Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,789 members, 7,921,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:05 PM

Ladies, What Will You Choose - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, What Will You Choose (384 Views)

Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? / Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, What Will You Choose by Built2last: 1:58pm On Jul 10, 2023
LADIES!!

After Traditional marriage Your hubby ask you to choose between #3.3m to start a business or white wedding.

Only one option

What will you choose
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by olasaad(f): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
#3.3m

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by izonborn098(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
They will still need the two, just look at the one under me, just simple question but na grammar she dey speak.
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by budaatum: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
Since I'd have my own business, I'd pay for the white wedding if he wants one, though I might start to wonder why he'd suggest such rubbish after the traditional when it should have been decided when we agreed to marry.

Sorry op, but your question suggests the sort of woman who has no feet to stand on.

Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by Built2last: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
budaatum:
Since I'd have my own business, I'd pay for the white wedding if he wants one, though I might start to wonder why he'd suggest such rubbish after the traditional when it should have been decided when we agreed to marry.

Sorry op, but your question suggests the sort of woman who has no feet to stand on.

Read the post again. It doesn't suggest a woman who has no feet to stand. The post clearly says for her to start business. Meaning she didn't have any.

May I chip in that, you have the means doesn't mean it has to happen. My wedding with my wife almost 10 years ago cost us 6.5million. My wife and I are doing very well. One day she woke up and asked me, why did we spend that much for our wedding just to dance and eat for few ours. She spent fortune for her wedding gown. We travelled outside the country to shop for wedding. The 6.5 million was just for the ceremony. Today, we both say it was childish. Simply impressing people that dont care. The most important thing in wedding is the pictures and video. Keep memories. Nothing more.

Planning for 10 year anniversary. She said no way. We won't gather people to feed them anymore.

She now prefers a weekend gate away and that's all.

People do a lot to impress friends and family in weddings. It's a show off.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by Sitwalkstand: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
Abeg, Does Oyibo people have traditional wedding and then do another type of wedding.

why do we do traditional and then do Oyibo man own.

Even in Bible marriage in Cana of Galilee was between 2 families,

Is white wedding another signature of colonialism hunting us.
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by budaatum: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
Built2last:

Read the post again. It doesn't suggest a woman who has no feet to stand. The post clearly says for her to start business. Meaning she didn't have any.

Read my post again and you might understand that "no feet to stand on" means "she didn't have any", which makes the op not applicable to all as I stated and as you've shown with your own wife's realisation.
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by Sonnobax15(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
lipsrsealed
Bannies of nowadays would rather go for the white wedding than the money lipsrsealed. They value marriage certificate pass school certificates these days.
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by ahnie: 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
The money wink
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by Childfree: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
They would say the money i.e because the money is going to them.

As a guy tell them no white wedding because it is a waste of money or you don't like it rather you save it. You'll see them frown and throw tantrum.
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by mariahAngel(f): 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
A wedding.
The honour of being married in church is priceless.

In Catholic church, you can't become a christian mother or join the CWO, except you wedded in church.
Same applies to men.
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by Childfree: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Bannies of nowadays would rather go for the white wedding than the money lipsrsealed. They value marriage certificate pass school certificates these days.

Not only girls the men too. In fact it is a Nigerian thing.

How much do you think the average Nigerian spend on wedding/marriage list/bride price Combined?

What is the income or average salary of the average Nigerian?

A guy earning 70k or 100k... You'll see them throwing wedding of 1.5, 2, or 3 million.

It took them 6 or more years to gather this oo. Yet they'll go and throw it on just a day party called wedding.

Why not just pay bride price carry your wife. Use the money upgrade your life to earn more by investing? But no.

A lady I know was lamenting how there is no work, no money to start a business, her husband too doesn't earn much... saying had it been she has 500k, she'll have started a business... This is someone whom just wedded not more than 2 years ago oo.

So they can spend probably millions on wedding yet doesn't occur to them to instead use the money to better their lives instead.
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by Childfree: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
mariahAngel:
A wedding.
The honour of being married in church is priceless.

In Catholic church, you can't become a christian mother or join the CWO, except you wedded in church.
Same applies to men.

The op is referring to the ceremony or party that is usually thrown. Not the joining before the church or god.

You can be joined in the reverend fathers office with just your parents, a witness or sponsors. Simple
Re: Ladies, What Will You Choose by mariahAngel(f): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
Childfree:

The op is referring to the ceremony or party that is usually thrown. Not the joining before the church or god.

You can be joined in the reverend fathers office with just your parents, a witness or sponsors. Simple

Of course, I wouldn't mind a simple wedding.

One thing I like about the Catholic church is that they usually organize group weddings for couples who cannot afford to have a wedding on their own, so you have no excuse as to why you're not wedded in church.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Half Braids Half Crochet Hairstyle | Feed In Braids Half Crochet Braids / Parents! Discover Incredible Ways To Connect With Your Child / Join The Purpose Discovery Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.