paraded For Adultery: A Very Biased Take. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reactions To The Mother Of Six Being Paraded For Adultery: A Very Biased Take. (366 Views)

Mother Of Six Paraded For Sleeping With Her Neighbor (pix, Videos) / "Who Is The Mother?" Lady & Beautiful Mum Trend On 20 Year-old Throwback Photo / Two Pastors Arrested For Adultery In Adamawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reactions To The Mother Of Six Being Paraded For Adultery: A Very Biased Take. by atheistandproud(m): 7:20am On Jul 09, 2023
Two weeks ago, Banky W was accused of suspected adultery, even to the point of getting another woman pregnant and soon Anita followed up by proving that she was indeed pregnant for Davido.

The common reaction on Nairaland was scorn for both men. The ladies here went to town dragging them through the mud and had a field day. In fact many men on Nairaland supported them.

The fact that these men didn't commit adultery by themselves was quickly forgotten. Nobody came out to condemn Anita publicly for knowingly sleeping with a married man. Instead, she became an overnight yeyebrity. So, in this life, no matter what happens, it's always a man's fault.

Note: A married person bears the burden of responsibility for an extra marital affair. They were the ones who signed a contract of faithfulness and exclusivity.

It is pertinent to write this because a lot of women on Nairaland want to get married and want their bride prices paid and yet echoed throughout that thread that "a married woman has the right to sleep with whoever she wants". 😂😂😂😂😂

Wait wait wait. So why put men through the hassle of a first and second introduction, a traditional marriage where a fee(s) are paid on the WOMAN'S head and finally a church or white wedding with a reception attached? Why? Why not just move into the man's house and keep your name?

Think about it. Imagine doing traditional marriage, bride price, being forced to humble yourself before a girls parents and extended family, her pastor and their clergy, go through the lengthy process of marriage only to be told that your wife has the right to knack whoever she wants, just divorce her and quietly move on.

What makes it even more heinous is that she's pregnant! But Nairaland's mob says that she's done nothing wrong that's worthy of condemnation. So why did they condemn Banky and David? Why are Yul and Innocent (2face) still running jokes on Nairaland?

Because there's no such thing as equality. It's always a man's fault. Know this when dealing with that other gender (that are now starting to believe in 99 other genders) and have peace.

These people have conveniently ignored the fact that the procession was led and championed by women. But no! Let's blame men.

Men are slowly becoming endangered species.
Re: Reactions To The Mother Of Six Being Paraded For Adultery: A Very Biased Take. by neonly: 7:42am On Jul 09, 2023
May you never stumble and fall in yur life
Your topic won't reach FP I can bet my ass
Men love yourself

1 Like

Re: Reactions To The Mother Of Six Being Paraded For Adultery: A Very Biased Take. by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 09, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To The Mother Of Six Being Paraded For Adultery: A Very Biased Take. by Worriedwife: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2023
Exodus15v11:
I don't think anyone is condoning the woman for committing adultery. Adultery is a sin. The Bible itself mandates that married people should uphold faithfulness and that anything outside of this IS a sin and one that warrants divorce if the other spouse so chooses. That said, the issue with this woman's case is that she was paraded and shamed publicly, while the same thing wasn't done to the man she committed adultery with. He could've been a married man himself but irrespective of his own marital status, he too should've been made to take a public walk of shame but he was nowhere to be seen.

Were Davido, Yul, and Banky paraded and shamed publicly like this woman? Of course not! Not that anyone expected them to have experienced such; these are wealthy and successful men. Other than the verbal criticisms they received, nothing was done to these men. On the contrary, their actions were condoned by some. I read a lot of comments about Yul being able to marry as many wives as he wanted. I didn't follow Davido's or Banky's recent situation but I wouldn't be surprised if there were comments supporting the adultery that they too committed. You trying to make it seem like men are always chastised in these situations more than women, especially in a sexist and barbaric country like Nigeria, is far from the truth b/c the majority of the shame and condemnation goes towards women.

You are a sensible poster.

1 Like

Re: Reactions To The Mother Of Six Being Paraded For Adultery: A Very Biased Take. by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 09, 2023
Worriedwife:

You are a sensible poster.
Thanks
Re: Reactions To The Mother Of Six Being Paraded For Adultery: A Very Biased Take. by atheistandproud(m): 9:57am On Jul 09, 2023
Exodus15v11:
I don't think anyone is condoning the woman for committing adultery. Adultery is a sin. The Bible itself mandates that married people should uphold faithfulness and that anything outside of this IS a sin and one that warrants divorce if the other spouse so chooses. That said, the issue with this woman's case is that she was paraded and shamed publicly, while the same thing wasn't done to the man she committed adultery with. He could've been a married man himself but irrespective of his own marital status, he too should've been made to take a public walk of shame but he was nowhere to be seen.

Were Davido, Yul, and Banky paraded and shamed publicly like this woman? Of course not! Not that anyone expected them to have experienced such; these are wealthy and successful men. Other than the verbal criticisms they received, nothing was done to these men. On the contrary, their actions were condoned by some. I read a lot of comments about Yul being able to marry as many wives as he wanted. I didn't follow Davido's or Banky's recent situation but I wouldn't be surprised if there were comments supporting the adultery that they too committed. You trying to make it seem like men are always chastised in these situations more than women, especially in a sexist and barbaric country like Nigeria, is far from the truth b/c the majority of the shame and condemnation goes towards women.

And surprisingly, I agree with you, however what I am addressing is different. I was addressing Nairaland's verbal hypocrisy whilst you're tackling her public shaming. Two different things.

In that vein, I completely agree with you, but lemme ask you this. Who led the charge in her parading? Who made the loudest noise? Who called her the most degrading names?
In the video, the man was there too. It's not like he was exempt but he wasn't pushed to the front.

So if you answer these all correctly, how is this a man's fault then? No one blamed the other women who made up the majority of the crowd who made her do the walk of shame.

Mind you, the walk of shame is actually a universal punishment, not just African.

Let's look at more cases.

Man beats wife, he's blamed.
Wife beats husband, he's blamed.
Man kills wife, he's blamed.
Wife kills husband, the dead man is blamed.
Man commits adultery, he's blamed.
Woman commits adultery, men are blamed.

Are you seeing a theme here?

There's no victim blaming in a man's case. Only in a lady's case.

Go ahead and reread that thread again, no one woman categorically condemned her actions without blaming, you guess who? Men.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Male Or Female Bosses ? / Your Children Vs Social Media: Which Is More Important? / Blue Edifice Properties Ltd Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.