Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,067 members, 7,916,117 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 03:47 PM

Why I Left Real Madrid For Manchester United — Casemiro - Pulse Sports - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Left Real Madrid For Manchester United — Casemiro - Pulse Sports (204 Views)

Messi Has No Goal In El Clasico Since Ronaldo Left Real Madrid In 2018 / Chelsea Agrees £115m Fee With Real Madrid For Eden Hazard / Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Left Real Madrid For Manchester United — Casemiro - Pulse Sports by DonBabaNG: 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Manchester United's Casemiro has revealed he knew exactly what he was doing when he left LALIGA giants Real Madrid for the Red Devils.

Brazilian midfielder Casemiro has revealed that his move to Manchester United happened at an “ideal” time to leave Real Madrid.

Casemiro made a shock switch to Old Trafford last summer in a move that saw United pay £60 million for his signature.

The then 30-year-old put pen to paper on a five-year contract that will see him stay at the club until the summer of 2027.

Casemiro explains United switch

The move to United ended Casemiro’s seven-year romance with Real Madrid, where he won several titles.

He lifted the Champions League five times, and won three LALIGA and Club World Cup titles.

However, he joined United in a shock move last summer, helping the Reds win the Carabao Cup and picking a ticket back to the Champions League.

According to a report by Daily Mail, the Brazilian has now explained his move to England, describing it as the “ideal moment.”

'First I spoke with my family, who accepted it immediately,' the defensive midfielder told Brazilian magazine,” he said.

'It was the opportunity to leave a great club (Real Madrid) at the top, at an age that still allows me to have that hunger to continue winning.

'If it had been two or three years from now, I wouldn't have left Real Madrid to go to another big one, I wouldn't have that ambition to change leagues and leverage another giant club. It was the ideal moment.'

Speaking further, Casemiro adds that it was easy at first after then switch but everyone has been good to him.

'Of course, everyone wants love and respect,' he added. 'Everyone at the club has always been very affectionate.

'I felt loved from the first day, which was not easy after ten years at Real Madrid. It is the result of the work on the field, it was a very good mix of fans, employees, players, and that has been very important for my adaptation.'

Casemiro made 28 appearances in the Premier League last season, with four goals and three assists to his name. He also received two red cards.

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/why-i-left-real-madrid-for-manchester-united-casemiro-2023071015261753750

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool’s Henderson Set For Life-changing Move To Saudi Arabia Worth ₦‎700m Wk / FIFA World Cup Prize Money Will Be Paid Directly To You - FIFA To Super Falcons / Liverpool And Chelsea Lock Horns Over Caicedo & Lavia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.