Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,415 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:59 PM

Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian (414 Views)

11-Year-Old Girl Tortured To Death By Her Guardian In Jos (Disturbing Photos) / Girl Battered By Her Stepsister In Benue (Photos) / Set To Marry By August, Fiancée Battered By Fiance (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by IzunnaOkafor(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
By Izunna Okafor, Awka

Miss Idimmachukwu, the Nnewi-born 9-year-old girl, who was maltreated and battered by her guardian, Mrs. Chinyere Ifesinachi, has been awarded a compensation sum of five hundred thousand naira (₦500,000) by the Anambra State Children, Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Court, sitting at the Chief Magistrate's Court, Awka, the state's capital.

His Worship, Genevieve Osakwe who presided over the court, said the defendant, Mrs Ifesinachi went contrary to the Violence Against Persons, Prohibition and Protection, Laws of Anambra State of Nigeria, 2017, in the treatment she meted out to the little girl in Onitsha where they lived.

According to the court, the ₦500,000 the defendant will pay the little girl would be strictly for her education, and would be paid into a dedicated bank account to be opened in the girl's name.

The court further noted that the girl's mother and the Assistant Chief Registrar (ACR) of the Court, would be co-signatories to the account, adding that every expenditure to be made from the account must be accounted for, in order to avoid expenditures that are not related to the purpose of the money.

The court also adjourned the case to the August 2, 2023, for report of compliance to the order of Court.

Recall that the defendant, Mrs, Ifesinachi, who is 25-year-old mother of twin, was the woman who physically abused her House Help (the 9-year-old Idimmachukwu) sometime in May 2023.

She was said to have denied the underage girl education, as well as manhandled, tortured and battered her with pestle, cane, heated knife and other hard objects; after which she sent her to go and discard waste one early morning, before she was seen by some good-spirited individuals who rescued her.

The State's Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare, led by Commissioner Ify Obinabo intervened on the matter, hospitalized and eventually retook custody of the little girl after a series of controversies occasioned by the involvement of a skit maker Lord Zeus who took the girl from the hospital where she was hospitalized in Awka, and transferred her to an Asaba hospital, in Delta State, before she was eventually recalled back to Anambra State by the Commissioner and her team.

The operatives of the Anambra State Police Command also arrested the suspect, who was eventually charged to court.

Meanwhile, the girl had since been handed over to her family.

Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by TemplarLandry: 6:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
How could she violate a kid like that?
How could she be so heartless?

I dedicate “Heartless” by Kanye West to this bully. Solemn jam!
Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by izonborn098(m): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
''THE JUNKIE KID ABOVE ME SHA''
Pestle, cane, heated knife and other hard objects na world war 3 be that, just imagine what the fish brain gender is doing just to caution a child.
Only one gender involve in all kind of evil. If u now ask what offence did the innocent kid commit na from their u will know that women are very very useless.
And the useless parents especially the father u leave you innocent kid in hand of a devil and be going after other useless girls.
Bully my kid like this if i no pour hot water then i no be confirm nigga. Nonsense' FISH BRAINS AND WICKED GENDER'
Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by ahnie: 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
Why's maltreatment of underaged maids synonymous with women from the east?
It's really a cause for concern.
Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by ahnie: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2023
The parents are maaaaaaad.hiw on earth would a normal parent give out a little child as maid?

It's fucking annoying.
Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by Weknowbetter: 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
Lazy beast of a woman. What can this small girl do for you in your household? Poor stupid parents stop selling your kids into slavery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by illicit(m): 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
ahnie:
Why's maltreatment of underaged maids synonymous with women from the east?
It's really a cause for concern.

Honestly I don't understand

There was this Corp member who was posted to my former working place when I was in osun, She was my gf tho

She seem to derive joy in beating the students even for no apparent reason, it's like she thinks that being a teacher means u shd beat hell out of people's children

We share the same desk in the staff room, infact if any female student should come towards me for anything, that student will be flogged for one flimsy reason or the other no matter the age of the student

But if u hear talk about her siblings ehn, she won't let any body touch them even at school
I warned her severely and severally before she adjusted

She is from Imo
Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
see how miraculously (thanks to the 500K) the mother of the child is gonna come back to claim her child.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
See as chinyere turn Idimmachukwu to Chinese breed tru beating and maltreatment. The heart of a man is full of wickedness
Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by Zwanzig: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2023
ahnie:
The parents are maaaaaaad.hiw on earth would a normal parent give out a little child as maid?

It's fucking annoying.
my sister na poverty. This happened in my street sef.
Re: Court Awards ₦500,000 Compensation To Nnewi Girl Battered By Her Guardian by marlow1962(m): 9:29am On Jul 11, 2023
500k too small for that kind of battering, I was expecting from 3m above. Btw this is what happens when you're poor but active in bed.

(1) (Reply)

Police Confirm Arrest, Detention Of Amorous General Overseer, Say Investigation / I'm Bad Boy / Breaking! Three Fire Incidents Hit Anambra Same Day, One Still On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.