Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 (13032 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2018/2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by OAM4J: 4:16pm On Jun 07
Oasis007:
Ibime.....since you will be incharge fully next season, pls let's make it interesting and competitive. We do not need large number of dormant players, rather few number of active participants.

Out of 500+ that registered for the league, how many are active on this board?! You see some names and you wonder where they crawl out from.

Like someone suggests, we can structure next season into perhaps 2 League Formats. NL Elite League for known active participants and NL General League for the rest.

Allow every player in the NL Elite League to participate in the FA Cup as well. At end of season, bottom 4 or more, depends on the number of players should be relegated to NL General League and Vice versa [promote top 4 or more to from General League to Elite League].

My 2 Dirhams.

Cc
Raumdeuter
Afrodoc2
Sod09
Timbros
Obainojazz
Pamcode
Emaprince
Griffon
..and others.

The idea of promotion and relegation is a good idea and will add more fun to the whole thing. I support.

It's just that it is a lot of work for one person to handle seamlessly. For it to work, we might need at least 3 active administrators with access to the email and password of all the accounts we use for these fantasy games.

I will also suggest the following:

- Let's keep the structure as they are, (The Main league, FA Cup and Carling Cup)

- Carling Cup will be the promotion feeder and relegation receiver from the FA Cup, while those who performed well in the main league the previous season can join the carling cup on request. Relegate bottom 3 from both H2H and promote top 3 from Carling cup and main league.

- By all means, while we make the code of the main league available for all interested, let's not make it automatic in the new season to include all previous participants. We now have like thousands participants in the main league and I doubt if hundreds among them still visit Nairaland.

- To address the problem of waiting indefinitely for those who are qualified for FA and Carling Cup, we can give a grace of 2 weeks after opening of the new season thread for qualified people to request for codes after which we can give the remaining available spots to the next most qualified people that are already showing interest.

We can fine tune all these to make it more fun and convenient for the handlers.

My 2 Kobo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07
OAM4J:

The idea of promotion and relegation is a good idea and will add more fun to the whole thing. I support.

It's just that it is a lot of work for one person to handle seamlessly. For it to work, we might need at least 3 active administrators with access to the email and password of all the accounts we use for these fantasy games.

- Let's keep the structure as they are, (The Main league, FA Cup and Carling Cup)

- Carling Cup will be the promotion feeder and relegation receiver from the FA Cup, while those who performed well in the main league the previous season can join the carling cup on request. Relegate bottom 3 from both H2H and promote top 3 from Carling cup and main league.

- By all means, while we make the code of the main league available for all interested, let's not make it automatic in the new season to include all previous participants. We now have like thousands participants in the main league and I doubt if hundreds among them still visit Nairaland.

- To address the problem of waiting indefinitely for those who are qualified for FA and Carling Cup, we can give a grace of 2 weeks after opening of the new season thread for qualified people to request for codes after which we can give the remaining available spots to the next most qualified people that are already showing interest.

My 2 Kobo cheesy
You don't need to access people's email and password to know their standings
Ibime can be in all leagues to control that
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by Oasis007(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07
timbros:

I support this completely. If there is relegation/promotion, it will make the league competitive more.

But will FA Cup follow the same structure of relegation to Carling Cup too?

Only Elite League Players will participate in the FA Cup, hence if you are relegated, you are no longer eligible for FA Cup rather Carling Cup.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by Oasis007(m): 4:33pm On Jun 07
OAM4J:

My 2 Kobo cheesy

I am not sure you need access to emails o. We can keep tracks of events and iamoyindamola has also offered to support.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by OAM4J: 5:22pm On Jun 07
Oasis007:

I am not sure you need access to emails o. We can keep tracks of events and iamoyindamola has also offered to support.

iamoyindamola:

You don't need to access people's email and password to know their standings
Ibime can be in all leagues to control that

I don't mean participant emails. I mean the email accounts used to create the main league, FA and Carling cups.

As at now, I think only Mukina2 (or with Ibime) has access to that email, if she is busy or for one reason unable to reactive those league accounts on time in a new season, then all participants will be stranded. All the administrators should be able to reactivate those league accounts, control and monitor the participants, so they can weed out those who are not meant to be in a particular league but got the codes through the backdoors or those who break any set rule...
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:01pm On Jun 07
OAM4J:

I don't mean participant emails. I mean the email accounts used to create the main league, FA and Carling cups.

As at now, I think only Mukina2 (or with Ibime) has access to that email, if she is busy or for one reason unable to reactive those league accounts on time in a new season, then all participants will be stranded. All the administrators should be able to reactivate those league accounts, control and monitor the participants, so they can weed out those who are not meant to be in a particular league but got the codes through the backdoors or those who break any set rule...
No bro
It's same email you use in registering your account
Anybody can create leagues
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by Trojan8(m): 7:05pm On Jun 07
Observing
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by Emaprince: 7:47pm On Jun 07
I support this suggestion from oasis.

The Elite league should be for active participants. I dont know how guest viewers on Nairaland will just sneak in and occupy all the spots.

And the idea of relegation and promotion is cool too. Lets make it fun.

If no be trust issues, I for say make we stake 50k each sef. If you lose out, you cry cheesy
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07
Emaprince:
I support this suggestion from oasis.

The Elite league should be for active participants. I dont know how guest viewers on Nairaland will just sneak in and occupy all the spots.

And the idea of relegation and promotion is cool too. Lets make it fun.

If no be trust issues, I for say make we stake 50k each sef. If you lose out, you cry cheesy
Alakoba
Make elderly people they cry🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by OAM4J: 9:39pm On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:

No bro
It's same email you use in registering your account
Anybody can create leagues

Oh okay I get it. Sorry I have not created a league before.

That means Mukina owns the email to all the league we are presently playing... And we can not have a neutral league because the creator must have his/her team in the league too... A bit complicated to make the league independent of a particular player.

Well you guys should work out whatever idea and changes that are convenient to implement.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by obainojazz(m): 9:42pm On Jun 07
I support the suggestion from Oasix
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2023/2024 by Carlos56: 12:19am On Jun 22
This is my testimony on how I finally joined the new world order, Illuminati after I have been trying to join for over 2 years now but scammers took money from me several times. I have been searching to join the Illuminati for so long, but scammers keep taking my money until early this year when I meet with Lord Felix Morgan online I contacted him and I explained everything to him and he recommended the registration used and I paid for the big member to get me started and I was initiated into the World Order and I receive the sum of $4,000,000 us dollars after my initiation was done. I'm very happy! And promise to spread the good work of Lord Felix Morgan . If you are interested in joining the new world order Illuminati today, contact Lord Andrei Bogdanov today he’s your best chance to gain membership to the illuminati that you always desire. Contact Lord Felix Morgan Email: Illuminatiofficial565@gmail.com or Whatsapp +447918641801

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Bayern Munich - UCL (1 - 3) On 2nd October 2013 / Atalanta Vs Liverpool: Europa League (0 - 1) On18th April 2024 / Fulham Vs Arsenal (1 - 3) On 24th August 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.